Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by milkmanmax
What do you mean when you say your account is "restricted? That you're unable to buy Amazon products like Fire, Kindle etc.? That is also the case for me, but that is the extent of my restrictions. I can live with it. I actually created a new account and was able to get Amazon product orders to go through on it. It feels like it would be pressing my luck to order for BGs through that account, but at least I'll be able to order for myself if I want to.
Yes. It's not like they notified me about any restrictions It's just that if I want to purchase any Amazon electronic products like Fire, Kindle, Ring etc I get a "We have changed your purchase quantity to maximum allowable." Even if I have never purchased that item or similar items. This has been going on for about a year.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by orionsea
I also have the quantity limit of 3 for Airpods in my Amazon account. Guess this restriction is applied to all people.
Yes, including Amazon Business accounts. I have created six Amazon Personal accounts. I found that I can purchase three AirPods for three of the accounts. When I tried to purchase some more AirPods using the fourth account, I could not even purchase one. So, my feeling is that each person (i.e., one PC) can purchase up to 9 AirPods using three different Amazon Personal accounts. I think that Amazon might have tracked my IP so that they know all these accounts are mine (I also used CCs with the same card holder for all the accounts).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by wangxinqing
Yes, including Amazon Business accounts. I have created six Amazon Personal accounts. I found that I can purchase three AirPods for three of the accounts. When I tried to purchase some more AirPods using the fourth account, I could not even purchase one. So, my feeling is that each person (i.e., one PC) can purchase up to 9 AirPods using three different Amazon Personal accounts. I think that Amazon might have tracked my IP so that they know all these accounts are mine (I also used CCs with the same card holder for all the accounts).
This is interesting. Not sure whether the same shipping address may also trigger the quantity limit.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:11 pm

Weird situation with PM. What are my options? They received a camera package I shipped them on Feb. 3. Nothing for two weeks. I filed a ticket, and they responded that it needs to be returned because it didn't come in the original box. OK, fine whatever -- I can't prove or disprove that. It came direct from the retailer. But now they're also saying one of the lenses is missing. It sounds like they just lost it in their warehouse? Or it's BS? Can I file a police report or something and say it was stolen? I don't really know how to proceed, and they're not really communicating with me. I doubt the retailer will accept it with a missing lens. I don't even really know how to get it back from them.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by teddypanthers93
Weird situation with PM. What are my options? They received a camera package I shipped them on Feb. 3. Nothing for two weeks. I filed a ticket, and they responded that it needs to be returned because it didn't come in the original box. OK, fine whatever -- I can't prove or disprove that. It came direct from the retailer. But now they're also saying one of the lenses is missing. It sounds like they just lost it in their warehouse? Or it's BS? Can I file a police report or something and say it was stolen? I don't really know how to proceed, and they're not really communicating with me. I doubt the retailer will accept it with a missing lens. I don't even really know how to get it back from them.
I had same situation with Amazon.
I contacted Amazon and told them box arrived broken and I have no idea if it has all the contents and scheduled a return. Haven't been refunded yet But I should receive the full refund.
I don't know how it is with other retailers.
if you do have issues, you should also check if the credit card you used covers anything. That is if you used a credit card.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:22 pm

Couple reports elsewhere of PM asking a lot to return items - more than usual at least. Maybe they are trying to cut losses by having us return the items. Not a good BG in my books for this shady practice.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by dwatcher
Couple reports elsewhere of PM asking a lot to return items - more than usual at least. Maybe they are trying to cut losses by having us return the items. Not a good BG in my books for this shady practice.
I have one item returned by PM in January. So far, the return process is smooth: receiving notification via ticket, sending the return label, and the return shipping started next day. Wondering whether PM is more stringent in product quality these days.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by dwatcher
every group asks ppl all the time to return. It's just not "reported" here. PM actually probably has the fastest and smoothes return process. I sent return label yesterday. They shipped it out same day.
Any item that has even just the box damaged even slightly will always be asked to return since it needs to be something someone eventually would want to buy.

I doubt these returns have anything to do with "cutting losses"
in fact the product they made me return is not available anymore for this price and I'm sure they'll gladly take more of them at the price I paid
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:10 am

Are there websites other than Amazon that won't just cancel orders sent to the PM warehouses directly? I live in a state with sales tax, so in general it's not viable for me to order things to my person address and then ship them to PM (in addition to the hassle of the process). I'm new to this game and thought I had done well on a recent Dell deal, but ended up getting my orders quickly cancelled. Do people in my position just eat the sales tax as the cost of the points, or are there other ways around this?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:00 pm

Red face

hey,
any info on this @kevin
What is sbg, im looking for a fast group
Clueless12, reallove and neo848943 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:37 pm

If commission is offered, is that per order or per item? (E.g $5 for an airpod, if I buy 5 will I get $25?)
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by swordswallower69
If commission is offered, is that per order or per item? (E.g $5 for an airpod, if I buy 5 will I get $25?)
Usually, it is per item.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:24 pm

Ugh, I don't live in a tax free state (for shipping to home/pick up) and it seems like Walmart, Best Buy, and Dell are auto-cancels. Not sure if anyone has any tips except move to another state
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
To minimize orders getting cancelled, modify the shipping address to something they haven't seen before. Ex. if the bg address is 123 Main St. ship your order to 123R Main St, Suite XY . Works often for me.

Last edited by rxgeek; Feb 25, 2022 at 5:42 pm Reason: Adding intro
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
To minimize orders getting cancelled, modify the shipping address to something they haven't seen before. Ex. if the bg address is 123 Main St. ship your order to 123R Main St, Suite XY . Works often for me.
No issues with orders not being delivered? I'll take a look at that. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.