FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
True, i was thinking about it this morning. Many thx for reaching out Raffles and good to meet you!! We ended up staying late as Daniel came back for a round of pictures and we left around 1.30am!!!
Old May 2, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by zerbib
True, i was thinking about it this morning. Many thx for reaching out Raffles and good to meet you!! We ended up staying late as Daniel came back for a round of pictures and we left around 1.30am!!!
Grief!

Interesting to see that the NYC Daniel packages which closes yesterday were all over 50k with a few hours left, whilst we got ours for 6 to 9k!
Old May 2, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Grief!

Interesting to see that the NYC Daniel packages which closes yesterday were all over 50k with a few hours left, whilst we got ours for 6 to 9k!
Though I think ours wasn't worth any more!! Were the NYC packages similar to our experience yesterday? It is clear that he is much more popular in NYC...
Old May 2, 2013, 10:09 am

Kooza Bilbao

Amazing that the Kooza Bilbao is attracting no bidders
Old May 2, 2013, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Though I think ours wasn't worth any more!! Were the NYC packages similar to our experience yesterday? It is clear that he is much more popular in NYC...
Yup. It is at Daniel which is 3 Michelin stars, of course, but still a tasting menu and the food won't be much better than last night.

Value wise I thought it was good. Assuming 2p per point (3c) then we paid £170 for 2. You would have paid that for the tasting menu with wine pairings, I reckon, and we also got the champagne reception, the book and paid no service charge or tip!

There is also a lot to be said for the format as well - you get to meet other people who share your love of travel. It's not the same as another dinner out with the Mrs .....!
Old May 3, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think this auction is great too!! However one little caveat, how do you intend to get to Turnberry if transfer from Turnberry to Edinburgh is included? May be tricky to leave car there and don't count on taxi (rather dear from Glasgow!). I have been to all The Open Championships offers so far with SPG.. Great day.. Thx SPG Moments, but this one will require some logistical preparations!!!
I just thought of something else. Where to stay Sunday night? The Open ends too late to catch a flight, especially if you stay to see the Claret Jug. The Sheraton is rather pricey for Sunday night and unfortunately there isn't a Four Points or cheaper SPG option in town. I'm thinking maybe the Indigo.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:21 am

I think this auction is great too!! However one little caveat, how do you intend to get to Turnberry if transfer from Turnberry to Edinburgh is included? May be tricky to leave car there and don't count on taxi
There are fairly feasible PT options. Train from Paisley Gilmour Street (5 mins from GLA) to a local rail station (Maybole or Girvan) which are only 5miles from Turnberry and I believe the Concierge may pick you up from here gratis.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
There are fairly feasible PT options. Train from Paisley Gilmour Street (5 mins from GLA) to a local rail station (Maybole or Girvan) which are only 5miles from Turnberry and I believe the Concierge may pick you up from here gratis.
Great luxury package, but you have to use train from Glasgow to get there ( +1hours and one change @ Ayr) and luggages and clubs!! just puts you off a little doesnt it?? someone just scooped one BTW
Old May 3, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just thought of something else. Where to stay Sunday night? The Open ends too late to catch a flight, especially if you stay to see the Claret Jug. The Sheraton is rather pricey for Sunday night and unfortunately there isn't a Four Points or cheaper SPG option in town. I'm thinking maybe the Indigo.
I'm using points for 3 more nights at the sheraton.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
I'm using points for 3 more nights at the sheraton.
That's an idea. The Sheraton is over £100 cheaper on the following Sunday.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:58 pm

Wimbledon

SPG Moments.
Well, here is my problem. I bid on the pair of tickets in the auction and now it seems I have one to many tickets for the SPG Wimbledon moments on the 24 th.
Any of you that won the auction and are in need of one more ticket can feel free to contact me,
Old May 9, 2013, 12:58 am

Turnberry

Turnberry packages all scooped!! Well done SPG moments
Old May 9, 2013, 2:15 am

Glad I got in for one.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
Glad I got in for one.
Me too and thank you for posting about it here. I don't check on the auctions that often and might have missed this one.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Me too and thank you for posting about it here. I don't check on the auctions that often and might have missed this one.
Your in for this package to? PM me i'd like to see what your itinerary and plans are going to be. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.