FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:16 pm
dngrmys

I'm somewhat new to the Simon MS game, but have ramped it up quite a bit lately. I have read through most of this thread and saw a couple others experience what I just ran into, but still confused on what happened and would appreciate any advice if you've encountered the same thing.

So, I was buying 8 $1K VGC at a Simon property, like I have been doing on occasion for the past 6 weeks. However, today I ran the card and the clerk said "you're only authorized for $3,300". I was thrown off by this, but I thought it must have been a limit set by Chase. I excused myself, called Chase and they said there was no security limits on my account and I had $33K in available credit. I was very consued, but now I was just convinced the clerk made a mistake, so I had him run the transaction again...and it was declined.

I have a couple questions, but the ones that puzzle me the most are "how did the clerk see I had a $3,300 limit" and "what triggered that limit (if Chase claims there was no security limit on the card)?" I have read about "training" the card, but not sure I fully understand.

Last edited by dngrmys; Feb 11, 2020 at 6:29 pm