Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Andy2
Here is the problem I see with backorders. I was trying to understand why some of my recent orders were going on hold forever. The Mint agent said the code was "Credit Card Denied Due to Excessive Use", but my credit card company had no idea what they were talking about. I spoke with a higher-up and he said that code was actually a Mint code when an order occurs within 10 days of the last time the Mint processed a card involving that address. In other words, the 10 day window isn't necessarily from the Order Date, it is from the Mint's date of credit card processing. If orders are backordered and the Mint doesn't internally process the credit card until the backorder clears, it will delay the 10 day wait and make it difficult to order 3 batches a month.
Only a government agent would be so creative as to do business this way.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have always joked around with friends about how bad it would be if I was carrying a bunch of coins in my trunk and I got rear ended...

Well guess what happened today!!! Luckily the coins stayed in the box and not all over the road.

Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by r.brown
I have always joked around with friends about how bad it would be if I was carrying a bunch of coins in my trunk and I got rear ended...

Well guess what happened today!!! Luckily the coins stayed in the box and not all over the road.
Was thinking the same thing today. The coins in the trunk of my car were worth more than the car.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by drdomore
i had placed an order for $2000 worth of coins a long time ago. we were traveling internationally and were out of the country when ups tried to deliver it three times. we were not around so after a week of holding the package was sent back to US Mint. Did anyone else have a similar experience? I want to find out how and if my money will be refunded to my credit card. Do I need to call them or will it be done automatically? Thanks
It should be automatically. I would fill out a claim form to be on the safe side. I've been down this road a few times. The first time it took 3 months to resolve.

Claim form
http://catalog.usmint.gov/wcsstore/C...US/CNRForm.pdf
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:57 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by r.brown

Yikes! I hope no one was injured and that no coins escaped.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 3:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by deant
Was thinking the same thing today. The coins in the trunk of my car were worth more than the car.
Wow... quite a statement

Ordered 1K of 01' Sacajawea's on 6/25, delivered 7/2 via UPS... (order date was before possible shipping change)
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Has anybody had experience with the UPS shipment not being delivered by 10:30 AM the day that it's supposed to be?

I was supposed to get $1k coins on Friday, but the UPS guy didn't come until 7:49 PM and I wasn't there to sign for the package. So, now I need to wait until Tuesday to get it.

So, is there any recourse that can be taken that would be to my advantage? Isn't the shipment "guaranteed" to be there by 10:30 AM?

Just wondering if anybody has any knowledge in this area?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:36 am

When UPS doesn't meet their shipping guarantee, it's the shipper who benefits--they should get their shipping refunded, so no benefit to you that I can see.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Are you sure the UPS driver didn't come by twice that day?

They have a specific route they need to follow (remember the news that they were minimizing left turns?), but my driver swings by at the end of his shift as well, since it's easier for me to be there in the evenings.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Everything is backordered now.

I tried to place an order early this a.m. when it still showed Jacksons available 6/28, but the web site hiccuped and couldn't find/place orders (I've seen that on other occasions late at night). Now Jacksons are also backordered.

I ended up placing an order for Sacajaweas, hopefully available 7/12.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Just had an email come through from the USMint stating they Andrew Jackson coins I ordered are on back order and won't ship until July 20th.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Yes, I'm sure that the UPS driver didn't show up until 7:49 because I was at my house awaiting his shipment until about 4, then I went out. He didn't show up at all and when I got back late at night, there was the slip that he had been there. On the UPS tracking site, it says that the time he attempted to deliver is 7:49.

If there is not really a benefit to me, I probably won't even bother to call and make mention of it. If it were a "regular" person shipping to me, I'd call and make sure they got the money back, but since it's the Mint and they're making like $.90+ each, I'm not too worried about it. lol
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe
Just had an email come through from the USMint stating they Andrew Jackson coins I ordered are on back order and won't ship until July 20th.
I got the same thing. Hopefully they'll be shipped a little before then, but I got the email that they won't be available till the 20th too.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I got the same thing. Hopefully they'll be shipped a little before then, but I got the email that they won't be available till the 20th too.
The mint's backorder dates are woefully inaccurate. I have seen that before and they shipped my coins within a week of the order. Watch your order status - you'll get a better idea when it will ship.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:49 am

Yeah, the dates on there certainly aren't 100% correct, but many times I get my coins shipped right on the date that they say they will. So, hopefully, this will be one of the times where they ship early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.