Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Most of the Marriott properties are showing it, under the basic room rate package options there should be one listed for Test & Go. You do need to follow up with the hotel on your own afterwards to provide them the documentation they need so that they can issue you a SHA+ certificate for Thailand Pass.
Thank you....I see it now under the deals and packages. I did notice that the Renaissance has a fast track test. I'm wondering if you have to stay overnight after the test. I'd rather just go back to the airport and and get on to where I'm going. I'm not interested in a refund. This would only work if I got on a flight that arrives early in the morning. If I have an evening flight then I wouldn't bother with a fast track test. I wanted to email the hotel but I only saw phone numbers for contacting them.

I'm also wondering if I don't pay for breakfast will I get it as an elite member....

When I purchase my ticket I'll have a clearer picture on what choices I have to make.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rondelltg
Thank you....I see it now under the deals and packages. I did notice that the Renaissance has a fast track test. I'm wondering if you have to stay overnight after the test. I'd rather just go back to the airport and and get on to where I'm going. I'm not interested in a refund. This would only work if I got on a flight that arrives early in the morning. If I have an evening flight then I wouldn't bother with a fast track test. I wanted to email the hotel but I only saw phone numbers for contacting them.

I'm also wondering if I don't pay for breakfast will I get it as an elite member....

When I purchase my ticket I'll have a clearer picture on what choices I have to make.
I think most of the Marriott properties are offering the express test results as well - the W and JWM have it as 1700THB extra. From my understanding, you only need to stay until your results come back, then you are free to go. I think you might have more success pulling up their LINE or Instagram, as with many Thai properties. I use LINE to get their email most of the time.

As for breakfast, I can't speak for aLoft, but when I had early flights and checked out before the breakfast was available, the W was more than happy to pack me up a breakfast to go and have it delivered to my room before checking out or would have it waiting at the front desk for me. Most of my flights leaving Bangkok have been early and this is something they started asking me proactively, so it doesn't hurt to ask about it at whatever property you stay at. Not sure how this all works with the pandemic and Test & Go - I won't find out until the end of December.
Rondelltg likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Rondelltg

Correct. Once you have the negative test result, you are free to check out and go on your way. No need to stay overnight.

From my understanding, the hotel are selling these as packages, so no lowering of the price due to status-provided breakfast, etc. Does seem to be some opportunity for upsell for rapid test results as some hotels. Would think private airport transport would be another.

Note that they do need to use a "special" vehicle, with plexiglass separating driver from passenger(s). Heard some rumor that the quick up-tick on November 1 was causing these to be in high demand. Hopefully they outfitted some more and have it better available now.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Quick Recap in Early December

Check in was smooth, only a 2 minute wait with a few people ahead of me. I was proactively upgraded from a regular king to one on the 31st floor (out of 32). Room is..well that. Always a pain to find space in Alofts to put your suitcase. The hardware has definitely seen better days but I assume as a cheap option in a sea of bars it is to be expected. Plat and Titanium are given breakfast or 500 points along with a drink from the Recharge on the ground floor or pool bar (open till 9pm).

As for the area, everything is open. Bars are busy, restaurants are serving away so it's a lot different than some other areas. If I could get a deal on a suite I would think about staying a few days maybe on the weekend but it's hard when the rooms are so small and no upgrades to suites are given in line with brand regulations.

Turns out that in room dining is NOT 24 hours as it says in the room menu so keep that in mind. The Rooms Operator came by and offered me a comped lunch (politely declined) the following day and that she will update the in room menu hours accordingly which for me is the most important thing.

Last edited by reggiekush; Dec 7, 2021 at 2:50 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Stay in Feb 2022 update

Just finished a 2-night stay here.

Hotel is zoned into 2 blocks. Normal guests until 20th floor and AQ (quarantine) 21st and above until the top. As any suite would be in the AQ zone, no upgrade was given. Pre-pandemic got a suite sometimes.
As Ambassador got welcome amenity inside the room (few raisins, 2 dates and 1 brownie on a plate) and drink voucher (pool or lobby bar).

Room itself was not bad, I liked the working desk next to the window. However main challenge was that the room was humid and the AC did not remove the humidity. The floor was constantly pretty wet and the furniture was covered with moist. They offered de-humifier. When plugged in it showed that in-room humidity levels were at 95%, after the device working overnight, got down to 74%, which was okay. The hallways seemed quite humid as well, I suspect that they have scaled down ventilation to save costs.

Breakfast is a buffet with decent selections, some of the hot options are changing, one of which is fish - yesterday had whitefish, today warm saba. There was also warm dish with shrimps and other seafood. Some Indian options as well as quite some guests seemed to be Indians. There were also cheeses, decent salad options and even cold cuts of duck.
kalo93406, GalaxyChris and escape4 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Aloft Bangkok = Budget Choice if Suite Not Needed

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11

1 Review | 100% Recommended

35 Sukhumvit Soi 11 Klongtoey-nua, Wattana Bangkok, TH 10110

Aloft Bangkok = Budget Choice if Suite Not Needed (17 Photos)

I stayed for the first time at Aloft Bangkok, one of the last few remaining Marriott properties I had not tried in Bangkok before.  My overall takeaway was that the standard room was quite nice as they got rid of the carpet, but for people who value suite upgrades it’s not a good fit because they only have 1 junior suite to upgrade to.

Room

The hotel has 6 suites but 5 of them are premium suites and therefore not what Ambassador Elites (or Titanium) could expect as an upgrade.  For the lone junior suite, stars have to align to score a suite upgrade at this hotel, and anyway Aloft is not a brand that participates in the Bonvoy suite upgrades so in theory the hotel is not even required to upgrade at all as per the terms & conditions.  

