FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
See 2001: A Space Odyssey and stay at LM Piccadilly - 2 hours left and the winning bid is 5000*p. Amazing deal for anyone near London!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
History favours the brave, congratulations!

Good luck on finding someone to go with. You have a pretty good incentive for your date, there.
I didn't make it. I'm sure they are having a blast now!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by remymartin
See 2001: A Space Odyssey and stay at LM Piccadilly - 2 hours left and the winning bid is 5000*p. Amazing deal for anyone near London!
Not able to get there for that date, but amazing deal indeed!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:35 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by remymartin
They seem to be doing quite a few very short (under 48 hour) auctions lately.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Yes, agreed. 4 packages on the table and I just noticed this today.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can someone please post the link in a wiki at the top of this thread?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can someone please post the link in a wiki at the top of this thread?
Like above?

(I presumed you meant a link to the actual Auction site, but if not, let me know, and I'll change it)
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JK
Like above?

(I presumed you meant a link to the actual Auction site, but if not, let me know, and I'll change it)
Perfect!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:48 am

F1

anybody here kind enough as to share what to expect from the

Mercedes AMG Petronas VIP hospitality?

all i know so far is that you will only have access to the racecourse on one specific day; but that is not a dealbreaker for me, since i am holding 3 day event tickets anyway...

thanks in advance, guys
karsten
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Night of the Proms

For those thinking about this event in Rotterdam, I can highly recommend it after doing it a year or two ago. Although the last time it included a backstage visit with one of the stars, even without that it's a very entertaining evening.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:04 pm

I'm actually fairly disappointed to see that the point redemption for F1 Austin tickets have increased eight times what they were last year! These are tickets are twice the price than others that were listed for a previous race. Some F1 auctions are now running over 3 weeks. I'm starting to get the impression that either SPG wants us to burn as many points as possible or are trying to gear these experiences to point rich members.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'm actually fairly disappointed to see that the point redemption for F1 Austin tickets have increased eight times what they were last year! These are tickets are twice the price than others that were listed for a previous race. Some F1 auctions are now running over 3 weeks. I'm starting to get the impression that either SPG wants us to burn as many points as possible or are trying to gear these experiences to point rich members.
SPG has been promoting SPG Moments quite heavily on in-room TV's etc. Doesn't surprise me at all that the prices of some events have gone up.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
SPG has been promoting SPG Moments quite heavily on in-room TV's etc. Doesn't surprise me at all that the prices of some events have gone up.
I am not sure if this is true. I am under the impression that the SPG Moments team does NOT set the price or length of auction on all Moments. There is a difference between prices set for instant redemptions and general auctions. There is no specific ratio of retail cash value and what the instant redemption is set for. For example, I've seen some concert tickets like Beyonce and Pink set at 10k points months ago, while recently Justin Timberlake tickets were at 5k. I don't believe that tickets to see Beyonce were double the price of JT. Also, there are moments that auctions that ran for only 5-6 days like the 2001 movie in London with a free hotel night in a hotel that were started at 5k points.

It seems that there is no science to how these moments are listed. Your best bet is to check the website twice a day to look for instant redemptions or short run auctions. Or, if you happen to be traveling/living in Asia those go for next to nothing.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/cg...menbr=67280009

Ending in a few hours with one auction with no bids. All others at or around 1000 points. If your in the area, a steal I think.
Oh, I would definitely have bid if I had seen this. Really need to start checking this site daily!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Folks that have won auctions with hotel stays, did you receive stay credit? Your redeeming points, so I would think so, but just checking for future bidding opps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.