Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by craz
Im here now, checked in last night and no regrets!

Im a Plat and was able to get aroom in the Rainbow Tower which isnt the main building its 12 floors with 7 rooms per floor, outside corridor. But its like a jr suite, theres a micro wave , fridge 2 TVs a table and chairs and was told by numerous employees I asked taht the rooms were biger then those in the main building

I would stay here again as its convient for me
I stayed in a "larger" guest room in the main tower recently and it was still tiny. If I stay there again, I'll ask for a room in the other tower, thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 4:26 pm

Coutyard Wakiki (Honolulu)

Hello,

I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member, and I have booked a paid 6 night stay at the Couryard Wakiki, and I booked the 1 bedroom suite (beneath that, there is a Larger Guest Bedroom and then the standard room)

Is there any chance, as I have booked the 1 BDR Suite, that I will get upgraded to the Penthouse Suite? (I think they have 2 of them).

This would be for the 1st week of December.

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 4:50 pm
Suspended

simple answer, why did you start a new thread when this Hotel already has its own thread???

Marriott doesnt Upgrade to any kind of Suite its not a benefit even for Plats, yet a Gold member. But strange things do happen, just dont expect it and you wont be disappointed

Next time Please dont start a new thread but post on the existing 1
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by craz
simple answer, why did you start a new thread when this Hotel already has its own thread???

Next time Please dont start a new thread but post on the existing 1
I didn't see it. Thanks for your kind response.

When I called the hotel, they gave me the felling that upgrades to 1 Bdr suites more or less happen all the time for Gold/Plats in Lrg bedrooms. Anyways, I'll probably change the booking to the larger bedroom.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Not impressed.

I stayed for 1 night in July. I'm Plat, but didn't get an upgrade. I felt the lobby and hotel were average. Service below par. When trying to use the hotel pc's to print boarding passes, I had to wait out the homeless people using the computers. Complained to the front decks: blank stares. Definately not your average CY. Seems the training and service is not to Marriott's usual standard. Would not recomend, unless a person is seeking a hostel like experience. YMMV.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmw303
I didn't see it. Thanks for your kind response.

When I called the hotel, they gave me the felling that upgrades to 1 Bdr suites more or less happen all the time for Gold/Plats in Lrg bedrooms. Anyways, I'll probably change the booking to the larger bedroom.
also you will be there for 6 nights, not too many Hotels will want to give away their opportunity to sell a special suite for 6 nights as an Upgrade especially to a Gold,IMO
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Anthemflyer
I stayed for 1 night in July. I'm Plat, but didn't get an upgrade. I felt the lobby and hotel were average. Service below par. When trying to use the hotel pc's to print boarding passes, I had to wait out the homeless people using the computers. Complained to the front decks: blank stares. Definately not your average CY. Seems the training and service is not to Marriott's usual standard. Would not recomend, unless a person is seeking a hostel like experience. YMMV.
Well, maybe things have changed. how did the Homeless get the code/password? I believe after 30 or 60 mins it shuts down

I dont recall ahving seen any homeless and the Hotels Security people were always walking around.

when I was there a few months ago those at the Front desk were extremely nice and helpful. so much so that my plan was to make this CY my home whenever in HNL
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I also stayed at this property July 12-16, 1 day of which was on a Visa free night cert, and my stay was excellent. I had no problems with service, check-in was nice, room was cleaned on a daily basis, valet parking guys were always there and service was very efficient.

I was upgraded from a guest room to one of the larger guest rooms which have kitchenettes. Room had free wired Internet and nice 40" LCD TV which was compatible with HDMI from the Laptop. The room was in good repair and nicely appointed. Coffee shop in the lobby was nice, small fitness center, but met my needs.

Compared with other Courtyards service was better just on the fact that they had valet parking. Granted it cost money, but it was $18 vs $28.27 at the FS Waikiki Marriott. Now granted service paled when compared to FS properties, but that's the reason they are called FS properties.

