Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Hotels in Dubai

We are getting in to DXB around 9p.m.

Rather than "waste" a day at Al Maha, we are planning to stay one night closer to Dubai.

Any suggestions on a place to stay before we make the move to Al Maha the next day?

Ideally it would be near something "to do" the night we arrive and morning next day.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by rocky

Rather than "waste" a day at Al Maha, we are planning to stay one night closer to Dubai.

Any suggestions on a place to stay before we make the move to Al Maha the next day?

Ideally it would be near something "to do" the night we arrive and morning next day.
Hi,

This thread may give a few ideas

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

It will probably be after 10m by the time you get to your hotel

Although I am a Hilton person ( Conrad Dubai is good) the following may be options

Sheraton Grand on SZR road ( close to Zabeel park and the Dubai frame and also close to the World Trade Centre metro station ( 1 stop to museum of the future).There is a Courtyard behind the Conrad also
The Edition ( close to Dubai Mall /Burj Khalifa and the Dubai mall lake/fountain

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador

We came in at 7:30pm (last week) and decided to stay at the Le Meridien Dubai and Hotel & Conference Centre, and as an Ambassador was treated very well. I can't imagine there is much to do around there. We decided to chill and get over our jet lag, which worked very well. Many restaurant locations.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chewie
I definitely need to peruse this thread a bit more, but just a quick question. This property has been on my wife's bucket list for over a decade. We are scheduled to be in Maldives in June for our trip and have a layover in Abu Dhabi (AUH). I was hoping to extend that "layover" for a few days and stay at Al Maha for 2-3 days if possible (already booked rooms, assuming I can get flight changes to work).

I know the weather will be warmer in June, however, we really just want to enjoy the gastronomy, relaxation and swimming for a few days as well as the hotel activities.

My question is really, what would be the advised transportation to get from AUH to Al Maha and back? I know blacklane seems to be out. Any limo/transfer service recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Shouldn't be too bad at just under 2 hours each way.

We plan on staying at a Marriott near AUH the night we arrive from MLE and headed out to Al Maha the following morning and will likely stay one last night at the same hotel again before flying to ORD.

Thanks for the help/guidance!
The hotel quoted the following options:

Transfer option 1:
Private luxury transfer at the rate of AED 700 per way between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – MERCEDES VIANO / MERCEDES BENZ / BMW 7 / TESLA)

Transfer option 2:
Private luxury transfer at the rate of AED 425 per way in a 4WD vehicle between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – GMC / SUBURBAN)

Transfer option 3:
Private luxury transfer of AED 380 per way between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – LEXUS 350 / TOYOTA PREVIA/ INFINITY Q70)

Transfer option 4:
Private transfer at the rate of AED 340 per way from Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – LEXUS 350 or HONDA ODYSSEY)

We eneded up using option #2; which was more expensive than had we shopped it, but working directly with the hotel was easy.
smuncky likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold

I'll second Sheraton on SZR - It's a nice balance of value and location. In a similar situation, we spent a night at Element Al Jaddaf which offered great service, but it's not really close to anything of consequence. Courtyard Culture Village is a excellent value too but also not a great location. St. Regis The Palm is great, but it would be a waste with your arrival time.
Zol likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:32 am

By time you get to whatever hotel, what are you going to do - it'll be late. I'd vote for the Premier Inn at the airport. It costs buttons and takes about four minutes to get there. Nasi-goreng in the bar / restaurant, some prawn crackers and a pint or two, then off to bed. Early car to Al Maha, sit by the spa pool if room not ready. (The GMC isn't worth the extra BTW - big vehicle, but crap.)

Or Park Hyatt - also near. I'm not sure I'd could justify the extra, just have breakfast and get to Al Maha.
CaroFos likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Dn10
Did anyone else have a lot of small / strange bugs in the room? Only downside of the resort for me was that there was always something that seemed to come in whenever the door was open.
Only bug issues we encountered was flies entering the room if you leave the screen doors open, and ants if you happened to drop any food from room service. It was quite entertaining to see the village of ants come a carry the food away back their farms outside. And remember it's a desert resort, not the Four Seasons.

We will return again in February.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
The hotel quoted the following options:

Transfer option 1:
Private luxury transfer at the rate of AED 700 per way between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – MERCEDES VIANO / MERCEDES BENZ / BMW 7 / TESLA)

Transfer option 2:
Private luxury transfer at the rate of AED 425 per way in a 4WD vehicle between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – GMC / SUBURBAN)

Transfer option 3:
Private luxury transfer of AED 380 per way between any point in Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – LEXUS 350 / TOYOTA PREVIA/ INFINITY Q70)

Transfer option 4:
Private transfer at the rate of AED 340 per way from Dubai to Al Maha or vice versa. (Vehicle – LEXUS 350 or HONDA ODYSSEY)

We eneded up using option #2; which was more expensive than had we shopped it, but working directly with the hotel was easy.
Much appreciated! I imagine we will be paying a lot more from Abu Dhabi to Al Maha.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Does the hotel reach out to guests prior to arrival?
Was going to make some requests, but didn't know whether I could wait to respond to an email from them, or if I'll have to initiate the discussion.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I believe you will have to initiate .... I certainly don't remember them getting in touch with me!
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by CaroFos
I believe you will have to initiate .... I certainly don't remember them getting in touch with me!
On both of my stays they did reach out to me ahead of time. Wonder if it was cause of status maybe? I was a platinum the first time, but dropped to gold by the second stay.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Was going to make some requests, but didn't know whether I could wait to respond to an email from them, or if I'll have to initiate the discussion.
The hotel did not reach out until the day before our arrival for our stay in March. We had an amazing stay, but you will probably want to be proactive if you have any special requests. I'm Titanium FWIW.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
On both of my stays they did reach out to me ahead of time. Wonder if it was cause of status maybe? I was a platinum the first time, but dropped to gold by the second stay.
Possibly.. i didn;t have any status with Marriot at that point..
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Out of interest, would any special requests in advance largely consist of what type (location) of Villa you would prefer?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Out of interest, would any special requests in advance largely consist of what type (location) of Villa you would prefer?
No, I'll deal with whatever I get in that regard.
Mainly to arrange transport to/from the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.