Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I booked a "premium" ocean view in the Kealohilani Tower with a king-sized bed. I was checking my reservation and noticed I had been pre-upgraded into an ocean front junior suite with a king-sized bed.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I booked a "premium" ocean view in the Kealohilani Tower with a king-sized bed. I was checking my reservation and noticed I had been pre-upgraded into an ocean front junior suite with a king-sized bed.
when are you staying ? I hear tell they are about to start another refresh
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
when are you staying ? I hear tell they are about to start another refresh
Next week.

I was told the refresh doesn't start until the fall.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:12 pm

Next week.

I was told the refresh doesn't start until the fall.
yep was hoping it would start sooner so we could stay there instead of the Sheraton
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:30 pm
Suspended

yep was hoping it would start sooner so we could stay there instead of the Sheraton
I stayed in May and thoroughly reviewed it. I had a junior suite then. The room was fine, in my opinion. All it really needed as a Toto toilet, a new countertop, sink basin, fixtures, and a better showerhead.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:41 pm

I stayed in May and thoroughly reviewed it. I had a junior suite then. The room was fine, in my opinion. All it really needed as a Toto toilet, a new countertop, sink basin, fixtures, and a better showerhead.

Thats's half the room !!! I walked in the day Marriott took that place over 25 years +- years ago! using points for stay at the end of the year,
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Thats's half the room !!! I walked in the day Marriott took that place over 25 years +- years ago! using points for stay at the end of the year,
The current, non-Toro toilet was perfectly fine, but a Toto would be better. The shower was fine, but a more fashionable rainforest-style showerhead would be nice. The only obviously tired parts of the room were the countertop, sink basin and sink basin fixtures in the bathroom. The rest of the room, including carpeting, wallpaper, bedding, and wall art, were in good shape and looked like they were replaced within the last couple of years. The TV was like brand new.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

At the Marriott Waikiki, I was further upgraded from a junior suite to a suite with 2-bedroom, 1 1/2-bathroom suite with double balcony and dining table on the 24th floor. Not sure the category. Breakfast buffet is still very basic, despite the high cost. No fresh berries or fruit, other than melon and bananas. I ate breakfast one morning at the Moana Westin and another morning at the Laylow, Autograph Collection.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I dont think it was quite 25 years ago when Marriott took the place over. Pretty sure it was after 2000.....
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I dont think it was quite 25 years ago when Marriott took the place over. Pretty sure it was after 2000.....
Would have to go back but damn close. Either way services have gone downward ever since. Especially losing the lobby bar.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa was previously the Hawaiian Regent Hotel, which opened 1971.

The Hawaiian Regent changed ownership in November 16, 2000: https://www.hotel-online.com/News/Pr...iMarriott.html
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Horace
The Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa was previously the Hawaiian Regent Hotel, which opened 1971.

The Hawaiian Regent changed ownership in November 16, 2000: https://www.hotel-online.com/News/Pr...iMarriott.html
Hey at 70 one's memory slides a bit ! Thanks for the article the big shame was the Ilikai Hotel it was once a great property as well. Then converted to condo hotel by a Japanese group. Self financed in yen !

Anyway time moves on
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Horace

Thanks. I did a search but couldn't find anything, didn't try very hard though. I just happened to be doing a lot of work in the area during that time frame so it stuck out to me.

In talking to some of the hotel workers that I knew in the area at the time they basically said Marriott had to take what they could get (to be in Waikiki) and this property was it.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Thanks. I did a search but couldn't find anything, didn't try very hard though. I just happened to be doing a lot of work in the area during that time frame so it stuck out to me.

In talking to some of the hotel workers that I knew in the area at the time they basically said Marriott had to take what they could get (to be in Waikiki) and this property was it.

That about sums it up. Now you have the owners of the Mona looking to add onto the existing property with a high value tower the Sheraton Princess who they also own is slated for major renovations with a rumored additional tower! Don't forget condo hotels. I foresee one or more converting. Just saying
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:52 pm
Suspended

As I pointed out on another thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29981883-post140.html).

Management has waived daily resort fee on both of my last stays, including one that ended today. My colleagues also had them waived after we pointed out that the substantive things it included were supposed to be complimentary by virtue of our elite status (wireless internet access and telephone calls). Hotel also waives the $99 extended 6 p.m. checkout for platinum premiers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.