Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:14 pm

Ok, if staying on points 5 nights really makes sense over 3 or 4. But, would you run out of activities to do and just end up sitting doing nothing? I can relax for a few days...I survived 5 nights St. Regis Maldives....
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:15 pm

I apologize if this has been asked before, but what is the best way to transfer to and from Al Maha? We are coming from DXB and then leaving from Al Maha to go to the Park Hyatt Dubai. Would it be best to just use an Uber or taxi, or is it more reliable to book an independent car service or a car directly through the resort.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by trev555555
I apologize if this has been asked before, but what is the best way to transfer to and from Al Maha? We are coming from DXB and then leaving from Al Maha to go to the Park Hyatt Dubai. Would it be best to just use an Uber or taxi, or is it more reliable to book an independent car service or a car directly through the resort.
I was at Al Maha a few months ago. I took an Uber from downtown Dubai to Al Maha and then asked the hotel to book me a car back to Dubai. Al Maha is pretty secluded so there aren't Ubers nearby just waiting. The hotel told me to give them an hours notice before I would want to depart so they could have a car come out.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by trev555555
On the way back, I would ask Park Hyatt for a quote as well. In my experience, the limo service they use tends to be very reasonable, surprisingly so for one associated with a hotel, and you can put it on your Park Hyatt room charges.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
With award bookings, are there any extra "surprise" taxes and fees on checkout that I should expect? I mean, if we literally just did the included activities, and ate food and didn't drink alcohol, would we actually come out with a zero bill?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Preacher7
With award bookings, are there any extra "surprise" taxes and fees on checkout that I should expect? I mean, if we literally just did the included activities, and ate food and didn't drink alcohol, would we actually come out with a zero bill?
Zero bill. My bill was like $100 and it was all things I purchased at the gift shop (which is really nice).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
All right. Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Zero bill. My bill was like $100 and it was all things I purchased at the gift shop (which is really nice).
There is now VAT and municipality fee that get added to room charges for hotels.
Both of these are relatively new (with VAT being the newer one only being introduced late last year).
They are small charges - VAT being 5% and the municipality fee also being fairly marginal (I forgot the exact amount) - but it's there and may also be worth it to double check with the hotel to see how these are added to award bookings etc.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:54 am

VAT will not apply (since the price is zero), but I'm pretty sure that the Dhs. 20 (or was it 25?) tourism fee will apply as it's collected at check-in. (I've always paid it on award bookings across different chains).
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if this property will be bookable in August with the Marriott Travel Packages, and if so, what category one would I need to purchase to stay here?

Or do you recommend just waiting till August 1st?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: SPG
Award Redemption with Kid>10yr

First post - iv gone through the entire thread but couldn't find any information on my situation.
I made a point redemption, booked the bedouin suite for 1 night for 2 adults and a child. Booking was made by calling SPG. The very next day, I got an email from the resort stating that I would need to pay ~AED2000 for the 3rd guest as point redemption is only for applicable for 2 guests, this detail wasn't provided to me while I was on call with SPG making the booking nor I could find this info on their website.
AED 2000 for a child (just over 10) sounds a lot. Trying to see if someone has been in similar situation and what they did and if there are any workarounds that I could explore?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by maverick_
First post - iv gone through the entire thread but couldn't find any information on my situation.
I made a point redemption, booked the bedouin suite for 1 night for 2 adults and a child. Booking was made by calling SPG. The very next day, I got an email from the resort stating that I would need to pay ~AED2000 for the 3rd guest as point redemption is only for applicable for 2 guests, this detail wasn't provided to me while I was on call with SPG making the booking nor I could find this info on their website.
AED 2000 for a child (just over 10) sounds a lot. Trying to see if someone has been in similar situation and what they did and if there are any workarounds that I could explore?
Is it AED 2000 per day or per whole stay( if the latter- how many nights?)? Could you share how many points per day was your booking? I am planning to go with 12 year old, wonder if they consider her child or adult..
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by kar69
Is it AED 2000 per day or per whole stay( if the latter- how many nights?)? Could you share how many points per day was your booking? I am planning to go with 12 year old, wonder if they consider her child or adult..
it is AED1920/night...I've booked the resort for 1 night..paid 70K SPG points..mine is 11..
I know lot of ppl are looking to book AL MAHA in anticipation of upcoming changes...but this extra charge is going to be a real dampener especially for families..
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Children under 10 years of age are not allowed in the resort. Children older than 10 are considered adults and are charged the adult price.
that fee looks like what im seeing for paid bookings, in low season its just over 50% of room rate

anyone with tons of points could ask re paying for 2 rooms and being blocked into 2BR royal / emirates
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
that fee looks like what im seeing for paid bookings, in low season its just over 50% of room rate

anyone with tons of points could ask re paying for 2 rooms and being blocked into 2BR royal / emirates
We stayed there in March with our teenager kids. We booked two rooms with points and they offered a cash rate to upgrade to a Royal or Emirates 2 bedroom suite. We decided just to stay in 2 regular Bedouin Suites which worked out great. (They blocked two next to each other.). It’s a great property! Highly recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.