Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by wb2020
Totally your call there. I will say that the king bed is a mighty fine bed. Not sure it's worth 60K points, but it's awfully comfortable.
Originally Posted by CaroFos
I second this ... in fact it's probably the nicest bed I've ever slept in ... and I think it might even be an Emperor.. - 8ft?!
Thanks to you both. Think Im gonna keep it on this basis.
wb2020 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Upcoming Reward Stay!

I just booked a 3-night stay in early August using points. I just wanted to re-confirm with the MB veterans on here that reward redemptions are treated as the same as stays paid with cash. That is, will my stay be all-inclusive of 3 meals and 2 activities per day? As a few folks have noted in a couple of posts, there is NO language mentioning meals or activities in the "rate details" portion of my receipt. I don't want to show up at the resort only to be slammed with an unexpected and expensive surprise!

Thanks for all your help!
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I just booked a 3-night stay in early August using points. I just wanted to re-confirm with the MB veterans on here that reward redemptions are treated as the same as stays paid with cash. That is, will my stay be all-inclusive of 3 meals and 2 activities per day? As a few folks have noted in a couple of posts, there is NO language mentioning meals or activities in the "rate details" portion of my receipt. I don't want to show up at the resort only to be slammed with an unexpected and expensive surprise!

Thanks for all your help!
i can only provide a data point. Our points stay over new year was all inclusive with meals and activities. I am not personally aware of any changes having been made since then
UVAhoo06 and luvFclass like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:28 pm

Considering emailing them for confirmation, in spite of data points... I mean they could hypothetically change it at any given time.

I don't see any mention of it being an all-inclusive resort on their main page, so I can't point to that as an expectation. The only place where it's obvious is when you go to book a standard rate.

I guess another clear sign would be whether or not they have menus with food pricing on them or not.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Considering emailing them for confirmation, in spite of data points... I mean they could hypothetically change it at any given time.

I don't see any mention of it being an all-inclusive resort on their main page, so I can't point to that as an expectation. The only place where it's obvious is when you go to book a standard rate.

I guess another clear sign would be whether or not they have menus with food pricing on them or not.
I wrote them them and asked. For some reason, I thought that Marriott Corporate got involved after the resort tried to eliminate meals/activities from award stays.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:50 pm

I wrote them them and asked. For some reason, I thought that Marriott Corporate got involved after the resort tried to eliminate meals/activities from award stays.
I'm pretty sure that's accurate, but happened awhile back. Let me know what the response is!
UVAhoo06 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:25 am

I'm pretty sure that's accurate, but happened awhile back. Let me know what the response is!
Just received an email from Al Maha:

"Please be informed that your booking is in a full board redemption stay. Inclusive of 3 meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), and two activities per night per stay per person excluding horse riding and dune drive. Coffee, tea and still water is complimentary at any point of the resort, except alcoholic beverages, other soft beverages like soft drinks, sodas, sparkling water. Tourism Dirham tax of AED 20/- per night per suite, laundry and Spa treatments will also be considered as extras."

With that good news, let's hope that COVID cases in Dubai continues to remain manageable AND that there are no testing/quarantine requirements for arriving passengers/visitors who are fully vaccinated!

The question that I now have is whether I need a GREEN PASS (i.e., Al Hosn) in order to stay at the resort...Can anyone shed light on this, especially since there are no testing requirements to enter Dubai now?
jaejaez and joecool1885 like this.

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Mar 24, 2022 at 9:26 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold

We were there less than two weeks ago on an award stay and can confirm that all meals are included unless they make a change moving forward. And by meals, I mean proper feasts. The food and service were both excellent, you are on your own for alcohol though.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:46 pm

We were there less than two weeks ago on an award stay and can confirm that all meals are included unless they make a change moving forward. And by meals, I mean proper feasts. The food and service were both excellent, you are on your own for alcohol though.
Though I'll be there during the height of the heat (i.e., August), I'm excited for the trip! Out of curiosity, did you need to utilize the Al Hosn (green pass) with the QR code in order to check into the hotel? (I believe Al Hosn is only required in Abu Dhabi, but I just wanted to make sure.)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Just received an email from Al Maha:

"Please be informed that your booking is in a full board redemption stay. Inclusive of 3 meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), and two activities per night per stay per person excluding horse riding and dune drive. Coffee, tea and still water is complimentary at any point of the resort, except alcoholic beverages, other soft beverages like soft drinks, sodas, sparkling water. Tourism Dirham tax of AED 20/- per night per suite, laundry and Spa treatments will also be considered as extras."

With that good news, let's hope that COVID cases in Dubai continues to remain manageable AND that there are no testing/quarantine requirements for arriving passengers/visitors who are fully vaccinated!

The question that I now have is whether I need a GREEN PASS (i.e., Al Hosn) in order to stay at the resort...Can anyone shed light on this, especially since there are no testing requirements to enter Dubai now?
I stayed in January and was not asked for Al Hosn.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Though I'll be there during the height of the heat (i.e., August), I'm excited for the trip! Out of curiosity, did you need to utilize the Al Hosn (green pass) with the QR code in order to check into the hotel? (I believe Al Hosn is only required in Abu Dhabi, but I just wanted to make sure.)
I don't believe Dubai requires the Al Hosn app to gain entry to places. It might be only for Abu Dhabi.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
No Al Hosn on check-in.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Has anyone else noticed a sharp increase in the cost for transfers? I saw in 2020/2021, it seemed like it cost around $70 USD one way. I've checked airportstaxitransfers, Blacklane and Sixt. All of them seem to be around the $115-$120 USD range. Have transfer costs really gone up that quickly? I'm assuming it might be due to Russian oil situation?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jer3
Has anyone else noticed a sharp increase in the cost for transfers? I saw in 2020/2021, it seemed like it cost around $70 USD one way. I've checked airportstaxitransfers, Blacklane and Sixt. All of them seem to be around the $115-$120 USD range. Have transfer costs really gone up that quickly? I'm assuming it might be due to Russian oil situation?
It cost me ~$120 one way from St. Regis The Palm a couple of weeks ago via Sixt, but it was only $48 via AirportsTaxiTransfers from Al Maha to DXB. Are you pricing from the airport or another district?
jer3 and pazza2000 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:33 am

It cost me ~$120 one way from St. Regis The Palm a couple of weeks ago via Sixt, but it was only $48 via AirportsTaxiTransfers from Al Maha to DXB. Are you pricing from the airport or another district?
Wouks you recommend AirportTaxiTransfers for drop off and pick up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.