Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by cur
the night club is gone
Levels nightclub is still there as far as I know
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:41 pm

If it is still there then it’s far less busy/noisy than it used to be. There used to be an unsavoury crowd hanging around it, making a racket..and some of the noise occurred inside ( banging doors, corridor shouting, etc). I’ve heard heard a peep for about 2 years, or longer.
The hotel seems to have a focus on guests from South and North East Asia and India these days; the clientele is a bit older.
BTW, this week it’s around 2,050 Baht ( USD 65). Most Bsngkok rates are down, and look very cheap ( more so given that the Baht is down 5% across the board over the past 2 weeks)

Originally Posted by escape4
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:26 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by escape4
Yep. Still there.

https://www.facebook.com/levelsclub/
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:22 pm

Suite upgrade on a 1 night stay ( not sure if that’s courtesy of my should-have-expired-already faux-Ambassador status or as a frequent guest), pleased to get it. Room 3211, top floor with angled floor to ceiling window in the bedroom. This would be a great room for a romantic interlude, and would be amazing during the rainy season. And not too shabby during my solo stay in bone-dry weather.
Seems to be very low occupancy: 8 guests at breakfast in a room that seats well over 100. Still they seem to keep the full range of buffet dishes.
Senior rate, around 2000 Baht.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by paolo64
Suite upgrade on a 1 night stay ( not sure if that’s courtesy of my should-have-expired-already faux-Ambassador status or as a frequent guest), pleased to get it. Room 3211, top floor with angled floor to ceiling window in the bedroom. This would be a great room for a romantic interlude, and would be amazing during the rainy season. And not too shabby during my solo stay in bone-dry weather.
Seems to be very low occupancy: 8 guests at breakfast in a room that seats well over 100. Still they seem to keep the full range of buffet dishes.
Senior rate, around 2000 Baht.
I got the same room once which is very unique and I did wish some rain during my stay:-)
paolo64 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 managed by Marriott International launches Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...uarantine-asq-

Package rates starting from THB 49,500 net only, guests can enjoy a 15 nights stay (16 days) in their preferred room type ranging from the 32-sqm Chic room at THB 49,500 net, Urban room (32 sqm) featuring panoramic city views at THB 54,500 net, Stylish suite (60 sqm) with separate living area at THB 89,900 net, Savvy suite (142 sqm) with outdoor terrace and private Jacuzzi at THB 135,000 net and 2-bedroom Ultra savvy suite (112 sqm) with balcony at THB 165,000 net.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 managed by Marriott International launches Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...uarantine-asq-

I guess the 1250 THB per night they've been asking recently wasn't doing enough for them.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
funny was going do couple of nights there for status.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:31 am

Why is “poolside captivating relaxation area” part of the offering? Doesn’t quarantine require one to not leave the room?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by myperks
Why is “poolside captivating relaxation area” part of the offering? Doesn’t quarantine require one to not leave the room?
Perhaps timed sessions with a cool down period with disinfectants being applied?
myperks likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks
This is what have been reported on ASQ reviews on social media: after the first negative COVID test (usually conducted after 5-7 days), they allow you one hour per day by the pool or other designated area (dependant on the property) by appointment only whereby you don't encounter any other guests. Sorta like being in solitary confinement in a prison - one hour break outside when no one is around!

As for the "captivating relaxation" language, it's just a marketing plug!
myperks likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:03 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I guess the 1250 THB per night they've been asking recently wasn't doing enough for them.

IMO, you could do much better than the Aloft for 1250++ these days. Sad but true.
skywalkerLAX and dsquared37 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2lovelife
IMO, you could do much better than the Aloft for 1250++ these days. Sad but true.
Without a doubt.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Currently (and until 11/11/20), you can book a deluxe room at MMQP with a choice of Lunch or Dinner for THB 1,111++ per night! M Suites with lounge access going for THB 2,222++ per night!

Marriott Sukhumvit 57 is offering THB 1,630++ per night if you prepay (they give you 24-hours after booking to cancel).

JWM is offering a Member Rate Promotion of THB 1,941++ including breakfast daily at JW Cafe

SGS is going for THB 2,860 all in ...

etc. etc. etc.

For those who are there, time to get cheap status and lifetime credits!
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Currently (and until 11/11/20), you can book a deluxe room at MMQP with a choice of Lunch or Dinner for THB 1,111++ per night! M Suites with lounge access going for THB 2,222++ per night!
That's a new rate. Checking the details it began to be offered Oct 30.

For someone without status the Aloft rate might have looked appealing, for most of us in here it's nothing more than something to glance at and pass by. And yes, there are plenty of good deals for those lucky enough to be stuck in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.