Now this is a vintage Waikiki property (meaning older) which has been renovated so the hallways are narrow but they are well appointed and well kept. Lobby is a bit plain, but then again aren't all Courtyards. The only difference when compared to other Courtyards is that this one doesn't doesn't follow the Courtyard cookie cutter motif. Ceilings are low (once again older property), and lobby is done mainly in marble and adorned with what looked like Koa wood accents on the walls and front desk. Despite the low ceilings, the lobby was nice, clean and well maintained. I did have occasion to speak with the front desk staff a couple times and they were very friendly, efficient and were able to provide my with the information I was seeking.

FWIW, I didn't use the lobby PCs or printers. Also I did not eat in the Hotel restaurant. I also didn't use the pool or hot tub, but both seemed nice and about the size of pools/hot tubs at other Courtyards but with more character that included stone paved decking instead of the usual concrete and tropical landscaping. I also was unaware when I was there that they had a second secluded saltwater pool (according to their web site). If I had known about that, then I would have checked it out when I was there.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I also was unaware when I was there that they had a second secluded saltwater pool (according to their web site). If I had known about that, then I would have checked it out when I was there.
Sounds as if you were in the Main Building. I was in the building to the right of Valet when pulling up to it. The building I was in as I posted up thread has outside corridors but with much larger rooms. BTW its at this building where you would have found the salt water pool or better put bath tub , yea its really small, so you didnt miss anything

theres a 3rd building I think 2 floors by the shallow end of the pool

for a CY I think this place is Great, its not a FS and if aperson is gonna expect a FS then they might be disappointed

But it was much beter then I expected and will definitely be going back, especially if it keeps its rates low
Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm here for work for a week. I'm a Plat and they put me up in the building with the JR suites. It's a nice room...spacious and everything looks very new. Bed is comfortable and the hotel's location is super close to everything in Waikiki.

If you're coming for a "paradise vacation," this isn't the place. I would recommend the JW in Ko Olina on the West side of Oahu. This CY is about 3 or 4 blocks from the beach. Plus, all of the hustle/bustle going on in Waikiki makes it feel like South Beach Miami, only with mountains. I also wouldn't recommend the FS Marriott in Waikiki either. It faces, but is still across from, the ocean. But if you're a business traveler, this new CY definitely a great place to stay.

I could, however, do without the ancillary fees...like paying for the parking. It's a tad exorbitant. $18 for self-parking, $22 for valet.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ExCrew
$18 for self-parking, $22 for valet.

Their web site says Valet Parking Only @ $22/day which is up from $18 when I was there in July? Where is the self parking? A nearby garage I assume; does it allow in/out access? TIA

FWIW, parking at Ihilani is $29/day for self or valet parking; the Waikiki Marriott is $28/day for self parking and $32/day for valet.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Oct 24, 2009 at 7:54 pm
Old Oct 25, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade

Their web site says Valet Parking Only @ $22/day which is up from $18 when I was there in July? Where is the self parking? A nearby garage I assume; does it allow in/out access? TIA

FWIW, parking at Ihilani is $29/day for self or valet parking; the Waikiki Marriott is $28/day for self parking and $32/day for valet.
Yeah, it's in the garage across the street. I didn't bother researching...just did the valet thing. :P
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ExCrew
I'm here for work for a week. I'm a Plat and they put me up in the building with the JR suites. It's a nice room...spacious and everything looks very new. Bed is comfortable and the hotel's location is super close to everything in Waikiki.
Bah, I'm plat and I got upgraded to a larger room in the main tower. I really don't mind though, we can wave at each other from our balconies though.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: United 1K | Marriott Gold
After reading about the small rooms, both here and at TA, I just changed to the Marriott. They are both equidistant to Dukes, so no loss or gain.

DMH
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold

Will be 4 nights in HNL and rates are same for Courtyard larger room and Waikiki city view room. Will not be renting a car and would like to be able to walk or take bus, taxi, etc. The Courtyard internet free access is a definite plus. Which location would be better? Anyone have any experience recently at either place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.