Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I have a bunch of questions I'd like to ask. I sent an email to Marriott a week ago or more asking for an email address for the hotel and haven't heard a peep from anyone.
Well that's disappointing. I went into my reservation with the intention of PMing you the details of the property Concierge, but despite the email featuring a welcome from the Luxury Collection Concierge, Marriott have removed all forms or references to email addresses or telephone numbers to contact them (there is a direct line to the hotel reception telephone number on the website). I sincerely hope they haven't decided to make Concierges more difficult to reach from now on.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

This email was valid in 2016: [email protected]
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Is this hotel reasonable to get to from AUH?

I can find good flights to AUH, but not to DXB - wondering if it would be doable for 5 nights, and if there is a good pre-arranged service I can use.. (It's a good 2 hour drive, so I don't think a random cab would work..?)

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by meraki1990
Is this hotel reasonable to get to from AUH?

I can find good flights to AUH, but not to DXB - wondering if it would be doable for 5 nights, and if there is a good pre-arranged service I can use.. (It's a good 2 hour drive, so I don't think a random cab would work..?)

Thanks.
Yes you can get from AUH and taxis or uber are feasbile options, if you plan to stay all 5 days in Al Maha then suggest just doing that however if you plan to venture into dubai then perhaps look into renting a car as will work out cheaper.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Travelsam
Afaik there is no rate at Al Maha which does not include full board and desert activities. Would not make sense for you anyways because you're in the middle of nowhere.
That being said, Al Maha is among the worldwide top 3 hotels for me.
During the off peak season, they offer a rate of ~USD700 which only includes bed and breakfast, no lunch/dinner and no activities.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think this just means that the property can't decide whether the points required are 60,000, 66,000 or 80,000. This kind of thing really should be addressed by now.

For my booking at 66,000 the confirmation definitely highlights the food, but it doesn't mention activities...
I just called the hotel, and there's indeed 2 options: fullboard, or breakfast only. However, with points, it's all inclusive with 2 activities.
I feel you should request a refund for the extra 6k/nt
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Do you guys suggest a 1 night stay here during the summer?

I will be in Dubai for 2 days but my departure flight is at 8:30 am so I don't think it's worthy to do 2 nights stay here.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
This may be completely wrong, but:

"Two activities per day were included with the full board price. Note that if you manage to find a bed-and-breakfast rate only, activities were 250 AED (~$68) per person...."

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/al-...-hotel-review/

Maybe the rate is for those who have more than 2 in a room, or want to do more than 2 activities a day? Who knows?

I have a bunch of questions I'd like to ask. I sent an email to Marriott a week ago or more asking for an email address for the hotel and haven't heard a peep from anyone.
try this email address, they will response quickly

[email protected]
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
I just called the hotel, and there's indeed 2 options: fullboard, or breakfast only. However, with points, it's all inclusive with 2 activities.
I feel you should request a refund for the extra 6k/nt
same here, i got an email reply from Al-Maha to confirm booked with points will all inclusive and 2 activities per person per stay.

I just wonder if the food quality will be the same as paid rate
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Yanhui Leung

I just wonder if the food quality will be the same as paid rate
Huh? Do you think they will spit in your food if you’re on a points reservation? Different kitchen? Give the mouldy bread to the points people?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Huh? Do you think they will spit in your food if you’re on a points reservation? Different kitchen? Give the mouldy bread to the points people?
hahaha ,just kidding
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Do you guys suggest a 1 night stay here during the summer?
I don't suggest a summer stay. It's brutally hot. The activities are outdoors. I can't imagine enjoying them in the summer heat.
coolfish1103 and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I don't suggest a summer stay. It's brutally hot. The activities are outdoors. I can't imagine enjoying them in the summer heat.
Thank you. I'll look at the hotels near the Palm tree then.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:04 pm

I will be in the UAE for 3 nights in April. I am considering this property as well as just staying in one of Dubai or Abu Dhabi... probably Abu Dhabi since we will be flying out of AUH.

If I do stay in Abu Dhabi I'm looking at the Park Hyatt or St Regis. I realize these would be wildly different experiences.. Anyone have any thoughts on which way to go?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by tygran37
I will be in the UAE for 3 nights in April. I am considering this property as well as just staying in one of Dubai or Abu Dhabi... probably Abu Dhabi since we will be flying out of AUH.

If I do stay in Abu Dhabi I'm looking at the Park Hyatt or St Regis. I realize these would be wildly different experiences.. Anyone have any thoughts on which way to go?
I've stayed at all three properties. It really depends on your personal interest.
  1. Want to visit the Abu Dhabi Louvre and play on the beach? Choose the Park Hyatt or St Regis.
  2. Want to feel like a bedouin, stay in a massive tent (villa), and participate in activities such as riding a camel and seeing how falcons hunt prey? Want an all inclusive property? Stay at Al Maha.
Al Maha is a stunning bargain right now at just 60K points/night. I haven't paid attention to what it will be when rates go up in January, nor have I paid attention to the level of the St Regis. That's another factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.