Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by forextrader
Just trying to get the latest information - Is it OK to use Starwood Amex card to buy the dollar coins so that it is treated as a purchase?

I have not done coin purchases for over a year, so not sure of what the current policies with the credit card companies are.

Could not quite figure out how to search for this - so any help appreciated.
It worked as of my last statement a few weeks ago. I heard some say they very recently started categorizing it differently (though not as a cash adv), but it still awarded points
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: A few
I started paying our cleaner with coins!! I am pretty sure getting these into the Mexican cash-only culture will help with the true intention of the program
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by longleaf
Is it 10 days from the last ship date that you can order again, or 10 days from last order date?
order
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by longleaf
It worked as of my last statement a few weeks ago.
A non-written consent here is to only state the ones that do NOT work. The only one on the no-list is US Flexperks.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by forextrader
Just trying to get the latest information - Is it OK to use Starwood Amex card to buy the dollar coins so that it is treated as a purchase?
Per the Sticky ...

"Which cards do not accumulate miles/points for the dollar coin purchases?

Both US Bank’s Flexperks card and Comerican Bank (Elan Credit) have been reported as not earning points for Mint purchases. If you encounter others, please send a private message to iahtraveler so that this list can be updated. Please DO NOT post which cards still accumulate points/miles in the open coin thread."

Believe it or not, there are lurkers out there who take pleasure is trying to ruin this deal.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL plat
Hi Guys,

I purchased 4 boxes of 201 Native American on 7/21/10. The order still is in processed as of today. I called Mint three times and they said everything is fine and this coin is back in order and asked me just wait for another 2 weeks. But when I check the website, it does not say "this coin is back in order".

1. 2010 NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COINS (N04)
Qty 4 @ $250.00 - In stock.

It is my first time to order coins from Mint. Frankly I do not want to wait so long time. Do I do anything wrong? next time which coin should I order to get them faster shippment? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
dj1000, I got the same problem, ordered a few days earliery, same coin and same amount. Seem backordered
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
What has been delivered lately? I saw one posting for John Adams, any better bets?

The backorder date for Sacajaweas is now 8/5, one month from my order. They must have a gate agent from {your choice of major airline} handling the delay announcements. Time to cancel .....
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
ditto...got the 8/5 notice this morning and cancelled,

tyrying "Native American Government".
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
ditto...got the 8/5 notice this morning and cancelled,

tyrying "Native American Government".
I've had good luck with the 2010 NAs and the GWs.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
What has been delivered lately? I saw one posting for John Adams, any better bets?.
$1k NA's ordered 7/23 shipped today
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:43 am
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Stoughton
$1k NA's ordered 7/23 shipped today
Same here. I was starting to wonder when it would ship.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
skip the presidents

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
What has been delivered lately? I saw one posting for John Adams, any better bets?

The backorder date for Sacajaweas is now 8/5, one month from my order. They must have a gate agent from {your choice of major airline} handling the delay announcements. Time to cancel .....
Why waste time ordering anything besides 2010 NA's?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Actually I happily ordered different presidents which are more readily accepted by others.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beachmiles

Because it seems this is what everyone else is doing and it's (apparently) causes some delays

Not that it should really matter unless someone actually needs the $1,000 in hand for a particular reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.