FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:57 am
TTT103

I did not lose any earned points, as they automatically transferred to my Wyndham account at the end of each month. After my January closing date and point transfer, they closed ALL of my Barclay cards.

My challenge is that I was cycling through my credit limit of $35K approximately two times a month, with an annual spend of about $750K. Lesson learned! While some of this was manufactured spending, the bulk was business travel. I put very little spend on my other Barclay's card.

I do not recall the reason the gave for the account closings, as it was somewhat generic. They did send me a letter with the bland reason. I just don't remember. I do have all of the paperwork at home.

I appealed to Barclays "Office of the President," but there was little they could do. I was told that it was not a permanent ban, tried applying six months later, but was denied. I now plan to give it a year. Although, other than their Aviator Red card, they don't have anything I'm overly interested in. I'm done with Wyndham, as their frequent stay program changed, and their all-inclusives no longer participate.

Last edited by TTT103; Sep 10, 2019 at 10:03 am