Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by mgrifff34
Looking at taking the family to Oahu . I am a plat Marriott member. Does anybody know if the Marriott on Waikiki beach has a lounge for members that include breakfast and or snacks?
There is no lounge. I received a 25% food and drinks (non alcoholic I think) coupon to use unlimited times at the Breakfast buffett and pool bar.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:49 pm

No lounge and overall a marginal property in my opinion. Pool areas are very worn out. Restaurant is dark and un-appealing. Gym has no windows. Not impressive to me.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm not a fan of this property either, we did receive a jr suite upgrade but the property is dated and the pool is not impressive. I would drive and check out the JW Marriott at Ko'Olina which has been one of the top Marriott hotels I have ever stayed at. I also own at the Marriott Vacation Club there and would recommend that as well.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
No lounge and overall a marginal property in my opinion. Pool areas are very worn out. Restaurant is dark and un-appealing. Gym has no windows. Not impressive to me.
They recently moved the gym (not sure when you were there last, I was there in Oct). It is now by one of the pools and has large windows. The breakfast buffet area was nothing special, I did like the location of the pool bar that essentially looks over the beach.

I agree it is not the best property and is in a populated touristy area. The beaches are extremely crowded and expect to pay $20+ for a beach chair for a day. Don't expect a resort type property but rather a city hotel with an outdoor pool area. We only stayed here 2 nights while doing some of the touristy things in Oahu and found that it suited our needs just fine.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:07 pm

Does anyone have recent upgrade/perks experiences at the Marriott Waikiki as a Gold member to share?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
....just spent Christmas there. Not the most glamorous property by any means. It is a little dated, the pool wasn't anything special. The breakfast buffet was outrageously priced, so we chose our own meals with the 25% off.
I received $30/day credit to be applied toward F&B.

As far as upgrades, as a Platinum, all they "upgraded" me too was a room looking away from the water in the middle of the building. I was also pleased to know that they were forcing me out of my room by noon when I checked out b/c they had someone who they guaranteed to have my room by 1300.
Not the ideal way to treat a Platinum member, or any Elite member for that matter.

When I go back and stay in Waikiki, I will probably try the Courtyard instead.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:16 am

Are there any non-suite rooms at the Courtyard that hold 4 people? I wanted to use a couple MegaBonus certificates here for a couple days before our stay at Ko Olina, but the only thing available for 4 people is a 1 bedroom suite and I don't think the certs will work for that. I did search for rooms for 3 people and a 2 double bed room was available. I'm just wondering if all the 2 double bed rooms are rated at only 3 people?

Maggie
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
The hot tub has been there for YEARS - it's on the back pool - Kuhio Ave facing.

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
My mistake - website does show there is a hot tub.

It wasn't there a feww years ago.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, BAEC GGL, CCR, Marriott AMB
Originally Posted by craz
theres an ABC store across the street as well on the corner its not on Kuhio (the main drag) but on Lewers or walk out onto to Kuhio turn Right and it will right in front of you across the street (Kuhio & Lewers)
It's actually a Whalers General Store as pictured from the balcony of the CY

Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by aSWUplz
And there's an ABC store directly across the street from the WGS (NW corner), out of sight in the photo.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Is it possible to take a picture in Waikiki that doesn't have an ABC store in it?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, BAEC GGL, CCR, Marriott AMB
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Is it possible to take a picture in Waikiki that doesn't have an ABC store in it?
I just did! But you're right, ABC is everywhere!
SFOTerry is also correct in there being an ABC Stores opposite the pictured Whalers General Store!

As a relevent note on the same thread: you can do a room charge at the ABC Stores inside the Waikiki Marriott (not the Courtyard), so therefore you can accrue Marriott points with purchases. It's cheaper than ordering via room service.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aSWUplz

nice pic Wrong corner. The ABC I was referring to is across Kuhio from the Whalers. In front of the Whalers on Kuhio is where The BUS drops you off coming from the airport.And where I pick up teh bus to go snorkling at Humanahua bay (wrong spelling sorry)

that 1 way street where the yellow trolly (bus) is coming down is Lewers, and the 2 direction st is Kuhio. So if Whalers is on the the Northeast corner, ABC is on the NorthWest corner

I can tell you for sure at apx 3pm this Sun when I get off the 19 or 20 bus in front of Whalers to cross over to the CY for 3 days

The CY is soldout a couple of the nights I will be there, good thing I called up when I made the res overa month ago to get my reg room in the Tower by the salt water pool. Nice size sort of like a SHS room
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:25 pm
Suspended

OK back at the CY.

walked into Whalers for the 1st time, they and ABC are basically the same price within a few pennies. Whalers has a much larger selection, both are anything but cheap but in Waikiki you really have no choice unless you have a car.

As for the CY 1st time in close to a dz stays that I didnt get a suite in the Aloha Tower (not the main building). 1st room had a Queen bed when king was asked for and the room was small. Switched me to a King on a very low floor with a King but no tub and the shower was dark and bearly enough room for me to stand in it, plus it shared a wall with the elevator.

OK the hotel is soldout, ended up in the 2 story building by the pool.Got a tub and king bed but no privicy and cant leave the shades up as people can see right in. They said they have checkouts tomorrow and to check back

I finally got to experience what others were complaining about till now. Hopefully I can something that works for Mon & Tues nights. Will still return the next time Im in town

Forgot , if you ask for or are put in the Aloha Tower make sure the room doesnt end in 50 thats the 1 with small shower and tiny bathroom.Also try for the 8th floor and lower as those have the bigger rooms

also there are 2 ANC stores on Royal Hawaiian Ave which is the block where you pull up for the CYs parking lot, just cross Kuhio and they are on the left side , both had more offerings then the store across from Whalers

Last edited by craz; Feb 13, 2012 at 1:45 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Not possible. One night being silly, DH and I (staying at Marriott) were walking down to see our friend (one of the bartenders at Dukes - he actually flies to Cali for our golf tourney every year) - and decided to buy two minis at each ABC on the way until we got there. After 3 and only being less than a full block from the Marriott - we crossed to the beach side

Originally Posted by dd992emo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.