Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
dayone - I rarely go to the bank during business hours. I just (foolishly) thought that getting a few rolls delivered to my house would be as easy as buying anything else online.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Carl Johnson - When I called them to ask why my $500 order kept getting canceled they seemed to have no clue. She kept saying, "oh that happens sometimes, I'm not sure why". I doubt an email would have achieved much more.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StevenH123
Carl Johnson - When I called them to ask why my $500 order kept getting canceled they seemed to have no clue. She kept saying, "oh that happens sometimes, I'm not sure why". I doubt an email would have achieved much more.
You could easily be right of course, but my reasoning is, they will allow you to buy more than the limit if you have an acceptable reason, and the procedure they set up for telling them your reason involves sending an email. So maybe the email gets seen by somebody whose job it is to allow or cancel orders.

Of course, as you suggest, it isn't that big a deal whether you get the coins or not. And as you can see from the various plaintive posts from people who have been prevented from busting the limit, once you get the coin fever it's hard to cure. So maybe it's better that you just stay away. It's too late for me. . .
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:37 am

I received 2 boxes yesterday.

Order was placed about 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS // SPG Plat // Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Scooby3597
I received 2 boxes yesterday.

Order was placed about 2 weeks ago.
+1 here for the NA coins.

thought i might have blown it since this was the initial spend on my new ba 100k card but so far looks like i'm in the clear. will tread lightly until things become clearer in regards to chase and amex cancelling cards.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:11 pm

No problems with getting NAs, 2 weeks ago, $5k, used that card before in 2009, i don't plan to order any more until the limit changes or something really good pops up.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:17 pm

I received two boxes of NA's last week. I've ordered quite a few time in the past, but nothing in the past few months.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Miami305
There seems to be a lot of people who are saying that their orders are canceled. Who here has SUCCESSFULLY placed orders within the past 2 weeks?
To go a step further, has anyone been successful with ordering more than the cumulative household limits for any of the particular coins starting around the first of this year?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
BO TJ's posted. This may be my last dance with the old gal .
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by jjwjjw
To go a step further, has anyone been successful with ordering more than the cumulative household limits for any of the particular coins starting around the first of this year?
Nope. This baby is good for 8K in CC spending, per household, per year.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Nope. This baby is good for 8K in CC spending, per household, per year.
While I've yet to put any stress tests on the mint during 2010, I'd be willing to bet that there are still workarounds, even for the few of us that don't own theme parks.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
While I've yet to put any stress tests on the mint during 2010, I'd be willing to bet that there are still workarounds, even for the few of us that don't own theme parks.
There are several workarounds, but they are really only short term methods. If you are going to try and go over your allotted amount given by the USmint, it is better to do it on your own free time and not post asking or telling about these methods.

The focus should be on if people are getting their coins, what is and what is not working with them, shipping delays and such. Staying under the rules. I don't want to see this program go away because people are trying to challenge the program to get more and more. Better to have a limited program than no program at all.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: none
Danbury Mint Infomercial

Has anyone seen the late night TV informercial ad selling uncirculated one-dollar Presidential coins? I believe they will give you 12 coins in a clear plastic display roll for only $34.95.

But Wait, There's More:
They will include a bonus coin, AND a hand crafted wooden box to display them. Wow, that's 13 coins in all.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
There are several workarounds, but they are really only short term methods.
Roger on the first part of your sentence; not so sure about the second.

The way I see it, anyone with a heartbeat has the ability to unearth loopholes on their own.

Simply denying that they exist -- or going overboard about the "circulation" issue -- will do little to extend the longevity of the program.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been stuck here for a few days:

"X units backordered. Expected to ship on 02/01/2010."

I think my credit card has been authorized, but I can't see the charger yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.