Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:32 pm

I'm staying for 1 night in a few weeks...sadly due to flight availability I have a night less than I had planned in Dxb, and only had 1 spare night. Any recommendations for getting there from the Palm? Uber? Taxi?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:56 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by tylerc
I'm staying for 1 night in a few weeks...sadly due to flight availability I have a night less than I had planned in Dxb, and only had 1 spare night. Any recommendations for getting there from the Palm? Uber? Taxi?
For a stress-free experience order the hotel's own transfer service. This worked perfectly for us and we also only stayed one night. It was more expensive than taxi though.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SHLTP
thank you for review. We were thinking of doing 5 nights (with a kid) as we can use points and get 5 night free (though kid is extra $500 usd + a night) ..

Is that too long? Activities good? My little loves African safaris so is patient if activities fun. I caled and they said they have camel, falconry, can, archery and walks.

.we have been to Dubai so not looking to go into city - just a cool place to relax and learn a bit
Kindly reminds that kids under 10 are not permitted to stay with Al Maha..
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by lightwalker
For a stress-free experience order the hotel's own transfer service. This worked perfectly for us and we also only stayed one night. It was more expensive than taxi though.
I'll agree with that. We took a taxi from Fairmont the palm, and Google maps directed it to the service entrance on the other side of the property. The result was a 30 minute delay...though we saved about $30 I wouldn't do it again.

We will use the hotel service to return this evening.
lightwalker likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tylerc
I'll agree with that. We took a taxi from Fairmont the palm, and Google maps directed it to the service entrance on the other side of the property. The result was a 30 minute delay...though we saved about $30 I wouldn't do it again.

We will use the hotel service to return this evening.
Yikes. Hotel transport is about $100 more than a car service. Any advice as to how to avoid this mess? This looks like it could be right, putting you pretty close to the Tesla charger, which I assume is in the parking lot? The hotel website's directions are impenetrable.

Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:25 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Yikes. Hotel transport is about $100 more than a car service. Any advice as to how to avoid this mess? This looks like it could be right, putting you pretty close to the Tesla charger, which I assume is in the parking lot? The hotel website's directions are impenetrable.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Al...3!4d55.6608696
The resort gate is actually here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/24...6'27.0%22E

Anyone asking a chauffeur to go to Al Maha should use those coordinates.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:13 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
It is actually not that difficult to get to, even if you follow the service entrance you can still make it to the hotel albeit a little longer of a route.

Directions are very clear, rely on them and not google maps then you will be fine "Via Dubai - Al Ain Rd/E66 Get on Sheikh Rashid Rd/E11 from Casablanca St/D70 Follow Dubai - Al Ain Rd/E66 to Dubai. Exit from Dubai - Al Ain Rd/E66 On Dubai - Al Ain Rd/E66 take the under pass to the right 4.7kms after Exit 50"
h8stn4d likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:53 am

Smoking room?

I’ve made a reservation on points but SPG Rep said they only have smoking room available.... can anyone comment on this? I’m going with my father who does smoke but he’s happy to visit smoking areas and I don’t like the room smelling like smoke... Granted I booked for November 2019 and I’m hoping a non-smoking room will open up between now and then.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
The rooms are non-smoking: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...and-spa-dubai/

The phone reps often have misleading information about this property. Not sure why, maybe it's because it's fairly unusual, all-suite/villa, full board, etc.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:16 pm

Huh, okay. My email reservation says:Room Description
Bedouin Suite: 2 Single Beds•807 sq ft/75 sq m•Desert View•Private Deck•Outdoor Plunge Pool•Handcrafted Furnishings•Smoking

You’re probably right anyway but I might reach out to the property directly and ask.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165
Huh, okay. My email reservation says:Room Description
Bedouin Suite: 2 Single Beds•807 sq ft/75 sq m•Desert View•Private Deck•Outdoor Plunge Pool•Handcrafted Furnishings•Smoking

You’re probably right anyway but I might reach out to the property directly and ask.
I am pretty sure this is a computer error. I got quoted non-smoking and the reservation shows smoking. I believe all rooms are now non-smoking and this is a non-issue.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I am pretty sure this is a computer error. I got quoted non-smoking and the reservation shows smoking. I believe all rooms are now non-smoking and this is a non-issue.
I hope you're right. I did reach out to the hotel directly and received the reply:
Your below request for the Non Smoking suite is well noted and acknowledged.

Should you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,

Grace Pearl

RESERVATIONS AGENT

AL MAHA, A LUXURY COLLECTION DESERT RESORT AND SPA

DUBAI DESERT CONSERVATION RESERVE

PO BOX 118887

DUBAI, U.A.E

T 971 4 832 9900 — F 971 4 832 9211
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:47 pm

margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: SPG+Marriott Platinum
Looking forward to my stay here using my Ritz Carlton Visa free night. Booked the Bedouin Suite and was upgraded in my reservation to an Emirates Suite.

How much does an Uber cost from central Dubai to Al Maha? I'm debating whether to rent a car while in Dubai or not.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:59 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Uber will be expensive, you are better off in a rental if it is just the 24 hour period

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.