Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
I agree that in this day and age it is outrageous. Much more so in Europe (and that goes for the €30 breakfast as well). However, your luck in finding free wifi seems to be better than mine. I find it extremely rarely from my hotel rooms, and, well, if you have to be connected, you pay. Boingo and iPass seem to work pretty well from many places.
I use this little high gain WiFi antenna that plugs in to my USB port. It's basically an additional WiFi USB card with an antenna since no laptop I know of allows for an external antenna for an internal card. It pulls in signals from an incredible distance. Using an airport example, I can pull in a usable signal from about 7-8 gates away. From a hotel balcony where you typically have good line of sight, you can grab a WiFi signal from half a mile away quite easily.

http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wi...9d6e73ddf2fb6c
Old Feb 15, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Is it ever known for Marriotts to give the wifi away free, E.g. at weekends when the lounges are shut?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Originally Posted by chistery
Is it ever known for Marriotts to give the wifi away free, E.g. at weekends when the lounges are shut?
Renaissance Pittsburgh has free WiFi & ethernet throughout the hotel.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by chistery
I've been able to trade my platinum welcome gift for comped wifi on a number of occasions. The Ren Mayflower comped me on wifi on a weekend when the lounge was closed, but I think that's because a manager saw me sitting outside the lounge grabbing the signal and felt pity.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I have an AT/T Wifi subscription ($20 / month) and it works at all of the IBahn-provided Marriotts, so I don't have to pay....

Boingo works too and I think it's $10 / month...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
Boingo is $9.95/month and works at most domestic and many euro marriotts. I have been using them for years and have no other interest in promoting them, just a great deal.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Million miler
Medic1, which of the antennas at this link do you use?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Originally Posted by LornaV
Medic1, which of the antennas at this link do you use?
I used the "Wibberduck-5" antenna and screw it in to a USB WiFi card that I bought that takes an external antenna: http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-HWUG1-...5022209&sr=8-4

The good ole' "Cantenna" works as well and is even stronger, but is too bulky to make it very practical for traveling: http://www.amazon.com/12-dBi-Super-C...022209&sr=8-10
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:07 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by Platcomike
Boingo is $9.95/month and works at most domestic and many euro marriotts.
Availability of Boingo in europe is fine, correct. However the $9,95/month contract doesn´t help as you need at least Boingo Global $59/month which is also restricted to 2,000 min max usage per month.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Waikiki Marriott - Con.Lounge/Free Breakfast?

Does Waikiki Marriott have CL or offer Free Breafkast to MR Gold? Cant find the info anywhere... And I pressume Ko Olina Marriott (not the JW one) does not offer any of this, correct? I am trying to decide what to book for March 6-13 stay.

Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Both are resorts and as such neither has a lounge or provides breakfast to any elites.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Yeah, nothing in the way of CL or breakfast or whatever, and of course there is the internet charge for your room. I was there last week and did receive a nice upgrade to an ocean view room.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:21 am

Try renting an aircard

Next time rent an aircard from a company such as Rovair (http://www.rovair.com). This way you are not limited to using in the hotel. It can be used all over (airport, on the road, even on the beach!).
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
For a time I used a USB Wireless WAN card from Verizon. My new laptop has the card built in. It is $61/month but allows me to connect most anywhere there is a Verizon signal. It works in airports, in hotels, in your car, in an office waiting room, etc.

I very seldom have to use my BB for email given that I have a relatively light wt laptop in my briefcase at all times that can be connected from anywhere.

Perry
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:28 am

Waikiki Beach Marriott (HNL) 5/8-->8/1 help?

Never been to Hawaii, and never done such a long stay at Marriott before. Currently reading through the codes list, but most aren't applicable to gov' rate rooms. Is there anything that I should be aware of before booking? (Can't seem to find any online-booking bonus offers, etc. things like that) Phone/website?

I'm limited to using my corporate AMEX an the gov' rate. Thanks for any and all comments. I only have 8,560 points so I'm at the basic Marriott Rewards level. I assume this 3-month stay's gonna bump me up a level or two.

Where: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...esort-and-spa/
When: 5/8 --> 8/1
What: Any help you can provide, as well as tips for Hawaii.

I thought about Execustay's +5000points book for 30+day stays, but you only get 2.5p/1$ instead of the hotel's 10p/1$.

...yes, I know I drew the short straw getting stuck in Honolulu for 3 months, please be kind. > )

Last edited by unrequited; Apr 27, 2009 at 9:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.