Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatMike
I have a $1,000 order that shows it was shipped yesterday UPS, but the UPS tracking # on the Mint order does not show up on the UPS site as valid.
Last year I had orders that have tracking numbers for 2 days before UPS finally received the "billing info".

Received an order today still via UPS Next Day Air.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I wonder if the new shipping method will apply to orders that are currently "in the queue" or just new orders going forward...?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:46 pm

I have an order from 6/24 still saying in process. Anyone place an order on or after 6/24 that's been shipped yet?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:53 pm

NEW shipping wording cut and pasted from mint website.....

"Packages valued at $300 or more, containing precious metal products (platinum, gold, silver) are upgraded to expedited shipping free of charge (does not include Ciruclating $1 Direct Ship Rolls)."

Now, when you place an order, it says standard shipping (free), but lets you edit the shipping option and pay extra for expedited (UPS) shipping (which none of us would do with a $1,000 order).

Note how they spelled "circulating" on the Mint website. I'm assuming that it is new and they haven't bothered to correct the spelling yet.
Where are you seeing this on the website, as I do NOT see this language on the shipping information & returns policy page
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

NEW shipping wording cut and pasted from mint website.....

"Packages valued at $300 or more, containing precious metal products (platinum, gold, silver) are upgraded to expedited shipping free of charge (does not include Ciruclating $1 Direct Ship Rolls)."

Now, when you place an order, it says standard shipping (free), but lets you edit the shipping option and pay extra for expedited (UPS) shipping (which none of us would do with a $1,000 order).

Note how they spelled "circulating" on the Mint website. I'm assuming that it is new and they haven't bothered to correct the spelling yet.
If this is the new method for "ciruclating" coins, I like it!! Before, I couldn't ship to my house because the UPS site is 40 minutes away and we're never home during the day to get the coins. So I could only use my work address. However our post office box at the end of our street has a ~14" x 14" x 14" locked box for packages where I can get them any time of the night!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by jlgrandam
Where are you seeing this on the website, as I do NOT see this language on the shipping information & returns policy page
https://answers.usmint.gov/cgi-bin/u...hp?p_faqid=147
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:02 pm

Huh, they must not have updated the shipping info homepage yet. This is a SAD day for me..
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Isn't UPS Smart Post is trackable up to the point at which UPS delivers to your local post office for final delivery? I get a lot of packages from Amazon that I track through UPS where the USPS does the final delivery.

I'm going to look at enlarging my mail slot into something that will accept packages. Plan B might be to have my mail held when I am expecting one of these deliveries.

I had planned on placing an order every 10 days as much as possible but will scale that back if it starts being a hassle.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chimmy826
I have an order from 6/24 still saying in process. Anyone place an order on or after 6/24 that's been shipped yet?

Thanks!
Mine from 6/22 finally shipped yesterday
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I'm going to look at enlarging my mail slot into something that will accept packages. Plan B might be to have my mail held when I am expecting one of these deliveries.
How about getting a PO Box? Has worked quite well here
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by jlgrandam
Huh, they must not have updated the shipping info homepage yet. This is a SAD day for me..
It could be worse. They could start charging a $4.95 shipping fee.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It could be worse. They could start charging a $4.95 shipping fee.
If so, they can think about other ways to circulate the coins.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
If so, they can think about other ways to circulate the coins.
hahaha I agree. I'm ok with the USPS thing. Not a huge deal for me.

But, if they start charging for shipping, they're going to have a real issue getting rid of any coins!!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
How about getting a PO Box? Has worked quite well here
It is quite expensive in our town.

6 months rent for a 11" x 11" size is between $110 to $255.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If this is the new method for "ciruclating" coins, I like it!! Before, I couldn't ship to my house because the UPS site is 40 minutes away and we're never home during the day to get the coins. So I could only use my work address. However our post office box at the end of our street has a ~14" x 14" x 14" locked box for packages where I can get them any time of the night!
+1

Hope this is the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.