Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I placed an order on 3/30 (NA) & then another on 4/1 (Prez) -- both in process. I don't see why you can't place another order -- as long as you have credit available on the card -- go for it!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:55 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by friedice
You can place as many orders as you want as long as you meet the requirement of 2 boxes max per president and 20 boxes max for NA coins, at least in a short time span. If you wait a little while after your orders with the maxed out presidents come in, you can make repeat orders of the same presidents and there's a good chance U'll get them too.
can you use the same credit card? i'm reading that people are maxing out on different credit cards.

my credit card does not have a pending charge on it. took a week.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ecq
can you use the same credit card? i'm reading that people are maxing out on different credit cards.

my credit card does not have a pending charge on it. took a week.
I used different cards myself, so I wouldn't know. But logically, I don't see why not. Officially they say that the limit is per address, but they haven't enforced it thoroughly. My orders were all under the same name and address, although different CCs. One would assume that if they wanted to enforce their rule, they would look at the address first.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Wow! Just received a note that one of my orders shipped today. That's right - shipping on Sunday. One month to the day since I placed the order. The mint must be working overtime to fill orders.

The e-mail gave me tracking information but USPS and UPS don't show any tracking for the number. Maybe tomorrow.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
FINALLY!! My 02-15 (yes February) order of the NA coins shipped today (per the email I just received).
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Me three -- just received an order placed more than a month ago.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:52 pm

I also received notification that my order shipped today. I placed this order on 3/23. Nice to know that the mint is working hard to fill orders.

alextktan
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
My 16 March order shipped today.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:32 pm

I don't see any particular pattern or sequence in which orders are being processed. From the last 5 posters we have: 3/5, 2/15, 3/1-5, 3/23, 3/16.
Can anyone deduce a formula from that? Would be nice to calculate when my 3/20 orders will be shipped based on that formula.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by friedice
I don't see any particular pattern or sequence in which orders are being processed. From the last 5 posters we have: 3/5, 2/15, 3/1-5, 3/23, 3/16.
Can anyone deduce a formula from that? Would be nice to calculate when my 3/20 orders will be shipped based on that formula.
Mine order was for 10 boxes of NAs. But the other order, made on the same day, for various presidents has not shipped - but at least they now say it is in process instead of "waiting for credit and address verification".
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:27 pm

I had some NA coins ship as well today (well "Sunday" but was picked up today to be delivered tomorrow)!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Trouble checking status on-line @ the Mint?

I was trying to check the status on my order, but every time I click 'track order' after signing in, it goes to a blank page (some sort of error).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Got notification... US Mint shipped 2 boxes of Native American coins to myself... ordered on 3/17 (several more boxes) but it put the others on a waitlist of sorts...

Will see how long it takes to get to ANC...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
I was trying to check the status on my order, but every time I click 'track order' after signing in, it goes to a blank page (some sort of error).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
If you want to track your order, you need to create an account with the US Mint. According to the homepage, "Track Order" feature now available to registered users.

alextktan
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
just got confirmation that my order placed on 3/23 has shipped...before the order placed at the beginning of the month. i love how the us mint has such terrible timing. it's suppose to arrive tomorrow just as my entire household heads out of town. i hope it will arrive before we all leave or else im gonna have to leave a note to tell them to leave it with my neighbor who will be picking up the mail while we're away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.