Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by mareh
I placed a $1000 order for Native American coins on Sunday, using a recently obtained Visa that also has other charges on it. Just checked and the order is on hold, even though it also says "in stock and reserved". It's been six months or so since my husband or I last ordered, so it has nothing to do with the ten day waiting period. Is this normal?
Yes, give it a week unless its the 2001 NAs, those can take awhile.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by mrpickles
Shush up! It's every 10 days just like everyone else.
It's spelled mrpickles.
MrPickles (aka the man) is following the rules just like everyone else. There's no way around the iron clad system the mint has setup... even if you are ane exempt shipper.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
Yes, give it a week unless its the 2001 NAs, those can take awhile.
Oh, good. Thanks for the information! It's been a while since I 've ordered, and I couldn't find a good post about it when I did a search.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by brasov02
I'm actually surprised no one has started a discussion on whether your UPS guy usually knocks on the door or rings the doorbell. What do you think the ratio would be? By all means, let's get back to it...
My UPSpeeps always ring... twice. Is that bad?

Thanks for the feedback everyone else.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by mareh
I placed a $1000 order for Native American coins on Sunday, using a recently obtained Visa that also has other charges on it. Just checked and the order is on hold, even though it also says "in stock and reserved". It's been six months or so since my husband or I last ordered, so it has nothing to do with the ten day waiting period. Is this normal?
I ordered the same as you last week and the status shows the same. I expect it will change the status towards the end of the week for you.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by weinskkb
I ordered the same as you last week and the status shows the same. I expect it will change the status towards the end of the week for you.
I've been on instock and reserved status for about two weeks. Not sure what is up there. Usually, i get shipped less than 2 days after being put on the in stock and reserved status.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Vuelos
MrPickles (aka the man) is following the rules just like everyone else. There's no way around the iron clad system the mint has setup... even if you are ane exempt shipper.
Actually.....there is a way around. The rules say $1000.00 per 10 days. But you can have say multiple credit cards that feed back to the same FF or Points program and set up each card to a different billing and shipping address. Then use authorized user cards for each order and have them shipped to the billing address for each credit card.

Billing address could be a neighbor or relative, your office, storage facility, yacht club, golf club etc. I would suggest that you go with paperless billing for the credit cards.

In MY OPINION THIS IS JUST WAY TOO MUCH WORk AND TROUBLE TO KEEP EVERYTHING IN ORDER for so little payback.

And, this is NOT the technique that I use to currently get about 7-8k per month.

My current method is very basic obvious and if you are even the dumbest FTr you should be able to figure it out without me holding your hand.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
how obvious is it ?

now I feel just plain Stupid.

How about a hint...

Last edited by beachmiles; Jul 27, 2010 at 7:40 pm
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:45 pm

You could also just use a PO Box,
My local mailing station give you a "suite" instead of a PO Box number. They informed me that any box mailed to them larger then your actual mailing box is put in the back room and you give your name and box number when picking up your mail... they go back and pick it up. They told me they do not care what Suite number is used for larger packages, as long as it has my full name on the address.

Have one box shipped to your house and the other or possibly others shipped to the suite address. Also, you do not have to worry about being there for the delivery.

$1,000 every 10 days seems reasonable, better than nothing at all. They seem to be shipping fairly quickly compared to about 7 months ago.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by beachmiles
now I feel just plain Stupid.

How about a hint...
Doesn't your "spouse" have an authorized user card and a work address?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks. I see.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by longleaf
I've been on instock and reserved status for about two weeks. Not sure what is up there. Usually, i get shipped less than 2 days after being put on the in stock and reserved status.
Does your order show as "on hold" or "in process"? If it is still on hold that generally indicates a credit card issue, either the number was incorrect or charge declined but more likley is a violation of the 10 day rule. MY experience has been that it is easier to cancel and reorder.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, UA 1P, Hyatt Passport Diamond, SPG Gold
Just got my first order in which were 4 boxes of the John Adams coins. I kept one roll out of the box and have been using them in different places in my area, so I'm definitely doing my part in circulating them around. The coins are great for metro fares and vending machines around here.

Although it said 1-2 weeks to ship, it actually went out in about 3 days and got them pretty fast via UPS. Probably be making my next order in a few days.

Last edited by aquastar831; Jul 28, 2010 at 10:47 pm Reason: Requested to edit
Old Jul 28, 2010, 8:52 am

Is it 10 days from the last ship date that you can order again, or 10 days from last order date?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Just trying to get the latest information - Is it OK to use Starwood Amex card to buy the dollar coins so that it is treated as a purchase?

I have not done coin purchases for over a year, so not sure of what the current policies with the credit card companies are.

Could not quite figure out how to search for this - so any help appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.