Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Were they going through before? When did they start rejecting them and were you notified or were your orders just cancelled?
Yes. The rejections only started when they went to the $1k/10 day limit. Prior to that, it was fine
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Sorry if this has been answered, but are people getting their coins through USPS now, or is it still UPS?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver
whizbee...
I got $500NA on Tuesday via UPS. Cell phone notificataion with a tracking number also.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by whizbee
Sorry if this has been answered, but are people getting their coins through USPS now, or is it still UPS?
UPS for me.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Thanks, when did you guys order?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:17 pm

Ordered 500 Native Am. 7/7 delivered via UPS 7/13.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Placed an order for $1k of Washingtons on 7/11. On 7/12 got an email saying they were backordered until 7/27. Coins shipped 7/14 UPS next day air and delivered 7/15. So I guess that's business as usual: The new shipping policy isn't being consistently applied and the backorder estimates are still useless.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Ordered 500 Native Am. 7/7 delivered via UPS 7/13.
AmX closed 7/14 and the 500 DL miles appeared today (7/16).
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:18 am

Bank choice

My order just showed up of the 1000 NA's. only ordered monday i believe. Speedy delivery. I dont want to make my little bank for my office to have to tolerate all the coins... I am curious how some of you address the fact of depositing thousands in coins with the bank? any good ways to do it, or to explain the quantities?

I was thinking of just telling them i am a coin freak and am looking for a certain type of flawed coin from the mint (they are priceless i will say ). I am a gomer im aware, just curious how some of you address it. (im in a smaller area so not huge corporate US banks that have 100's of employees. normally just a few rotating tellers etc... (still have BOa and Us bank though)

Your input is greatly appreciated as i am depositing this afternoon after work.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by lukeswenson
I was thinking of just telling them i am a coin freak and am looking for a certain type of flawed coin from the mint (they are priceless i will say ).
That won't reallly work if you're depositing unopened rolls. And opening them all up to make that excuse work might cause the bank to refuse them.

I just tell the teller that I rent out a room and the boarder pays me in dollar coins because he can buy them with a credit card -- and I don't take credit.

Last edited by jcb10; Jul 16, 2010 at 8:44 am Reason: fixed html
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:49 am

but if im opening the rolls and depositing them into the coin counting machine?
but how do i do the 'rent' thing if im doing it a couple times a month?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Heck, if your bank's got a coin-counting machine (none of my local branches do) then I don't see why any explaination other than "I save up my coins" is needed.

As for the rent, I have three Citibank branches within a 10-minute drive, so I spread it around.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
My order just showed up of the 1000 NA's. only ordered monday i believe. Speedy delivery. I dont want to make my little bank for my office to have to tolerate all the coins... I am curious how some of you address the fact of depositing thousands in coins with the bank? any good ways to do it, or to explain the quantities?

I was thinking of just telling them i am a coin freak and am looking for a certain type of flawed coin from the mint (they are priceless i will say ). I am a gomer im aware, just curious how some of you address it. (im in a smaller area so not huge corporate US banks that have 100's of employees. normally just a few rotating tellers etc... (still have BOa and Us bank though)

Your input is greatly appreciated as i am depositing this afternoon after work.
You could search this thread and find out for yourself.

IMO in this case honesty is the best policy which is that you buy these coins for credit card rewards.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
If your using a coin counting machine just throw in some spare change to avoid exact number deposits. In other words, instead of of $1,000 make it $1,000.27.
The tellers will usually remark about "Wow, that's alot of change." I usually shrug my shoulders and reply, "Yes, it is." I've never felt the need yo give a further explanation.

Cheers!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Placed an order for $1k of Washingtons on 7/11. On 7/12 got an email saying they were backordered until 7/27. Coins shipped 7/14 UPS next day air and delivered 7/15. So I guess that's business as usual: The new shipping policy isn't being consistently applied and the backorder estimates are still useless.
Same exact situation here. We got a box the other day and I asked my husband what was in it because it was addressed to him. He said, "did you feel it? it has to be coins." I said, "That's funny since they were backordered and not due to ship til 7/27."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.