Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:58 am
KC

Programs: Southwest A; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
6 a.m.
Well unless it's changed since the first week of September, 2018 it's 5 a.m. I was there in the 5 a.m. hour three mornings that week.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
You're better off going to the ABC in the lobby or the Starbucks in the lobby and buying something for breakfast, unless you insist on eggs, bacon and sausage.

If you're paying for breakfast, the ala carte breakfast at the Moana Westin Surfrider is cheaper and you're on the beach.

we walk down to Duke's not gourmet however your on the beach as well. Any island hotels when slammed with large groups become impossible at times. The Hyatt is a great example of this with their elevators and lack of dining options for breakfast.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: marriott united
DP

I am PPE. Just checked out after 7 nights stay in Marriott Waikiki for vacation. Got waived 3 days of resort fee after talking to manager-on-duty nicely upon check out.

Used SNA to secure oceanfront junior suite five days before arrival, spectacular view!

Breakfast buffet opens at 5am. Not crowded at all during our stay. Tired of the food after 3 days. With young kids, we still went there everyday for convenience tho 😂
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by alvindhp
Tired of the food after 3 days.
I don't even go to the breakfast buffet anymore when I stay there because the food is low-quality and the selection is meager. For example, there aren't even berries for putting in the oatmeal and yogurt. I'd rather just buy a parfait at Starbucks.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 7, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Stayed there in July

Stayed at the Marriot, to take advantage of the travel pkgs vs. points at one of the starwood hotels that I normally go to. The Marriot is NOT equivalent to the Sheraton or the Royal Hawaiian. Booked two rooms using points, I am PP, they upgraded both rooms. Gave us breakfast for two people for just one of the rooms. I think the whole 37 dollar a day thing is a rip off, but it is the cost of doing buisness if you are going to stay at that property.

At the time, it was roughly 1/2 the points plus 250k airline miles vs the starwood properties. Don’t know what is available now after the merger, but all things being equal, the SW properties or in a better location and are much nicer.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ceber
Stayed at the Marriot, to take advantage of the travel pkgs vs. points at one of the starwood hotels that I normally go to. The Marriot is NOT equivalent to the Sheraton or the Royal Hawaiian. Booked two rooms using points, I am PP, they upgraded both rooms. Gave us breakfast for two people for just one of the rooms. I think the whole 37 dollar a day thing is a rip off, but it is the cost of doing buisness if you are going to stay at that property.

At the time, it was roughly 1/2 the points plus 250k airline miles vs the starwood properties. Don’t know what is available now after the merger, but all things being equal, the SW properties or in a better location and are much nicer.
This property has been going downhill almost since it was reflagged at least back then there were some decent options for dining and cocktails. It is much akin to the HHV mass market resort sans food options. I think the Sheraton will be the better option especially after they refresh the rooms again, pretty rough now.

At the end of the day virtually none of the resorts are a shadow of what they once were. Thank you "Equity Capital"
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ceber
I think the whole 37 dollar a day thing is a rip off, but it is the cost of doing buisness if you are going to stay at that property.
And the resort fees are only going to go up considering the hotel workers have been striking for higher wages. Marriott will raise the resort fee to offset wage increases thereby keeping room rates the same as competing hotels that haven't been shaken down by unions.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:30 pm
JBD

Is this the only thread for the Courtyard Waikiki or does it have a master thread that I'm for some reason not seeing?

I'm looking into this place since it seems it's the only one, or one of the only ones without a resort fee.

I tried doing a search on this thread using the keyword Courtyard, but that seemed to bring up every post since Courtyard is in the title. Is there another way to search this thread to learn what FTers think about this Courtyard?

TIA
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Could not find a master thread for Courtyard Waikiki, so hotel email has been added to this wiki along with the Marriott Waikiki's (which has also been added to its master thread).
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Here's the "latest" on the Courtyard. I know I stayed in this property probably 25+ years ago when it was some sort of Outrigger.

I received a "welcome, let us know if you have special requests" email a few days prior to arrival. I replied, requesting an earlier check-in.

