Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:23 pm

Standard official answer in UAE, but you must know that this property belong to Royal family at beginning was under Emirtes brand later SPG and now ... you can expecting different law there
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by From NYC
Thanks to you both. I did receive today a reply from the hotel:
"Greetings from Al Maha A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your email and Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience due to the delayed response.

Please be informed that we have high speed connection in our hotel, each guest room is assigned with 40 Mbps shared bandwidth which is enough for browsing and streaming. Since there are some restriction by TRA in UAE, we cannot guarantee some of the website and services like VOIP.

Should you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

KEROLOS MOUNIR

GUEST RELATIONS COORDINATOR"

So, now I just have to decide whether I want to wake up at 3 or 4AM in order to hold my tutoring sessions. I'm sure the sunrises are spectacular, but....
To be honest, I would cancel everything if it is possible for you. this place is so relaxing - if you are in for just a few days - take it to the full. please note you also have breakfasts, lunches and dinners to attend to together with all the activities and private pool swimming . By the end of the day I felt (healthy) tired and sleepy.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:41 am

How did you guys get to the hotel from downtown Dubai?
​​​​​​
Any recommendations for a well-rated transfer company? I'm having trouble finding one as most seem to be offering airport transfers mostly.

What is a reasonable price? Is Uber reliable in the UAE? There it would be 233 AED / 57€ one-way.

Did not ask Al Maha directly as I assume there it would cost half a fortune.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Yeah those were 1 way quotes. Abu Dhabi is far. Its about 2 hours in good traffic.
Did you wind up using the sixt limo? Wife and I are landing in AUH from MLE and want to spend 3 days at Al Maha. I’m looking into round trip from AUH now.

I’m sure the cost is ridiculous, but so will be what we spent in the Maldives the week before.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Any idea when they release inventory for points redemption? We want to book for Jan 2023 before the pricing changes.
usually 330 days out. So give it a week or two.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
​​​​​​
Any recommendations for a well-rated transfer company? I'm having trouble finding one as most seem to be offering airport transfers mostly.

What is a reasonable price? Is Uber reliable in the UAE? There it would be 233 AED / 57€ one-way.

I use WhiteLineLimousine for most trips within UAE - reliable, good cars and fair prices.

i am actually going to Al Maha next week so will be able to confirm the exact rate. But they charge me 350 DHS for Dubai-Abu Dhabi (Lexus ES, 2020 model) and Al Maha is less in distance than AUH.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by Chewie
Did you wind up using the sixt limo? Wife and I are landing in AUH from MLE and want to spend 3 days at Al Maha. I’m looking into round trip from AUH now.

I’m sure the cost is ridiculous, but so will be what we spent in the Maldives the week before.
I did use Sixt limo. Driver spoke no English so didn't listen to me conveying directions to him. Google Maps directions to Al Maha are wrong and they email you instructions. So driver took a wrong turn, which cost me about 25 minutes or so, but he eventually found the way on his own.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
​​​​​​

I paid about $81 for SIXT limousine from Al Maha to Dubai Marina 2 weeks ago. In 2019, I had Al Maha book me a car from the resort to Dubai Marina and it cost 340 AED or about US$93.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:20 pm

We rented a car. Easy drive from DXB to the resort. Over our three day stay the rental cost worked out to about $200 which was roughly equal to two transfers. While it stayed parked while at the resort, we enjoyed having the car and “detouring” to sites on our departure day that a hired transfer surely would have cost more; and been more difficult.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:28 am

We rented a car as well. Whatever Maps app we used tried to route us through a closed off part of the desert, but there are highway signs that should direct you to the right area.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
We rented a car as well. Whatever Maps app we used tried to route us through a closed off part of the desert, but there are highway signs that should direct you to the right area.
the Waze app was accurate and worked great for us
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KRUXED
the Waze app was accurate and worked great for us
Did you need anything special to rent a car? Other than having a US drivers license and insurance...
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by haner
Did you need anything special to rent a car? Other than having a US drivers license and insurance...
you do not need an international driving permit when renting a car in Dubai if you have a valid US license. No different than renting a car state side
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:04 am

Tourists are encouraged to have an International Driving License/Permit (IDP), but individuals from the following countries can drive in the United Arab Emirates with their local licence, so long as it is in English or Arabic. GCC Countries: Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar. European Countries: Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Slovakia, Finland, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Sweden, Belgium, Ireland, Turkey, Denmark, Portugal, Austria, France, United Kingdom, Norway, Romania, Luxemburg, Latvia, Serbia, Lithuania, Bulgaria. North American Countries: United States of America, Quebec State in Canada. East Asian Countries: Japan, Australia, Singapore, People’s Republic of China, South Korea, New Zealand, Hong Kong. African Country: South Africa.
haner likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:12 am

For anyone that's been in the last few weeks, how were the flies?

I went in February 2020 and the flies were absolutely brutal to the point that you could not sit outside let alone eat outside.

Debating booking for a similar time of year, but would hate to run into the same issue.

I've also visited in November, and had no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.