Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pawtim
So, if we're looking for unimportant things about which to discuss or complain-- how about glue?

Lately I've been getting a lot of (little) boxes that haven't been glued at all, and the rolls are outside of the (little) boxes, often broken open with loose coins. So far, the grand total is spot on, btw.

I don't like these "no glue" boxes, but I also dislike the other extreme; those boxes that seem super-glued.
My last boxes had paper tape keeping each $250 pack shut. I had to use a box knife on 'em.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by deant
If you were not able to get points / miles for the coins do you think this thread would be the least bit active?????

From now on, please read at least some of the thread before you ask a question.
I thought that since i didnt read the whole tread would mean to someone as smart as u that i read some of the tread and the whole people getting cards cancelled etc... Oh well, thank u for ur answer
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by miller4isu
If they would allow the order I would gladly take every one of those starpoints, I mean coins. Thanks for thinking of me.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:33 am

The glue is the reason for the backorder status. The mint knows it's a problem (or PBGS does) and is working in the fix.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by SuperW2
88 MPH and 1.21 Gigawatts...
What he actually said was "Jigawatts"
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
oh my! that would be a whole new game of "find the dollar coins" amongst the foam peanuts. the shipping company would have to put the loose coins in the box in such a way to keep them from making noise per the USPS rules. i admit that the above sounded much funnier in my head.
You get foam peanuts? I get brown paper all stuffed in the empty spots.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by pkerr
You get foam peanuts? I get brown paper all stuffed in the empty spots.
no, i get the same brown paper in the box. i was just thinking about how the shipping company could possibly keep loose coins from making noise. yeah funny sounding in my head does not equal funny in a forum post.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:33 am

Taxes

Well, I've been buying some coins, and really trying to put them into circulation by using them for transactions at places that don't take cards. The rest, I'm depositing at my local community bank (but not immediately), which has not objected, and just accepts the rolls without counting. But then I got to thinking about taxes, and sure enough I see that there are numerous FTs ahead of me. I see the points about property taxes, but for those of us that have to pay estimated taxes quarterly, what experience have others had with their state and the IRS?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Is it Odd for 1 of the (4) 250 box orders (The JAMES MADISON that was supposedly backordered, but shipped anyhow) to be coming FedEx Ground with a estimated delivery date next week (shipped yesterday from INDIANAPOLIS, IN and now sitting in EARTH CITY, MO)?

This is only my 2nd order, but the first were next day and UPS, not FEDEX.

SW2
Bump for ?... should I be worried, should I call the mint?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by monsrt
I thought that since i didnt read the whole tread would mean to someone as smart as u that i read some of the tread and the whole people getting cards cancelled etc... Oh well, thank u for ur answer
Maybe read the FAQ at the top of the forum?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Bump for ?... should I be worried, should I call the mint?
Would not be worried. Shipments of only 1 box are shipped ground.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Originally Posted by deant
Would not be worried. Shipments of only 1 box are shipped ground.
Ok, thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
What a DISASTER this new policy has been.

All my orders have been getting canceled even though I have exemptions on the ordering limits.

I'm actually out of coins as of yesterday at the car washes.

The Federal Government cant even process and ship coins out properly and they want to run health care? Sigh.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:29 am

rajuabju I wonder if you should place phone orders instead.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by rajuabju
The Federal Government cant even process and ship coins out properly and they want to run health care? Sigh.
Well, the US Federal Government does a pretty good job of (for example) running the postal service, defending the country, and organizing our airspace. I think shipping coins properly to a (small?) businessperson is probably low on the totem pole.

The US Mint making mistakes on your exemptions is small potatoes compared to other things, from my perspective. I'm sure it can be dealt with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.