Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 27, 19, 2:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 11, 20, 9:27 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jk77341 View Post
Thanks all. The Staples no fee VGC deal is coming up and was thinking if it would be easier to convert 5 of the $200 to a single $1K for both BB or MO at WM.
You could possibly stealthily sneak 1 or 2 cards in but if you want to do 5 then you probably need to give the CSR a heads up as to what you're doing.
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Thanks for all the information.
I now know that all Amex cards are kaput at Simon. That is why I asked for DPs.

I have also been told that Amex business cards are good still at Staples and OM. If that is in error, just post it.

And in regards to my post on timing of closure and redemption of rewards was the line where I stated that I was uncertain as to whether Chase gave you 30 days or not.
Others posted that Chase does give 30 days.

My ultimate goal is to try and provide the most accurate and up to date information available. I am not reluctant to qualify my information when uncertain of it.
AMEX SC+ CCs stopped earning 5X for me at OM about a year ago (still earn 5X at Staples). So unless something has changed, OM is a no-go.
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:40 am

Thanks all. The Staples no fee VGC deal is coming up and was thinking if it would be easier to convert 5 of the $200 to a single $1K for both BB or MO at WM.
You won't be able to convert 5 $200 cards to a single MO at WM. They are hard coded to accept a max of four swipes (cards) so max MO you could get would be $799.xx with four $200 cards (or $800 if you pay the MO fee with cash).
deker0 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:40 pm

Amazingly this is quite amazingly completely not on topic
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:21 pm
ogg

Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
Amazingly this is quite amazingly completely not on topic
His question was whether he could use 5 $200 prepaid Staples cards to buy one $1K Simon card at Simon--and then use that $1K card for bp or mo at WM. I think that's on topic here.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
You won't be able to convert 5 $200 cards to a single MO at WM. They are hard coded to accept a max of four swipes (cards) so max MO you could get would be $799.xx with four $200 cards (or $800 if you pay the MO fee with cash).
At least for me,finding a WM that will allow more then 1 card to be swiped w/o asking to see the card/s is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Yes some still exist but I wouldnt suggest that a person starting out to rely on finding such a place
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
At least for me,finding a WM that will allow more then 1 card to be swiped w/o asking to see the card/s is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Yes some still exist but I wouldnt suggest that a person starting out to rely on finding such a place
In my area, four out of six WMs let me do multiple swipes, no questions asked. And I have had similar luck when traveling in other states. (I donít go to big cities, typically.)

YMMV.
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
In my area, four out of six WMs let me do multiple swipes, no questions asked. And I have had similar luck when traveling in other states. (I donít go to big cities, typically.)

YMMV.
Id say 1 out of the closest 30 to me will allow split payments, but I didnt say it cant be done. Again it was geared to a newbe who might not know what the score in their area. I was trying to tell them to 1st find out whats what and then jump in. Would hate for a new person to buy say 9K and find out the few places by them card everything. Out of the 30 I mentioned above Id say 1/3 card, even for 1 MO. Major Met area
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Id say 1 out of the closest 30 to me will allow split payments, but I didnt say it cant be done. Again it was geared to a newbe who might not know what the score in their area. I was trying to tell them to 1st find out whats what and then jump in. Would hate for a new person to buy say 9K and find out the few places by them card everything. Out of the 30 I mentioned above Id say 1/3 card, even for 1 MO. Major Met area
I like that you don't consider yourself a noob

Search this Thread
Search Engine: