Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I have to agree with you here. If we need to absolutely save money on room rates and cut everything else, we choose Accor's Mecure/Ibis or IHG Holiday Inn over Aloft/4 Points. It's funny because on the same street, there is a Mecure that is consistently 1500 THB per night.
I just checked Mercure, many nights until the end of the year, prepaid. Lowest is $74 up to $90s (no breakfast) until the end of the year. That works out to 2800 thb with taxes. Aloft using a 2 month prepaid is exactly the same 2823thb. Even though it's not in the terms sometimes Aloft will give Bonvoy Plat+ an upgrade and of course free breakfast (vs 500 points if staying multiple nights). Not sure what the Mercure rooms are like, but unless you get free breakfast, I'd probably go with Aloft. One thing with Aloft that I liked is they will prepare a box breakfast to pick up after breakfast hours if one sleeps late. I started doing it every day, because who doesn't like to sleep in while in Bangkok! The cinnamon danish was so good.. Along with a yogurt, fruit, coffee.. x2 each day.

If I'm in vacation mode with a roommate though I might pay a bit more and go to Four Points for the better breakfast and one hour happy hour. One piece of laundry each day wash & press. Anytime coffee in Eatery. Would like to try Courtyard one time too.

For reference I checked 5/5 - 5/6
Mercure - 2780
Aloft - 2800
Courtyard - 3235
4 Point - 3600
Westin - 4475
ROS - 4480
MMQP - 5550 Never seems to be anywhere close to 400 baht higher than Aloft for me.
LIH Prem likes this.

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 5, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:49 pm

Sunday-Thursday gets the best value. Weekends rates are higher because many tourists from Sing, KL, HK, India like this hotel. But these are not “party animals” ( shoppers more likely) suggested a few posts above, IMO. Those days are long since gone ( and it was unpleasant when that party atmosphere pervaded the whole place).
Now it’s tame and quite pleasant.
When rates are around 2400-2500, it’s pretty decent value for what you get ( HIX across the street used to go as low as 1500-1600, but that’s rare these days).
I’ve never tried to use a SNA but have got a suite upgrade twice ( from about 35 stays), so rare.
I’d be very reluctant to pay more than 3000 ( and look to the 4Points when that happens)
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kalo93406
I just checked Mercure, many nights until the end of the year, prepaid. Lowest is $74 up to $90s (no breakfast) until the end of the year. That works out to 2800 thb with taxes. Aloft using a 2 month prepaid is exactly the same 2823thb. Even though it's not in the terms sometimes Aloft will give Bonvoy Plat+ an upgrade and of course free breakfast (vs 500 points if staying multiple nights). Not sure what the Mercure rooms are like, but unless you get free breakfast, I'd probably go with Aloft. One thing with Aloft that I liked is they will prepare a box breakfast to pick up after breakfast hours if one sleeps late. I started doing it every day, because who doesn't like to sleep in while in Bangkok! The cinnamon danish was so good.. Along with a yogurt, fruit, coffee.. x2 each day.

If I'm in vacation mode with a roommate though I might pay a bit more and go to Four Points for the better breakfast and one hour happy hour. One piece of laundry each day wash & press. Anytime coffee in Eatery. Would like to try Courtyard one time too.

For reference I checked 5/5 - 5/6
Mercure - 2780
Aloft - 2800
Courtyard - 3235
ROS - 4480
MMQP - 5550 Never seems to be anywhere close to 400 baht higher than Aloft for me.
I never book through the Accor page, here's a tip..
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/asia/...d301450a240610

The Mecure at Nana always appears year round, but this time it's missing. Maybe occupancy went up.
But if you look into all the others, the room rates are very competitive if you don't mind staying at Ibis..
Accor only gives Bfast to Plats in Asia for Mercure/Novotels/Pullman
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I've stayed there a couple of times back when you could earn Uber points via SPG membership - and only to re-activate that link once a year. I'd say "OK" as a hotel but I tend to have only a small carry bag for overnight trips and I walked from the main road so I wasn't enamoured of the pavements - but this is Bangkok and frankly the pavements are mostly second-rate everywhere
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I had a 3 day stay in January. The room is fine, I have never had a smelly one, I find the breakfast meets my requirements for quality and variety. My biggest disappointment is that in the 18 months since my last stay Soi 11 has become a lot less interesting. There were many laments about where has this or that gone. It is currently being redeveloped in boring central!

As an aside when heading towards Nana on the right hand side and a short walk up there is an alley with a laundry that does clothes for 70 baht per kilo. Quite cheap for the area.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
Anybody tried to use an SNA here?
There's a fairly nice and fairly large suite here, but I think that there's only one.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
There's a fairly nice and fairly large suite here, but I think that there's only one.
I think there’s 2: but one is ( or at least was 18 months ago) smoking. They are 2 rooms knocked into a suite. Not too bad.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
there 1 suite top floor with outside jacuzzi and terrace and (at least) a junior suite (2 room in size) with extended bathroom (w/ bathtub) living room (w/ dinning table + sofa ...)

Got upgraded to the junior suite, nice gesture.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
there 1 suite top floor with outside jacuzzi and terrace and (at least) a junior suite (2 room in size) with extended bathroom (w/ bathtub) living room (w/ dinning table + sofa ...)

Got upgraded to the junior suite, nice gesture.
Wow. Outdoor suite with jacuzzi? That's definitely NOT the one I had. Maybe next time....
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:44 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I was regularly getting the top floor suite with the angled windows, which was really cool on rainy nights. But, I was staying here weekly for some time before seeing that room for the first time.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:25 am

Recent stay: now offering Ambassador members breakfast AND welcome points ( previously either/or), plus 1 hour free flow drinks in the bar ( didn’t use the latter).
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:09 am

Got a suite upgrade ( 3011 IIRC, but it’s the one sans terrace) for a one night stay. That probably makes 4-5/60, so I don’t expect it. Not sure if it’s determined by Ambassador status or being a relatively frequent guest.
Breakfast seems a permanent inclusion for Ambassadors now.
Habitually I like to read the newspaper at breakfast, paying scant attention to what’s happening around me; on this occasion they were out of papers but I was intrigued to observe a guest near me stealing food and drink: filled up empty plastic bottles with juice and milk, bagged a few croissants, scooped yoghurt topped with sliced fruit into Tupperware . This follows another recent stay noting a woman bagging a whole bowl of Rambutans, half loaf of Rye and much sliced cheese. Probably much more that I missed.
It’s little wonder hotels struggle to provide a great breakfast spread when these characters are making 2 or more meals out of it...even though the entertainment value for me was far greater than the Bangkok Post.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Sukhumvit 11 is a great place to despair about the state of humanity.
Singapore_Air and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by paolo64
I was intrigued to observe a guest near me stealing food and drink: filled up empty plastic bottles with juice and milk, bagged a few croissants, scooped yoghurt topped with sliced fruit into Tupperware . This follows another recent stay noting a woman bagging a whole bowl of Rambutans, half loaf of Rye and much sliced cheese. Probably much more that I missed.
It’s little wonder hotels struggle to provide a great breakfast spread when these characters are making 2 or more meals out of it..
Sounds like paying a "security guard" for 4 hours a day would be a good investment for this property
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:20 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
any updates? have stayed here from the first month it opened until late 2018. used to be a great deal now it can be comparable to four points. the night club is gone, is the breakfast still good? coffee shop still there? what is the offer for plats? points or breakfast? i remember they used to have a cocktail hour for plats, but that was circa 2011

amazing that plats+ are getting upgrades at an aloft PERIOT

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Sukhumvit 11 is a great place to despair about the state of humanity.
khao. san. road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.