Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:39 am
KC

Programs: Southwest A; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Majuki
How do they verify purpose of visit? My understanding is that many rates booked through corporate travel tools will exclude the resort fee or mention that they're exempt from the resort fee.
I was just there last week and my employer's negotiated corporate rate excludes the resort fee.

Agree with the comments on the breakfast buffet - no way in hell I would've paid $34.99 for it, but it was nice and convenient to have it as part of my elite benefits, especially since jet lag had me waking up at 3 or 330 every morning, so the 5 a.m. start time was very convenient to grab some food super early.

The poolside restaurant has a great salad (the Diamond Head salad, add ahi!) but I didn't try any other food at the hotel itself. Yelp steered me to Momosan Waikiki just down the street on my first night there and loved it so much that I went back. Super tasty food and quite reasonably priced especially for Waikiki.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/momosan-waikiki-honolulu
SpicyMorale likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by KC
Agree with the comments on the breakfast buffet - no way in hell I would've paid $34.99 for it, but it was nice and convenient to have it as part of my elite benefits, especially since jet lag had me waking up at 3 or 330 every morning, so the 5 a.m. start time was very convenient to grab some food super early.
This property has one of the most disappointing breakfast buffets I can recall anywhere. Plus the space is depressing.

Originally Posted by KC
Yelp steered me to Momosan Waikiki just down the street on my first night there and loved it so much that I went back. Super tasty food and quite reasonably priced especially for Waikiki.
Another great option nearby is Marukame Udon on Kuhio. It's really a must-try. Super cheap, too. Be sure to try the shrimp tempura along with the udon.
SpicyMorale likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
This property has one of the most disappointing breakfast buffets I can recall anywhere. Plus the space is depressing.

Another great option nearby is Marukame Udon on Kuhio. It's really a must-try. Super cheap, too. Be sure to try the shrimp tempura along with the udon.
I agree the old space on the first floor was better but the buffet is OK, albeit fairly standard. Marukame is great but the line can be long!

As for the resort fee, it is not automatically dropped on government rates. Of course, there is effectively no value from the resort fee for plats or above.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
What is the breakfast benefit at the Courtyard after the August change? The one time I stayed at the Courtyard, I went to IHOP across the street, but they have the restaurant Spada on site.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
What is the breakfast benefit at the Courtyard after the August change? The one time I stayed at the Courtyard, I went to IHOP across the street, but they have the restaurant Spada on site.
$10 per person per day (for up to two) is the standard breakfast benefit at CY or 1000 points per stay.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
At Courtyard by Marriott in the USA (including Hawaii), one of the Platinum welcome gift options is "$10 F&B credit for member + 1 guest, daily."

Marriott does not promote this as a breakfast benefit. The daily $10 credit(s) can be applied toward breakfast or toward a bar bill or whatever other F&B is available at the Courtyard.

These credits are a nice improvement compared to before August 18, but the benefit is not the same as Platinum breakfast at other select service Marriott brands, such as Four Points and Aloft.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Marriott Waikiki Breakfast buffet is $35.95. To put that in perspective, the Aulani Character Breakfast buffet is $39. The Marriott Waikiki breakfast buffet was a complete zoo a few of the days I went. A huge group of tourists checked in the day before and they all seemed to eat at the same time. People had to wait 10-15 minutes to even get seated. I ended up just getting togo boxes put together (a nice option they allow) to avoid the crowds and hurried service.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by araknis
Marriott Waikiki Breakfast buffet is $35.95.
By comparison, Duke's breakfast buffet is $18. Or you can get breakfast around the corner at LuLu's, with ocean view and breezes, for around $15.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Horace
Marriott does not promote this as a breakfast benefit. The daily $10 credit(s) can be applied toward breakfast or toward a bar bill or whatever other F&B is available at the Courtyard.

These credits are a nice improvement compared to before August 18, but the benefit is not the same as Platinum breakfast at other select service Marriott brands, such as Four Points and Aloft.
Thanks for the clarification, and I just read the thread on this. While I agree that it's a better benefit now (versus before when you got nothing at a Courtyard), $10 probably doesn't go far in Waikiki.

Marriott Waikiki Breakfast buffet is $35.95. To put that in perspective, the Aulani Character Breakfast buffet is $39. The Marriott Waikiki breakfast buffet was a complete zoo a few of the days I went. A huge group of tourists checked in the day before and they all seemed to eat at the same time. People had to wait 10-15 minutes to even get seated. I ended up just getting togo boxes put together (a nice option they allow) to avoid the crowds and hurried service.
I've often had to wait, especially if I don't get there close to opening time. I didn't know that they offered to go boxes as an option. What are the conditions? More than once or twice while waiting those 10-15 minutes before for a table I've seen the staff actively chase down people daring to attempt to leave with a piece of fruit or a yogurt cup.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Kacee
By comparison, Duke's breakfast buffet is $18. Or you can get breakfast around the corner at LuLu's, with ocean view and breezes, for around $15.
Lulu’s is my favorite. Right around the corner from my place and the best Banana-Mac nut pancakes on the island. With coconut syrup. Yum. It is my treat to myself. And a great place to watch the many parades we have in Waikiki. Get a seat along the outside bar and watch the fun.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by KC
it was nice and convenient to have it as part of my elite benefits, especially since jet lag had me waking up at 3 or 330 every morning, so the 5 a.m. start time was very convenient to grab some food super early.
6 a.m.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
You're better off going to the ABC in the lobby or the Starbucks in the lobby and buying something for breakfast, unless you insist on eggs, bacon and sausage.

If you're paying for breakfast, the ala carte breakfast at the Moana Westin Surfrider is cheaper and you're on the beach.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You're better off going to the ABC in the lobby or the Starbucks in the lobby and buying something for breakfast, unless you insist on eggs, bacon and sausage.

If you're paying for breakfast, the ala carte breakfast at the Moana Westin Surfrider is cheaper and you're on the beach.
Not saying its the worlds best but ...

1. Lots of fresh melon, pineapple, and papaya.
2. Decent omelets -- personally I'm not much of a meat eater but like the island boy
3. Some korean kimichis ... not sure why since I don't see Koreans there.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I've often had to wait, especially if I don't get there close to opening time. I didn't know that they offered to go boxes as an option. What are the conditions? More than once or twice while waiting those 10-15 minutes before for a table I've seen the staff actively chase down people daring to attempt to leave with a piece of fruit or a yogurt cup.
Not sure what the conditions are for the togo box. The servers were actually very helpful in getting everything packed up for me. They kept asking me if I wanted to get more food or if I needed more plastic cups for juices or coffee. Very very accommodating. To clarify, I did not sit down and eat at the buffet and then get a togo box. I just walked in and asked if I could get a plate of food packed up to avoid the crazy crowd.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Not saying its the worlds best but ...

1. Lots of fresh melon, pineapple, and papaya.
It's an island in the Pacific. Almost everyone has pineapple, papaya and melon. To me, it says something about how cheap the management and/or owner is when they have no fresh berries nor even fruit preserves. Heck, there isn't even granola.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.