Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Yeah, I've had two orders of $1k each that were placed on 7/19 and got them a few days ago.
Same here. 1K NA and 1K TJ placed on 7/19 arrived 7/23.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by ejh25
Just ordered my first $2K in coins!
Congrats! You will get hooked !
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Hate to interrupt the earth-shattering ethics discussion...
By all means, let's get back to this earth-shattering discussion on how many days it is taking everyone's order to arrive and on the enlightening dialogue we're having with bank tellers and of course one of my favorite subjects - the variety of ways the coins are being packed and of course how mistake-prone your local bank's coin-counting machine is. Riveting stuff all. I'm actually surprised no one has started a discussion on whether your UPS guy usually knocks on the door or rings the doorbell. What do you think the ratio would be? By all means, let's get back to it...
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR
Originally Posted by brasov02
By all means, let's get back to this earth-shattering discussion on how many days it is taking everyone's order to arrive and on the enlightening dialogue we're having with bank tellers and of course one of my favorite subjects - the variety of ways the coins are being packed and of course how mistake-prone your local bank's coin-counting machine is. Riveting stuff all. I'm actually surprised no one has started a discussion on whether your UPS guy usually knocks on the door or rings the doorbell. What do you think the ratio would be? By all means, let's get back to it...
USPS has been delivering mine to my PO box so i dont get a knock OR a ring! Didnt account for that option now did you?

You make a great point though, it seems like the same few topics keep coming up over and over.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
And don't forget the exciting accounts of FTers using coins at various farmers markets around the country. Tell me, how did your bus driver react this morning when you gave him dollar coins? I'm on the edge of my seat.

Last edited by laurajoyce; Jul 25, 2010 at 7:28 pm
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Ha! The joke is on you, I don't even have a doorbell! Also, the UPS delivery person is not always a guy.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Why is it that you follow this thread just to make random comments once in a while about how annoyed you are with it?

Do you understand that nobody is FORCING you to read this thread??

I'm just not sure why you always decide to post some ridiculous comments on a thread that you seem to hate, yet can't stop reading/commenting on...
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I'm actually surprised no one has started a discussion on whether your UPS guy usually knocks on the door or rings the doorbell. What do you think the ratio would be? By all means, let's get back to it...
I believe I brought up something along those lines last year. Had he rung the bell, I would have received a text message
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
useful

I like knowing how long it's taking coins to deliver. 6 or 7 days for me. I like to time my orders, so someone will be home to greet the UPS driver.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Why is it that you follow this thread just to make random comments once in a while about how annoyed you are with it?

I'm just not sure why you always decide to post some ridiculous comments on a thread that you seem to hate, yet can't stop reading/commenting on...
Unfortunately it's not quite that easy. About one post in 100 is actually very useful so those of us who have been at this for some time regularly come back to this thread to sift through the riff raff for anything new. (ie, changes in ordering limits, new strategies to get around limits, credit cards that no longer give credit for coin purchases, etc...) I see this argument frequently on FT when someone complains about the content of a thread "If you don't like it stop reading. No one is FORCING you." There are some threads that are easy to skip over and ignore but others, like this in my opinion, occasionally contain useful information so one has to read through the good with the bad. Such is life!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:33 pm

Heard a rumor that MrPickles is still getting orders of 99 boxes delivered biweekly. Discuss.... hehehe
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Tell me, how did your bus driver react this morning when you gave him dollar coins? I'm on the edge of my seat.
My coin got jammed inside the coin collector so the bus driver told me not to put those in there anymore. Interesting eh ?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium

Shows what you know. There is a UPS guy (wait, it's a gal) holding a gun to my head right now. But seriously, I really don't "hate" this thread. I just check in every once in a while in the off-chance there may be any actually useful information. Although I fully realize there's usually going to be nothing useful it is kind of fun to try and add a little life and maybe stir up an otherwise booooooooring pot.
And I do enjoy the contortions some people go through to try and say they aren't going against their word when they explicitly say they will comply with the intent of the program and then don't comply with the intent of the program.
Just seems easier all around to be honest and say, in this case, their word doesn't mean anything. I have to say it to myself whenever I directly deposit a few hundred coins. Personally, I justify it by saying that I only do a thousand bucks-worth every 2 or 3 months to meet a new card bonus threshold. Such small amounts shouldn't hurt anyone too much. Lame excuse I know, but I have to do my own rationalizing. Each to his own.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Heard a rumor that MrPickles is still getting orders of 99 boxes delivered biweekly. Discuss.... hehehe
Shush up! It's every 10 days just like everyone else.
It's spelled mrpickles.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:06 am

I placed a $1000 order for Native American coins on Sunday, using a recently obtained Visa that also has other charges on it. Just checked and the order is on hold, even though it also says "in stock and reserved". It's been six months or so since my husband or I last ordered, so it has nothing to do with the ten day waiting period. Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.