Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ejs621
I have never placed a phone order. I login and purchase on the web every 10 days (10th, 20th etc.) I have had NO problems ordering with this method.
I really don't understand why people are calling and talking to misinformed CSRs.

Cheers!
I place some orders online and others over the phone

And to the person saying that because the coins were backordered, they haven't ordered more... the rule is 10 days from the order date, not ship date or credit card charge date. If you place another order now it'll work (I've done it several times w/backorders).
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benmaller
Why are you ordering the Sacajaweas when all the others are not backordered?

My NA's orders have been shipping in 3-4 days consistently
The guy ordered it on 7/5. Everything was backordered during that time. He just had the misfortune picked the one that did not resume to normal shipment.

The period between late June and early July was the Mint did their auditing. May be Sacagewea has some issues discovered during the audit so it cannot be released again until the numbers are reconciled.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
For any of you who have ordered just one box ($250) in an order...

How do these get shipped? I've heard USPS, is that true?

Also, is a signature required on these just like they are on the UPS packages of >$300?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Today when I placed an order, the CSR said that the rule is 10 calendar days (after a CSR told me yesterday that it was 10 business days) and there is a notice that pops up if the person has ordered in the "last 9 calendar days". I got the impression though, that the CSR can override it and place the order anyway, but it may be canceled later down the line.

As for the comments about an account vs guest... I've never created an account because I think it gives them an extra level of tracking ability. I really don't think it matters though because if you call the place the order over the phone, they have all of your information saved anyway. They'll ask you if you've ordered before and then ask for your zip code and last name. That information brings up your file.... email, phone & billing address.
Just out of curiosity, why are you placing your orders via phone rather than online?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by ejs621
I have never placed a phone order. I login and purchase on the web every 10 days (10th, 20th etc.) I have had NO problems ordering with this method.
I really don't understand why people are calling and talking to misinformed CSRs.

Cheers!
Congratulations on your success with your proven ordering technique.
My experience has not been the same as yours so I called and asked to speak to "misinformed" CS reps in order to clarify the new 10 day policy.
Does this present a problem for your tried and proven method ?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Just out of curiosity, why are you placing your orders via phone rather than online?
It's part of my "system"...
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Congratulations on your success with your proven ordering technique.
My experience has not been the same as yours so I called and asked to speak to "misinformed" CS reps in order to clarify the new 10 day policy.
Does this present a problem for your tried and proven method ?
I think that if you would have spent the time to read all of the posts concerning calls to the US Mint, whether it be for an order or to ask a question, you would have seen that the answers from the CSRs run from 10 calendar days to 10 business days, to date of purchase, date of shipment, date of credit card charge. I hardly think this "clarifies" anything! Thus the "misinformed" label for the CSRs.

Secondarily, I am not the one with the "problem."

Cheers!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

It's part of my "system"...
I shall sit at the seat of my master and observe
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I shall sit at the seat of my master and observe
I'm not saying that I'm the master at all... I'm just saying that it's a part of my system and so far it seems to be working.

I'm using 3 addresses and getting $5k/10 days (could be getting $6k, but that 3rd address it's almost more effort than it's worth for another $1k)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not saying that I'm the master at all... I'm just saying that it's a part of my system and so far it seems to be working.

I'm using 3 addresses and getting $5k/10 days (could be getting $6k, but that 3rd address it's almost more effort than it's worth for another $1k)
Well, that's definitely better than what I'm getting. I have one cc billing to my office so I can double up.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
1000 Sacajaweas ordered 7/5, backorder date is now 7/28. At this rate it will be hard to do more than $1K / month.

And the Sacajaweas are the ones they're supposed to be emphasizing!
I was in the same situation, I just canceled the order and placed a new one with different coin set. Worked great.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:05 am

For any of you who have ordered just one box ($250) in an order...

How do these get shipped? I've heard USPS, is that true?

Also, is a signature required on these just like they are on the UPS packages of >$300?

Thanks a lot!
Received an order today of one box ($250). The final delivery was USPS and it was just left on the front porch. No signature required.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:02 am
Suspended

When you say 3 addresses, do you mean billing or shipping? I'm using 3 cards, each with a different billing address. I haven't figured out how to get more than $1k/10day per billing address
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
When you say 3 addresses, do you mean billing or shipping? I'm using 3 cards, each with a different billing address. I haven't figured out how to get more than $1k/10day per billing address
2 different CC billing addresses & 1 address that is not a CC billing address, but is receiving coins
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: spg gold
What I think you guys are saying is the monitoring agent is the billing address. If that's true, why don't you just log into your credit card, change the billing address, order the coins, wait until the card is processed and coins are shipped, then go back and log into your credit card change your address back. Rinse and repeat. Your billing address selection would then be unlimited because you would only use it for a day or two at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.