Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
If I were staying that long I would certainly contact them and ask them what they can offer you.

I've just searched from here:

https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi and selected government rate and it has several starting from $199 a night.

So you may be in luck.

As for advice - have a search not just on this forum but there is a Hawaii forum. We used it a lot when we went there. I woudl definately try and visit some of the other islands whilst you are there too.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:53 am

...I hadn't even known about the Hawaii forum. Thanks! I'll ask there as well, and yeah, that's the gov' rate I'm getting. I don't care so much about the $ because it's not my $, but I get to keep the points/perks/credits heh.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:22 pm

They closed the Hawaii thread for crossposting and said it was Marriott related so *shrug*, any other opinions?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by unrequited
Never been to Hawaii, and never done such a long stay at Marriott before. Currently reading through the codes list, but most aren't applicable to gov' rate rooms. Is there anything that I should be aware of before booking? (Can't seem to find any online-booking bonus offers, etc. things like that) Phone/website?

I'm limited to using my corporate AMEX an the gov' rate. Thanks for any and all comments. I only have 8,560 points so I'm at the basic Marriott Rewards level. I assume this 3-month stay's gonna bump me up a level or two.

Where: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...esort-and-spa/
When: 5/8 --> 8/1
What: Any help you can provide, as well as tips for Hawaii.

I thought about Execustay's +5000points book for 30+day stays, but you only get 2.5p/1$ instead of the hotel's 10p/1$.

...yes, I know I drew the short straw getting stuck in Honolulu for 3 months, please be kind. > )
I've had a couple of stays like yours, and each time prior to the stay, called and spoke with the GM of the property. It was my experience that the GM's had some leeway concerning the room price, and that was in fact reflected in the lower rate that I received. (I know I received a good deal because I scoured the Marriott site with every eligible code that I know and couldn't find a rate as low as I was ultimately given at each property.) Additionally, the poor state of the economy may well work in your favor as you will be giving a steady amount of revenue to the property, and that may convince the GM to work with you. Also, don't forget about Marriott's Double Night Credit Promo described elsewhere in this thread. Your stay will occur during the applicable dates for the promo, and you should not only make Platinum based upon the promo, but also possibly have some extra nights to rollover to 2010 for status then.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:30 pm

...that's a fantastic idea. I hadn't heard of the double-night promo, because it apparently was pulled but coming back May 11th. Then at the end of that thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...s-weird-3.html
someone posted a link to sign up. Hopefuly that takes effect, it'd be like hitting the jackpot heh.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Nothing to add other than to express my jealousy

I've been to that property and enjoyed it thoroughly.^
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:26 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Also know (and I am not sure if it is true in Hawaii) that stays over 30 days often lose the tax charges after that date because you are considered to be "renting" the room.... that made a major difference when we were staying at a Residence Inn for 9 months.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:32 pm

Interesting... I just spend 5 months in Arizona, and didn't know about that, and wasn't made aware of it either. It's not my $, so it doesn't really bother me, but it is a good thing to know, I'll have to ask on check-in.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:30 am
Suspended

Went on to recheck an upcoming res at The FS Marriott Waikiki and low and behold seems theres a New CY (probably an existing Hotel being reflaged,IMO)

Reg rates in June is $109 while the Marriott is $179, since I have a 4pm flight out and a late checkout my 1st day. I switched and was able to get it for under $100 with a usable code.

also since The Marriott is a Resort (Ha,Ha) no lounge or free breakfasts, etc. So its the CY for me on my UA DEQM MR to HNL, BTW my 1st night is at The Sheraton Princess for $98 so cant double up on cheap SPG stays

seems its off Kuhio Ave which is 1 block off the main drag that runs along the Beach. Which is great for me since I take the Bus to/from HNL. It looks to be on Lewers , which is the street for The Embassy Suites

For 1 night I figure I cant go wrong, especially with the promos that are all going on
Old May 14, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I am booked there for July and January. Also, since it is a cat 5 I am using my Visa cat 5 free night cert in July. Staying there and for 4 nights and Marriott for 4 nights. We will see how it works out. Parking is 18 vs 26 at FS Marriott, WiFi is free and rates are less expensive, but locaiton isn't as good. Since I am passing on my usual Ihilani property, unless rates drop much lower, which I doubt will happen. Waikiki rates are quite good. For July I got Marriott for $155 and CY for $116. I got $98 for next January at the CY and $170 for Marriott.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:00 pm

"Marriott International’s moderately-priced Courtyard by Marriott power brand will call Honolulu, Hawaii ‘home’ following the conversion in mid-2009 of the 17-story Wyland Waikiki Resort & Spa into the 404-room Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach. The hotel will be operated under a franchise agreement with Lodging Capital Partners LLC; Outrigger Hotels & Resorts will manage the property."
Old May 14, 2009, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by ual1k
"Marriott International’s moderately-priced Courtyard by Marriott power brand will call Honolulu, Hawaii ‘home’ following the conversion in mid-2009 of the 17-story Wyland Waikiki Resort & Spa into the 404-room Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach. The hotel will be operated under a franchise agreement with Lodging Capital Partners LLC; Outrigger Hotels & Resorts will manage the property."
Hmmm. The Wyland ranks very high on TripAdvisor and the interior and rooms already look quite nice. Small pool. I'm wondering if Wyland ran out of money or decided that a flag was a necessity in this down economy.
Old May 14, 2009, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Wow. The hotel opened a little over two years ago (April 2007). Can't believe it is changing already.

It is a VERY nice hotel and could become one of the better CY's nationwide.
Old May 14, 2009, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Kinda funny. I was just talking about the Wyland today with a friend of mine. Was talking about how they tried going the route of being a Clarion Collection hotel. Never did seem to take off. I do hope that with it being a Courtyard now that they retain some of the Wyland features, like the artwork throughout the property.

For those that havent been there, its a great property with a very friendly and helpful staff. Just remember the button for the elevator in the main bldg lobby is next to the fish tank and not next to elevator.. Always kinda funny to see people hunting for the elevator button..
Old May 15, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think this is excellent news. ^

I've thought for a long time Waikiki needed another Marriott hotel property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.