Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by cshel
For anyone who has been, or is planning to go, what's your thoughts on 2 nights vs 3. Think 3 is too much?
I have been there before for 5 nights and thought it fantastic. Hated leaving, wonderful property and staff.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by cshel
For anyone who has been, or is planning to go, what's your thoughts on 2 nights vs 3. Think 3 is too much?
finishing a 2 nights stay here and I love it.
Will definitely return sometimes in the future on more colder months.

If you have time and money/points for 3 or more, go for it .... (this time around it will be quite hot though)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:25 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by kaizen7
If you have time and money/points for 3 or more, go for it .... (this time around it will be quite hot though)
True, Dubai cools down from mid/end October onwards, after that would be the best time to visit. As right now is unbearable.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:14 pm

I was able to book 3 nights for 66k/night. I'm probably going to reduce it to 2 nights because my flight arrives late (8pm) and ill miss 1 activity. It's not worth 66k to just get a half a day at the resort.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
I would suggest if arriving late staying at the Grosvenor or LM Royal Beach for a night then travel to Al Maha the following day. A truly special place....
porkie likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:49 pm

I dun think this is 66k anymore. They fixed it
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:29 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by misenlai
I dun think this is 66k anymore. They fixed it
Any data points?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:03 pm

not true. just booked a room using 66k.

I think he was referring to STR Maldives which now is priced at 170k for OWV. However, don't forget their basic GV is still 60k just lack of availability. That being said, I don't feel Al Maha will increase the 66k price (unless they think the 6k so-called suite upgrade is too cheap)
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:52 am

Have you been able to book on points online or have you had to phone? All the dates I've searched have shown no availability
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:55 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlyingMoonwards
Have you been able to book on points online or have you had to phone? All the dates I've searched have shown no availability
phone only as you have the suite surcharge.

If they have a Bedouin suite available online for cash then you should be able to redeem this over the phone.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by GVA

phone only as you have the suite surcharge.
Thank you - will give them a call!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:57 am
GVA

Originally Posted by FlyingMoonwards
Thank you - will give them a call!
Call SPG directly as Marriott agents don’t have access or will redirect you to SPG. And be patient as some don’t know how to do it, in which case hang up and call again.
FlyingMoonwards likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GVA

Call SPG directly as Marriott agents don’t have access or will redirect you to SPG. And be patient as some don’t know how to do it, in which case hang up and call again.
Could you please give me spg number to call?

Thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:19 am
GVA

+18886254991 if platinum
+18886254988 for the regular line
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Thanks chaps, booked a weekend in October for 66,000 points a night. Everyone should note the 1 month cancellation - you don’t want to mess around with this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.