Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441002

...which will also have other links to other threads within it. Among all of those, you should get good info.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:34 pm

Airport Service

Hijacking this thread.....

Is there an airport shuttle of some sort to get to this hotel? I was thinking I really do not need a car during my next trip here. Any suggestions other than taxis? Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
HNL airport transportation

This thread has some helpful information:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307612

I'm going to lock this thread because discussion of the Waikiki Marriott is best continued in the thread already started.

Bruce
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
Laptop Safe at the Marriott Waikiki?

Sorry to ask a slightly off-topic question. But does anyone know if the Marriott Waikiki has safe's that will hold laptops in the rooms. The last couple marriotts I have visited only had them on the executive floors. Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:18 pm

Yes. I stayed there this past August and the safe will accommodate a laptop just fine.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by ROBinHOU
Yes. I stayed there this past August and the safe will accommodate a laptop just fine.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:10 pm

I'll second that, ROBinHOU.

I did 70 nights there this year and I think the safes were all the same size.

If you have a drink at Arancino's (in the hotel) please tell the bartenders (Kiet or Keo) that Scott says hello.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
questions on marriot waikiki resort

hi all,

will be staying at this property next week and have a few questions with regards to recnet experiences.

I am preparing to send a package to myself for a stay 6 to 8 jan and wonder if anybody have reported lost packages or damaged packages received at this property(using UPS). Do they charge?

Also, the last i heard, there is no platinum lounge at this property so i wonder how do platinum members get treated at this property.

thanks in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:10 am

How many packages are you sending to Hawaii next week?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640843
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:58 am

Nothing special....

As a Platinum, I did not get anything special on check in. Had to change rooms a couple of times to get the 'best available' one which was a hassle but thats the game.

I asked for late checkout and I was offered 1pm. I said that I was a platinum and they gave me until 2pm. I asked for later and he said that I could check out at 6 for $100. I said i would gladly pay the money if we could check out at 9pm and he said no problem. We were not charged which was nice of them.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
yyz-kin... thank you for the response. i was wondeirng if there is a lounge at this property as well otherwise any breakfast coupons given out?

as for my packages, i think its for mutual Ft benefit as im sure someone would also wish to know if they have to send packages, whether this marriot would lsoe them and whether they charge.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
As a Gold, I was told that we were upgraded to ocean-view.

This place is nice, especially given the proximity to the beach and the Waikiki life. My only complaints were that there really needs to be an elite check-in desk - the line just gets too darned long. Also, the business center charged me $3 for 3 pages of printing, despite the fact that the in-room service guide clearly states that up to 20 printouts are free.

Overall an excellent experience. We paid $179 a night and can't see getting anything close to this quality for that price on Waikiki.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Aeroplan Elite
Marriott Waikiki

We are booked at Marriott Waikiki for Oct 29 4 nights. Has anyone stayed there and is it a nice property? Are there any suites there? Husband is Gold and will be about 4 nights away from being Plat. What do you think our chances are of being upgraded to a suite? What about concierge level, do they have one there?

Everywhere we go, even just being Gold, we always get upgraded to a better room, most often a suite. For this trip, do you think it's worthwhile to email the GM and ask for an upgrade a week before our stay?

Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Marriott Waikiki

It's a nice hotel. No concierge lounge, and if they have suites I never got one in staying there about 20 times as a Platinum. I was booked on a decent corporate rate in a city view room and was generally upgraded to at least an ocean view, usually to an "executive king" room which was slightly bigger than a standard room, with two (small) balconies and a little desk alcove.

The place is usually quite busy, so I doubt you'll get a significant upgrade, but you could tell them that you were hoping for one of the Exec King rooms and see if they can help you out.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I've stayed at this hotel several times reciently, and the most I get as an upgrade is an ocean view room. No suites.

I did enquire, and they will upsell a suite, but it's expensive. I don't remember the exact price, but something l ike $140 to $200 a night.

Parking in the hotel is expensive, either valet or self. ( I think $25 vs $18/night).

Emailing the gm won't hurt but in my opinion, they have a set standard way of accomidating people with status, so asking for more doesn't help.

They have been quite generous with me with late checkout. Last time, I got to stay until 8PM with no additional charge. If they are not full (this is key), and you ask nicely, they may let you have an extended checkout (or early check in if necessary).

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.