Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
...off the top of my head NO Marriott brands in...Maldives...
Opening March 2011!!!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Got the 12 nights, so assumed my Gold card (with 2012 expiration) would continue to "work" okay. I just got today my "Here are your new credentials" package, including a new Gold card with the same expiration date and a brochure with the *2010* program details. Seems like a waste. Or are they sending new cards to everyone who got this promotion - gold cards to those who made it, silver to those that didn't?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Citrix Trainer
The Plat challenge certainly does work. I was granted the challenge on 23 Feb and just received this message:

Congratulations on achieving the Platinum Elite challenge!

Your Platinum Elite status has been extended through January 31, 2012 and your credentials are being processed which should arrive in the mail in four to six weeks.
Has anyone else successfully completed the challenge recently? I finished mine by June 30 and have not received a message like the one above. My status is still showing platinum, but I didn't receive any confirmation that it's extended through 2012 or that I'd receive a platinum card.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
I went through the Platinum Challenge about 2 months ago and called to confirm after the 18th night was posted on my account. While I was on the phone with a customer service manager they changed my status right then, I could see it on my Marriott Rewards account. I did not receive an e-mail that I can remember, but a phone call works for me. I have stayed since then and been recognized as a platinum. I would just give them a call if you have any questions and ask for a manager if you need to. Hope this helps!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Citrix Trainer
The Plat challenge certainly does work. I was granted the challenge on 23 Feb and just received this message:

Congratulations on achieving the Platinum Elite challenge!

Your Platinum Elite status has been extended through January 31, 2012 and your credentials are being processed which should arrive in the mail in four to six weeks.
I have also successfully completed a plat challenge this year and will be Plat til Feb 2012...

If i don't achieve 75 nights next year, will I be abe to upgrade back to Platinum for 40K points for 2012/2013 (as is possible for "normal plats" not achieving status?)
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: United 1P, Marriot Platinum, Priority Club Gold
I started traveling a lot more for work this year and approached Marriott to see if they would let me try any of their challenges. Since I signed up for the Visa and was immediately made Silver, they set me up with a Gold Challenge. After I beat that challenge (about 2 months), I called up and asked if they would let me do a Platinum Challenge. At first they resisted, but after commenting on how much I had already stayed with them within the past few months and how many reservations I had on file for the rest of the year, they reconsidered and put me into the Platinum Challenge. I had to stay 19 nights within 90 days from the date of that call.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
I was a SPG Plat, emailed Marriott for a status Match. Got 2 emails, 1 gold challenge, another plat challenge. Basically immediately gave me plat from non status ( Below Sliver ) and I had to stay 18 nights within a little more than 3 months. Replied to the Plat challenge and was immediately made Plat.

Stayed 14 nights so far, should be able to do more than 4 more nights by end of Aug. When I've done the 18 nights, should I email back and remind them?

Is it true we can basically pay 40K points for renewal of plat for a year?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott PLT, National EE
Rollover nights

I'm in the middle of completing a Plat challenge now.

Does anyone know how the rollover nights work with these challenges. AKA...if I complete 18 nights by October, will the stays/nights from after I complete the challenge start to count as rollover for 2011?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Tommyhob
I'm in the middle of completing a Plat challenge now.

Does anyone know how the rollover nights work with these challenges. AKA...if I complete 18 nights by October, will the stays/nights from after I complete the challenge start to count as rollover for 2011?

Thanks for any help.
Good question. My Guess would be NO. Any stay during 2010, even after completing the challenge will count towards 2010. But what do I know, I'm as clueless as you are.

Can somebody verify this.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by SC Alum
I was a SPG Plat, emailed Marriott for a status Match. Got 2 emails, 1 gold challenge, another plat challenge. Basically immediately gave me plat from non status ( Below Sliver ) and I had to stay 18 nights within a little more than 3 months. Replied to the Plat challenge and was immediately made Plat.
How long does it take for them to respond challenage email? 3-months satrts from when we received the email and we get the immediate plat. status?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:05 pm

Platinum Challenge

Do you think they will give me platinum if I've ALREADY stayed 28 days within a month? Right now I'm gold status. I didn't even think about asking for the challenge I just completed this stay.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by yensid
Do you think they will give me platinum if I've ALREADY stayed 28 days within a month? Right now I'm gold status. I didn't even think about asking for the challenge I just completed this stay.
I was in a similar situation where I was projecting to be Gold by year end (had 20+ nights in last few months and have another 24 booked for next two), but Platinum was going to be a stretch. Emailed asking for the Platinum challenge. Gave me Platinum till Jan 2012 without having to meet any specific requirements within next few months.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 4:44 pm

Plat challenge

Originally Posted by BDG8R
I was in a similar situation where I was projecting to be Gold by year end (had 20+ nights in last few months and have another 24 booked for next two), but Platinum was going to be a stretch. Emailed asking for the Platinum challenge. Gave me Platinum till Jan 2012 without having to meet any specific requirements within next few months.
I called today and they gave it to me until July 2012. I'm so excited!!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by pm6163
How long does it take for them to respond challenage email? 3-months satrts from when we received the email and we get the immediate plat. status?
The reply was within a day or two max. Yup, immediate Plat for a limited length of time. I emailed in May, and got the plat challenge 18 nights til end of Aug. Should I pass the challenge, then I would be a Plat til Feb 2012.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:28 pm

So what's the email address to write to?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.