Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL, UN, UR,
Originally Posted by mo2rose
Thanks for the info.

Personally, I keep Chase (or any bank I care for) far away from Buying Groups. too much value in their CC products to risk being shut down.
Agreed that is a good idea. We have many local banks that offer good signup bonuses as well.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalGreen
USA Buying Group send me and email that my package (delivered in early Dec) was rejected because of damaged items. The package contained 2 different items (1 tablet and 12 Roku sticks) so I asked them exactly which item needs to be returned. No replies.
Walmart's return window closes tomorrow, what should I do? I've let them know multiple times about the time constrain of returning the items but still no updates to the ticket.
From USA, I'm not getting any replies. def not timely .

Why don't you start a return for all just to be safe and then contact WM later if you don't need to return some items.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:47 am

This is a first out of many years with BGs..

MYS requested a return label a month ago as the item was damaged. I sent them a return label same day as they requested it. They still haven't returned the item. Every time I open a ticket to ask them, they say they will send it off in the next few days.

Previous experience with MYS and other BGs, they usually ship it off within a week of receiving the return label
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by pennywaltz
This is a first out of many years with BGs..

MYS requested a return label a month ago as the item was damaged. I sent them a return label same day as they requested it. They still haven't returned the item. Every time I open a ticket to ask them, they say they will send it off in the next few days.

Previous experience with MYS and other BGs, they usually ship it off within a week of receiving the return label
Annoying.
But as long as they ship it out before label expires you should be fine.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:57 pm

From USA, I'm not getting any replies. def not timely .

Why don't you start a return for all just to be safe and then contact WM later if you don't need to return some items.
They did reply me today at the last minute, said it's only 1x of the Roku that's damaged. That created a new situation because they haven't credited my account for the other 11x Roku and 1x Samsung Galaxy yet which were in same package..
I think I'm done with UBG, hopefully they'll give me a resolution for those items and the 2 other packages they lost (still no reply since last year Nov...)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalGreen
They did reply me today at the last minute, said it's only 1x of the Roku that's damaged. That created a new situation because they haven't credited my account for the other 11x Roku and 1x Samsung Galaxy yet which were in same package..
I think I'm done with UBG, hopefully they'll give me a resolution for those items and the 2 other packages they lost (still no reply since last year Nov...)
Agreed. The only thing going for them for DE shipments is that they have a lot of "deals"
But their process, "lost packages" and CS is by far the worst.
I unsubscribed from their WhatsApp and Email deals so that I shouldn't even be tempted...
If I need to do some spend for cc SUB etc. I have many better options
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:41 am

Perhaps this doesn't belong on this forum but has anyone had issues with banks freezing shutting them down after depositing checks from BG's?
I've had no problem using Ally for a couple years and a few weeks ago they shut me down. So I opened Sofi, deposited a few checks and now SoFi account is frozen.
Did banks perhaps flag a group?
They don't say why. just "suspicious activity"
The only recent change I can think of is I used to only deposit from MYS, USA and PM. and this BF I added BFMR, EMB and TBD. .
Did you deposit Sofi checks with mobile deposit? It gets flagged if you make large mobile deposits into a new account
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:27 pm

Going on 8th calendar day for check request from MYS
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by dwatcher
Going on 8th calendar day for check request from MYS
Keep waiting I recently waited 15 days
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:04 am

MYS Joy

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Keep waiting I recently waited 15 days
Yeah, unfortunately mine have been right at the 15 day mark lately as well. Not the end of the world, but still a little annoying.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:16 am

I've finally had it with EMB. The final straw was their refusal to honor a commission deal they advertised in December.
So...my experience with them recapped:
Pro: sometimes more deals than other groups, or extended for longer.
Very fast scanning.
Very fast at issuing checks once requested (sometimes matter of hours).

Con: sometimes they claim package not received, or incorrect quantities, despite vendor says otherwise. Very very hard to get traction on resolving those issues, and they never yield in your favor.
Support is absolutely a disaster. Takes weeks to get a response to a ticket, and sometimes after waiting so long, they tell you to contact them on WhatsApp. Why even have a ticketing system then... that actually they send you over if you contact them on WhatsApp. LOL.
So, resolving any issues (incorrect payment, commissions, missing items) takes weeks and they almost never have been satisfactory.

I'm going to stick with groups that at least care and do an honest effort to resolve issues (TDB ranks first here).
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:28 am

I use the "big 4" buying groups and am happy to share my honest opinion of them after 1+ year of using them all. Keep in mind I only do the Amazon deals with the exception of consoles that I have shipped to home before throwing a label on a box and shipping it out to the buying group (since that is still profitable).

BFMR: Lot of people say they are the best, and I'd agree to an extent. The fact that they do same-day scan-ins and next day payouts is amazing and really takes a lot of the hassle out of the reselling game. They don't have quite as many deals as the next BG I'll discuss, but anytime the price is the exact same for an item across all BGs, I'll almost always choose BFMR simply due to the fact that I'll be paid out the quickest for it. Like many BGs, BFMR is trending towards more of a below cost Amazon deal place with a few exceptions.

TDB: They started incredibly strong as a new BG in 2021 but have now grown to a point where they are a bit slower on scan-ins and payouts then what made them great in the beginning. However, they are still leagues better than MYS and PM. TDB by far has the most deals (even more than BFMR) and if you are a member of their discord, you can usually compare rates between their website and the discord and open tickets to get price matches. It is a hassle sure, but it's an option no other BGs offer. They also issue free labels for consoles, so they are my sole recipient of consoles when I get them. They have multiple areas across the country that you can ship your consoles too, and these are typically same-day scan-ins. Shipping to their oregon warehouse is still backlogged and takes a few days, probably because of how popular they've got (Assuming they are taking business away from MYS and PM). They also rarely offer below-cost deals and always seem to try and do their best to offer at-cost prices, which I appreciate. They also offer ACH.

MYS: Probably the worst of the bunch, however as of late they have been posting the most deals (even if they below cost) such as Apple Watches and iPads. There are ways to still be profitable with below cost deals, but the whole point is to make money, so anytime the BG decides to scrape 2% off the top for themselves, it makes me annoyed. I also hate encouraging that behavior by shipping them below cost deals, but sometimes you have spend to meet quickly. I probably shipped the most to them in January compared to the other groups. They were seemingly scanning in within 3 days or so, but they appear to have fallen off the past few days. Their December was awful though--probably went 3+ weeks to scan in after Black Friday and another 2+ weeks to receive your check.

PM: Pretty identical to MYS except their deals have been nonexistent as of late. They do offer ACH, which MYS doesn't, so at least there's that, but payout requests since Black Friday have easily been 2+ weeks.
innerspace and reallove like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:31 am

PM takes 2+ weeks to scan recently, although they do reply to tickets fast doesn't seem to be copy and pasting a script.

EMB is the worst BG I've came across. I know their deals are tempting but anytime you run into a issue you can pretty much not even bother sending them a message because they won't help.
I've heard many reports of them "losing" packages and I've experienced it first hand myself. Any tickets you open won't have a reply for weeks and usually results in either "please whatsapp us" or "no we didn't receive".

No issues with TDB, BFMR and SBG (fast becoming my favorite).
menten likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
How does one receive an invite to the TDB Discord server?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
How does one receive an invite to the TDB Discord server?
https://discord.gg/tdb
diburning likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.