Upon arrival, room was ready. Upgraded to a nicer room - top floor of the back building. A bit messy getting back there with driveway construction, but no biggie. Given a $10 F&B credit as platinum benefit.

1) Room pleasant. Elevator in back building not so great. Top floor room - elevator only goes to 12, and then stairs to 14 (no 13). Double-wide balcony.
2) Bathroom - oddly shaped small shower with very little light coming in. Toilet paper holder interferes with right arm. I've knocked the roll off a few times already.
3) $10 F&B credit - not good for following AM - so on a 1 day stay you've got no breakfast benefit equivalent. Period. Weak. Not sure what the difference is from me getting crap from the junk food pantry in the evening v. coffee and a pastry in the morning from the cafe. Weak.
4) Very pleasant staff.

Price is right. No resort fee. Central location..
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Here's the "latest" on the Courtyard. I know I stayed in this property probably 25+ years ago when it was some sort of Outrigger.

Given a $10 F&B credit as platinum benefit.

$10 F&B credit - not good for following AM - so on a 1 day stay you've got no breakfast benefit equivalent. Period. Weak. Not sure what the difference is from me getting crap from the junk food pantry in the evening v. coffee and a pastry in the morning from the cafe. Weak.
I hope you complain big time.

Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation <[email protected]>

And don't forget Trip Advisor.

Did you ask about a suite upgrade?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I hope you complain big time.

Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation <[email protected]>

And don't forget Trip Advisor.

Did you ask about a suite upgrade?
Did not ask for suite upgrade. (Room is plenty nice enough and I'm here for 24 hours, solo.) I don't rant on TA. I'll let Marriott know.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Did not ask for suite upgrade. (Room is plenty nice enough and I'm here for 24 hours, solo.) I don't rant on TA. I'll let Marriott know.
But you come on here. Unless you publicly complain on Trip Advisor it's unlikely an email to Marriott will force them to change. Name and shame.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I'll be staying at the Marriott for 7 nights with my wife and was debating using some of my SNAs. Can anyone suggest a room that would be worth the upgrade?

Right now I'm booked into a standard city view room, but I see quite a few options when I look to apply the SNA:
-City View Junior Suite
-Family Junior Suite, No View, Kealohilani Tower
-Ocean Front Junior Suite, Oceanfront Kealohiana Tower
-Ocean View Junior Suite, Ocean View Kealohiana Tower
-Ocean Front Guest Room, Kealohiana Tower
-Premium Ocean View Guest Room, Kealohiana Tower
-Diamondhead Ocean View Guest Room
-Ocean View Guest room
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flandery
I'll be staying at the Marriott for 7 nights with my wife and was debating using some of my SNAs. Can anyone suggest a room that would be worth the upgrade?

Right now I'm booked into a standard city view room, but I see quite a few options when I look to apply the SNA:
-City View Junior Suite
-Family Junior Suite, No View, Kealohilani Tower
-Ocean Front Junior Suite, Oceanfront Kealohiana Tower
-Ocean View Junior Suite, Ocean View Kealohiana Tower
-Ocean Front Guest Room, Kealohiana Tower
-Premium Ocean View Guest Room, Kealohiana Tower
-Diamondhead Ocean View Guest Room
-Ocean View Guest room
Only the oceanfront junior suite and oceanfront rooms have a good view, as they will be at the end of the tower closest to the beach. The "view" rooms and suites are further back; in some cases, at the far other end of the tower.

I have received a complimentary upgrade into a two-room suite on the top floor or second-highest floor that had a double balcony and an amazing view of Diamond Head. However, it still required a stretch of my neck to see the ocean.

Here is the typical view of an oceanfront suite or oceanfront room on the west side of the tower, facing Waikiki:

Here is the typical view of an oceanfront suite or oceanfront room on the east side of the tower, facing Diamond Head:

You may want to look at the Westin Moana Surfrider. If it's similarly priced I would opt for it, as it is directly on the beach and, as a result, has better views. Go for the Diamond Head-facing oceanfront rooms or suites in the Surfrider tower.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Nov 25, 2018 at 7:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.