Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by aveRex
does a Ritz Carlton stay count toward Platinum Challenge?
Yes.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
While the challenge won't help you (other than to get you Platinum status for the next 3 months), I would suggest applying for their credit card. That will give you 15 more nights (56 total), and you only need 50 nights for Gold, which gets you most of the perks of Platinum. Another 19 nights will put you at Platinum.
You could also apply for the Ritz Carlton card, which would give you instant Gold status the 1st year (and every year afterwards as long as you meet the 10k spend requirement)
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
signed up for gold challenge in the afternoon (only stays-version was offered), and saw the change on my account in the morning. pretty fast ^
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
When we complete a challenge does the system automatically convert the account or does a person have to physically intervene.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by RedElmo
When we complete a challenge does the system automatically convert the account or does a person have to physically intervene.
I finished the Platinum challenge last week, not knowing what to expect I emailed the MR help desk, and got a reply stating that I had successfully completed the challenge and I would remain at Platinum status through January 2015.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I finished the Platinum challenge last week, not knowing what to expect I emailed the MR help desk, and got a reply stating that I had successfully completed the challenge and I would remain at Platinum status through January 2015.
Ah ok. thanks I will do the same.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by hotstepper
signed up for gold challenge in the afternoon (only stays-version was offered), and saw the change on my account in the morning. pretty fast ^
That is quick, I am Silver and signed up 3 days ago and still says Silver. Wonder if I should email since I am traveling next week?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by the-ca-goat
I submitted an email request, and never got a reply. So I called and was offered the challenge based on stays. Asked if nights were possible, but was told no, I'd need to qualify with 75 nights. I was enrolled in the 9 stays promotion, but not sure I'm going to get them with my current travel patterns.
Took three calls but got my colleague on the plat challenge with nights.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
That is quick, I am Silver and signed up 3 days ago and still says Silver. Wonder if I should email since I am traveling next week?
Just call customer service. That's the quickest way
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:54 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I completed my 6th and final stay before the June 30 deadline for my Gold Challenge. However, it didn't post until 7/1/13. Looked this morning and saw that I was back to Silver.

Called in, took 5 minutes and my status now shows Gold, and as I'm told, through February 2015. We'll see.

Other than that minor hiccup, I'm pleased with how I've been treated as a Gold...About equal to what I get with HH as a Diamond. Now if they'd just open the lounges during the week (I know we get breakfast now, systemwide), I'd move all my stays to MR.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by AM6449
Just call customer service. That's the quickest way
I just checked, I am not signed up for taste of gold, it is road to gold, so I think it is different. Only 4 stays though.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:04 am

4 stays? That would have made it much easier for me.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:24 pm

4 stays? That would have made it much easier for me.
Yes, it showed up in my promotions, 4 stays, 3 months, so I have until the end of July. Looks like I don't get converted to gold right away though.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Yes, it showed up in my promotions, 4 stays, 3 months, so I have until the end of July. Looks like I don't get converted to gold right away though.
Oh, I still would have preferred that option. Oh wells. Thanks for the info
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, A-Club Plat
i had try to reach marriott customer service, was told i need at least 50 nights for past + current year to be able to entitle for the Taste Of Platinum challenge, not sure if anyone was told the same in the forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.