Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Good news - despite the communication shared earlier, availability has now opened up for January 2023.
Nice- even the availability around end-2022 has widely opened up. I could add a nice finale to my trip to the Maldives around Xmas.
joecool1885 and PinaColada like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Good news - despite the communication shared earlier, availability has now opened up for January 2023.
Although the points needed seem to have been inflated from the previous times I've booked it during this period (which normally is shoulder season). I used to pay around 70-75k per night, now it seems it's all at 100k per night. I'll wait a bit to see what's available end Jan (which my intended dates anyway).
Had wanted to finally go this year again, but my year is already filled with lots of delayed trips from the last 1.5 years.

Cheers!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:25 pm

Anyone have any info/thoughts on the New Year's Eve Gala for mandatory 1500 AED pp?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: N/A
Feb 2022 Stay - WiFi Report

No issues on Zoom - 11MBPS Download Speed - 0.1 MBPS upload speed. Good video and sound quality
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
Feb 2022 Stay - WiFi Report

No issues on Zoom - 11MBPS Download Speed - 0.1 MBPS upload speed. Good video and sound quality
Thanks very much for this!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:01 am

Free Guinness, anyone?

Having a wonderful time here.

I have brought four cans of Guinness in my check-in baggage but I don't why I am not much into them so unlikely to consume during my stay. So I would like to share them for free if there is anyone who needs some beer here.

Please send a PM if you would like to have, cheers!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Doesn't seem to state it when booking on points but it does include full board/all meals I'm assuming correct?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:45 pm

Just checked out and on my way to the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates which has upgraded my room to an Exec. Suite!

I will share my detail review later but I would like to say the stay at the Al Maha was perfect and flawless. It has become the best resort experience ever especially in terms of hospitality of the staffs. Super highly recommended!
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by jer3
Doesn't seem to state it when booking on points but it does include full board/all meals I'm assuming correct?
Correct and *BYOB

*I assume there is no issues with that and the property is happy to provide you ice etc?
jer3 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Werty7777
Yes, agreed. I was looking to combine 3 days here with 5 at the StR in Maldives. Has me rethinking my travel route.
They opened up 2 more weeks of availability sometime in the last few hours. Goes to late jan now for booking. That’s what I needed.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Just checked out and on my way to the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates which has upgraded my room to an Exec. Suite!

I will share my detail review later but I would like to say the stay at the Al Maha was perfect and flawless. It has become the best resort experience ever especially in terms of hospitality of the staffs. Super highly recommended!
See you're at St. Regis Maldives now after W.A. Curious to see if your opinion holds after W.A (I wasn't impressed with St Regis in comparison with 3 other Maldives resorts I've been to).

I've got a reservation at Al Maha for May, but havent booked the flights yet. After your review Im really considering keeping it and getting flights booked.

Only other place Id ever want to stay with Marriott is St. Regis Bora Bora, but I know I won't be able to get there before the deval.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
See you're at St. Regis Maldives now after W.A. Curious to see if your opinion holds after W.A (I wasn't impressed with St Regis in comparison with 3 other Maldives resorts I've been to).

I've got a reservation at Al Maha for May, but havent booked the flights yet. After your review Im really considering keeping it and getting flights booked.

Only other place Id ever want to stay with Marriott is St. Regis Bora Bora, but I know I won't be able to get there before the deval.
I'd definitely recommend Al Maha. Bora Bora's St Regis has had some mixed reviews here because it's getting quite old.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just spent our first 2 nights here and wifi was roughly 10mbps/10mbps. It was slow at times, 1-3mbps, but more than adequate. Some sites/services are blocked by the UAE gov but going on a VPN got around it, even using a UAE endpoint server. I use TorGuard as a VPN provider.

I had a royal suite via upgrade and it was great to have all that space. Service, staff, food, activities, and grounds are top notch. Getting a buggy ride to/from the room was so convenient after a great meal. Met a few other couples from NYC and it was great chatting with everyone. We're actually already planning to come back since we loved it so much but will probably do 3 nights as 2 just wasn't enough after cramming in the activities, especially since you need to wake up early for them.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885

What’s the temp. like there in May? I see there are 85k nights from May onwards throughout Summer, however likewise I’m guessing the desert is particularly warm through the day then?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by pazza2000
What’s the temp. like there in May? I see there are 85k nights from May onwards throughout Summer, however likewise I’m guessing the desert is particularly warm through the day then?
I was originally looking at 2nd week of May, it was 85k/nt, but unfortunately I can only take the 1st week off of work, and it was 100K. Still getting 5th night free, so I'll deal with the 60K loss.

Looks like it'll be hot, but with each room having its own pool and plenty of shade to go around, not too worried. Going to finish the trip off with 2 nights PH Dubai. (Considered 2 paid nights at the Ritz, but am aiming for another year of Globalist, so gonna stick with Hyatt for now)
rajanh3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.