Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by cordelli
Taking them, bringing them all to a bank, where the bank just sends them back to the mint really doesn't help that cause.
My only cause at hand is the cause to earn points and miles. Their cause is not my cause.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:36 am

{QUOTES}Taking them, bringing them all to a bank, where the bank just sends them back to the mint really doesn't help that cause................Well they don't really go back to the mint, just the federal reserve vaults, but yea we know what you mean............And, in case you haven't noticed, most around here don't care. If you're looking for ethics around here, there's not much to see. You'd best just move on.............My only cause at hand is the cause to earn points and miles. Their cause is not my cause............

Don't we (sort of) give our word not to "bank" the coins? Does one's word mean nothing?

PS. Thank you OP for showing a method of (ethically) converting non credit card activity into miles.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Don't we (sort of) give our word not to "bank" the coins? Does one's word mean nothing?.
You should reread the Mints comments. They dont say what you are saying above.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Don't we (sort of) give our word not to "bank" the coins? Does one's word mean nothing?
and the answer is...

My only cause at hand is the cause to earn points and miles. Their cause is not my cause.
Welcome to the ethically-challenged (absent?) world of miles/points hoarding via the mint. (Best not to point it out though, it riles us up a bit.)
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:58 pm

Quote: Originally Posted by KenfromDE View Post
Don't we (sort of) give our word not to "bank" the coins? Does one's word mean nothing?.

Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
You should reread the Mints comments. They dont say what you are saying above.
The Mint verbiage: "The intended purpose of the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship program is to make $1 coins readily available to the public, at no additional cost, so they can be easily introduced into circulation—particularly by using them for retail transactions, vending, and mass transit. Increased circulation of $1 coins saves the Nation money. The immediate bank deposit of $1 coins ordered through this program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the program.
By clicking “Add to Cart” I agree that I understand, and will comply with, the intended purpose of the program."

Sounds "sort of" the same. What am I missing?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Nope. We give our "word" not to "immediately deposit" these into a bank. There are several ways around this
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Quote: Originally Posted by KenfromDE View Post

The Mint verbiage: "The intended purpose of the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship program is to make $1 coins readily available to the public, at no additional cost, so they can be easily introduced into circulation—particularly by using them for retail transactions, vending, and mass transit. Increased circulation of $1 coins saves the Nation money. The immediate bank deposit of $1 coins ordered through this program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the program.
By clicking “Add to Cart” I agree that I understand, and will comply with, the intended purpose of the program."

Sounds "sort of" the same. What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything. If you are simply depositing your coins in the bank you are basically lying every time you make an order. Nobody is saying it is illegal. But it is dishonest. But we are still amazingly creative at attempting to justify such behavior. Just watch...
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
You aren't missing anything. If you are simply depositing your coins in the bank you are basically lying every time you make an order. Nobody is saying it is illegal. But it is dishonest. But we are still amazingly creative at attempting to justify such behavior. Just watch...
and...

We give our "word" not to "immediately deposit" these into a bank. There are several ways around this
See how easy it is?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by deant
Will post in a day or two.
A month or two at the most. Or maybe a little longer.

(Yes, that's from my personal experience.)
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: Any and all of 'em
How does one define what an "immediate deposit" is?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Izzy24
How does one define what an "immediate deposit" is?
That's why you got a in a previous post. How much clearer do you need it in writing?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by buschoi
How much clearer do you need it in writing?
Well I am extemely stupid and slow. So I would need it "sort of" exactly clear. Not some vague, general commentary.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Hate to interrupt the earth-shattering ethics discussion...

But have any of ya'all had an NA order from on or after July 14th fulfilled? Mine appears to be languishing, along with my parents' order for SACs from 12th. Reason I'm asking is that AJ paid a visit to my cousin in the mean time...

Segway alert: Maybe the folks in IN are looking for some more help???

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JEUFFX6...er&scode=54926

Since the stereotypical FTer is a well motivated, self-starter with a yearning for success and accomplishment, and we excel in a team-oriented environment, perhaps we could offer our collective assistance... In Steven Covey's/7 Habits terms, it's a clear win-win! I'll take the first weekend day shift.

Back OT: any NAs ordered after 14 July and arrived?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Just ordered my first $2K in coins!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
But have any of ya'all had an NA order from on or after July 14th fulfilled? Mine appears to be languishing, along with my parents' order for SACs from 12th. Reason I'm asking is that AJ paid a visit to my cousin in the mean time...

Segway alert: Maybe the folks in IN are looking for some more help???

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JEUFFX6...er&scode=54926

Since the stereotypical FTer is a well motivated, self-starter with a yearning for success and accomplishment, and we excel in a team-oriented environment, perhaps we could offer our collective assistance... In Steven Covey's/7 Habits terms, it's a clear win-win! I'll take the first weekend day shift.

Back OT: any NAs ordered after 14 July and arrived?
Yeah, I've had two orders of $1k each that were placed on 7/19 and got them a few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.