Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:45 am

So, I just got the R@kut3n card for the portal rebate. Any tips on if I need to break it in? Should I just do organic spend for the first month or so, or just go full bore racking up GCM charges? Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
what card was it that you were hitting hard?
Wyndham card
808traveler likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Wyndham card
Thanks for the response, can you elaborate? Monthly MS? CL? Precise reasons given for shutdown?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:29 am

They let me hit the card hard for two years, and then right after my third-year renewal, canceled all of my Barclay cards. There was no notice at all.
Did u lose the remaining pts / cash rewards? Or they let u redeem after shutdown?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:57 am

I did not lose any earned points, as they automatically transferred to my Wyndham account at the end of each month. After my January closing date and point transfer, they closed ALL of my Barclay cards.

My challenge is that I was cycling through my credit limit of $35K approximately two times a month, with an annual spend of about $750K. Lesson learned! While some of this was manufactured spending, the bulk was business travel. I put very little spend on my other Barclay's card.

I do not recall the reason the gave for the account closings, as it was somewhat generic. They did send me a letter with the bland reason. I just don't remember. I do have all of the paperwork at home.

I appealed to Barclays "Office of the President," but there was little they could do. I was told that it was not a permanent ban, tried applying six months later, but was denied. I now plan to give it a year. Although, other than their Aviator Red card, they don't have anything I'm overly interested in. I'm done with Wyndham, as their frequent stay program changed, and their all-inclusives no longer participate.
808traveler likes this.

Last edited by TTT103; Sep 10, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:51 am

I did not lose any earned points, as they automatically transferred to my Wyndham account at the end of each month. After my January closing date and point transfer, they closed ALL of my Barclay cards.

My challenge is that I was cycling through my credit limit of $35K approximately two times a month, with an annual spend of about $750K. Lesson learned! While some of this was manufactured spending, the bulk was business travel. I put very little spend on my other Barclay's card.

I do not recall the reason the gave for the account closings, as it was somewhat generic. They did send me a letter with the bland reason. I just don't remember. I do have all of the paperwork at home.

I appealed to Barclays "Office of the President," but there was little they could do. I was told that it was not a permanent ban, tried applying six months later, but was denied. I now plan to give it a year. Although, other than their Aviator Red card, they don't have anything I'm overly interested in. I'm done with Wyndham, as their frequent stay program changed, and their all-inclusives no longer participate.
Wow that was some serious spend. I don't feel so bad now with my JB biz $50k MS in 9 months! (All MS tho)

Anyways good luck, and please keep us posted.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Wow that was some serious spend. I don't feel so bad now with my JB biz $50k MS in 9 months! (All MS tho)

Anyways good luck, and please keep us posted.
Yes, I got a little arrogant with the spending on that card, which likely led to its demise. I had the Wyndham card that earned two points for ANY dollar spent, which likely cost Barclays more than they were earning from me, considering I never carried a balance.

What is still perplexing is the minimal manufactured spending I did on that card. Had that been the issue, I would understand the shut-down. It was likely me cycling through the credit limit. When speaking to the representative in the Office of the President, she too examined my charges, and couldn't readily provide me with any rationale.

Regardless, this was a bit of a blessing in disguise, as the revamping of the Wyndham Rewards program this year left the card void of much value for me. I still have several weeks worth of free nights remaining that I need to burn over the next year (before they begin to expire).
808traveler likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:30 pm

Yes, I got a little arrogant with the spending on that card, which likely led to its demise. I had the Wyndham card that earned two points for ANY dollar spent, which likely cost Barclays more than they were earning from me, considering I never carried a balance.

What is still perplexing is the minimal manufactured spending I did on that card. Had that been the issue, I would understand the shut-down. It was likely me cycling through the credit limit. When speaking to the representative in the Office of the President, she too examined my charges, and couldn't readily provide me with any rationale.

Regardless, this was a bit of a blessing in disguise, as the revamping of the Wyndham Rewards program this year left the card void of much value for me. I still have several weeks worth of free nights remaining that I need to burn over the next year (before they begin to expire).
Wow, heckuva experience. Thank you for sharing!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Simon Malls
Simon Employee Here: $1k GC enrollment...

Simon Employee here! $1k cards expire at the end of October. Interested? Shoot me an e-mail...

Thanks,
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:10 pm

Simon Employee Here: $1k GC enrollment...

Shoot me an e-mail for details... Would love to get everyone enrolled....
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:21 pm

What is the benefit of enrolling?
zubin_ar likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:32 pm

How close are you to a Simon mall, Premium Outlet, Mills? You can save a ton of travel time and energy. Once completely registered you can order cards whenever you want, and have it shipped to you buy the end of the second business day. I have two people who are now completely registered and have been ordering every day.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:48 pm

Interesting, what is the additional cost for shipping/handling?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:58 pm

For any order between $9k-$10K...
Purchase Fee $35.55
Shipping (UPS Ground) $11.59
Processing Fee $10.00

Let me help you enroll.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:49 pm

Finally back into getting Chase cards. Are there any issues using the Chase Business Preferred? I think all Chase cards are okay correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.