I arrived at 3pm and I was told that the junior suite was occupied by another guest who was leaving at 5pm and that I could get the suite at 7pm if I wanted, to allow 2 hours for housekeeping to clean the room.  In addition I was offered a standard room to use between 3-7pm which was a nice gesture and I took the offer.  

The standard room exceeded my expectations to be honest, I had previously read about issues of humidity and a mold smell but there was none of that in my room.  The rooms used to have carpet and removing it probably helped matters.  

IMG_3883.jpegIMG_3884.jpegIMG_3885.jpegIMG_3886.jpeg

The junior suite looked a bit more aging simply because of the flooring and I did not like that aspect much.  However for an Aloft brand hotel the bathroom was quite spacious and the room overall as well (60 sqm), almost double the entry level room 32 sqm.  The suite also had a jacuzzi bathtub in addition to the stand-alone shower whereas the normal room only had the shower.  

IMG_3887.jpeg1_IMG_3888.jpeg1_IMG_3889.jpeg1_IMG_3890.jpeg1_IMG_3891.jpeg1_IMG_3892.jpeg1_IMG_3893.jpeg

I am allergic to mold so I was a bit reluctant to stay at Aloft considering what I read before.  Thankfully there was no humidity and no mold smell, but unfortunately during the night I sneezed and my nose was congested.  After I shut off the air conditioning above the bed I got better and I could sleep.  Allergies can be hard to pin down so it might not be related to anything about Aloft but it could also be that the mold issue has not been resolved 100% yet and that some might have been coming through via the ventilation system.

Dining

The restaurant for breakfast was an attractive venue with high ceilings and a table set-up not cramped at all.  Not bad for the most inexpensive Bonvoy hotel in Bangkok when at the other end of the spectrum St.Regis squeezes guests together in a relatively unpleasant environment.  The food was ok considering the price of Aloft; it’s clearly below the various Marriotts (Sukhumvit 57, Surawongse, and Marquis) but in my opinion it was adequate for Aloft.  

1_IMG_3895.jpeg1_IMG_3896.jpeg1_IMG_3897.jpeg1_IMG_3898.jpeg1_IMG_3899.jpeg1_IMG_3900.jpeg

Service

I did not stay at the hotel very long (only 1 night stay) but my interactions with staff were good and nothing stood out negatively about service.  I would note that I had a quite low rate booked a few months prior when covid restrictions had not been lifted yet.  I wanted to shift my stay by one week without having to rebook at higher rates and via the Ambassador service the hotel agreed to move my date without changing my rate which was a good gesture.  

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 50-60 Mbps.

Overall

Overall I thought Aloft was decent considering the price even if I had not received a suite upgrade.  For people who don’t intend to spend a lot of time at the hotel and need a place to crash, Marriott’s budget option in Bangkok can be considered.

Aloft Bangkok = Budget Choice if Suite Not Needed

Would you like to write a review on the Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11?

No, thank you.
Yes
UASPG and PCLond like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Was a really useful hotel during covid for quarantine with the room with its own terrace, especially during the period of not being allowed to leave your room at all. Pre covid you could bag this place for under 1500 thb which was great. Nana not the best of locations though..
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
This property is ran by a Thai GM, a rarity for a Marriott hotel in Bangkok or in Thailand.

It has almost been 5 years since Khun Poon (Duangpai Rungreangaree) left the Westin (as a HM) to head the Aloft Bangkok.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
This property has always been a great value - nice and clean - very good breakfast buffet, near all the action and Nana BTS station.. Can't beat if for the price.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: hahaha
escape4 Was this lone suite for upgrade that you received, was it #2811 by any chance? I'm in it right now, it's surprisingly nice and it was an unexpected upgrade since I'm only staying here for 20 hours and checked in at 3:30 AM...

Anyway I just spent nine minutes measuring the suite with conventional garbage out of obsession and it's just shy of 500 square feet (within the walls) for anyone curious

Edit: also a lowly plat booked on points, I really do wonder why I got the upgrade for two nights

Last edited by asovse1; Sep 6, 2022 at 7:02 am
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by asovse1
escape4 Was this lone suite for upgrade that you received, was it #2811 by any chance? I'm in it right now, it's surprisingly nice and it was an unexpected upgrade since I'm only staying here for 20 hours and checked in at 3:30 AM...

Anyway I just spent nine minutes measuring the suite with conventional garbage out of obsession and it's just shy of 500 square feet (within the walls) for anyone curious

Edit: also a lowly plat booked on points, I really do wonder why I got the upgrade for two nights
Correct it was 2811. If anybody else ever received a "junior suite" and it's not 2811 then it would contradict the hotel telling me there is only one.

The check-in at 3:30am might be part of why you were upgraded, I think early check-in or even normal check-in time would make it difficult.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
I'm scheduled to be at this Aloft in two weeks. I've got Titanium status. What are the chances for an upgrade? Any tips?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:41 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by smes
I'm scheduled to be at this Aloft in two weeks. I've got Titanium status. What are the chances for an upgrade? Any tips?
i used to stay there sometimes years ago. Scored an upgrade every couple of stays. Especially on short stays/late arrivals
Old Mar 11, 2023, 6:50 pm

Late January 2023 stay

We stayed here in late January for one night. We arrived in the evening then went out to explore the city and its nightlife. Great location and the rooms were super clean / nice. Pricepoint was great and the complimentary drinks at the bar / breakfast were much appreciated.

Locations is amazing if you are looking to explore the city and have a fun night if dining and drinking. Will likely be back!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 4:48 pm

Does anyone have an email address for the manager at the Aloft Bangkok? Headed there with my wife as part of a round the world trip to celebrate our anniversary and would like to be able to contact the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.