Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
AMEX Delta business
AMEX business platinum and business gold (Canadian)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Barclaycard Arrival World MC
Chase Ink Cash Visa
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred (should give 2x, similar to CSR -- probably expired as of 6/5/17)
Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x, coded as travel -- this appears to have expired as of 6/5/17)
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category, misc. government services)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard
US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa

Successful Payees:
AAA (Socal, Santa Ana) insurance: Electronic payment: Processed 5/21 (Sunday), Complete 5/23, Arrived-Posted 5/26
ACS: took about 2 weeks to post
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check): 2 week turnaround
Citi Mortgage: Electronic - less than 1 week turnaround as of May 2017
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax & GST/HST remittances
Firstmark Services (student loan, electronically remitted)
Fidelity Bank (Mortgage) https://www.fidelitybank.com/ks/Home.aspx
Flagstar Bank (Mortgage), electronic payment, posts in 2-3 days.
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
NA Shade & Associates LLC
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
Nationstar Mortgage, electionic payment, post in 2-3 days.
New York Community Bank (NYCB) Mortgage: check mailed by Plastiq 4/27, posted 5/1.
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
PennyMac Mortgage: 1-1.5wk turnaround
TCF Mortgage: 1.5 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wawanesa USA Insurance
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16

Restrictions
New VISA payments are not being accepted for mortgages.
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hmm, I just started and got 2.0% for mastercard. Was that a one time benefit? If I had set up repeating payments, would have I maintained the 2%.

Any idea how long the 2% Amex deal is going on for?
February 28
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Sent a test payment to my mortgage company for a buck on 1/11. Plastiq said it should arrive by 1/20. Still no sign of it on 1/25. I'm just glad I didn't send the full payment.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Sent a test payment to my mortgage company for a buck on 1/11. Plastiq said it should arrive by 1/20. Still no sign of it on 1/25. I'm just glad I didn't send the full payment.
That's a long time. I was excited to start using it, but not thrilled with the processing times people are reporting. I made 2 payments and even tho they showed as processed, they havent shown in my accounts (electricity/cable), i guess that's normal.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:58 am

A payment was supposedly sent on 1/9 and didn't arrive until 1/18.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Fa Hz
That's a long time. I was excited to start using it, but not thrilled with the processing times people are reporting. I made 2 payments and even tho they showed as processed, they havent shown in my accounts (electricity/cable), i guess that's normal.
When did you make the payment and what was the projected post date?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: Chase UR, MR, RR
Just got this email, so I'm pretty pumped!

Hi WNYSUPPORT,

Plastiq now offers faster delivery to the following businesses:

ROUNDPOINT MORTGAGE

Payments will now be delivered within 2-3 business days.

Please note that the businesses you pay may still take additional time to credit your account. Have questions? We're happy to help, just reach out to us.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by wnysupport
Just got this email, so I'm pretty pumped!

Hi WNYSUPPORT,

Plastiq now offers faster delivery to the following businesses:

ROUNDPOINT MORTGAGE

Payments will now be delivered within 2-3 business days.

Please note that the businesses you pay may still take additional time to credit your account. Have questions? We're happy to help, just reach out to us.
This is great news, as they service my mortgage too.

I also received a notice about TD Bank Mortgage payment delivery time being cut down to 2-3 days. ^
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Do large payments take longer?

Perhaps over $10k?

I have a $15k minimum spend with my new Amex Bus Plat card and was wondering whether one $15k payment or three $5k payments would be best.

also, I didn't see Amex Bus Plat in the wiki, any issues with that card processing as a charge (I see Amex Business Open in the Wiki, so I'm optimistic).

Thanks in advance?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:34 pm

When did you make the payment and what was the projected post date?
I spoke too soon, one payment came through today, so its been 1 week, not bad after all. The other one is still waiting but even if it comes after 1.5 weeks, its reasonable for me, i just need to pay well in advance. im just testing the waters
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:35 pm

I spoke too soon, one payment came through today, so its been 1 week, not bad after all. The other one is still waiting but even if it comes after 1.5 weeks, its reasonable for me, i just need to pay well in advance. im just testing the waters
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I just need to wait longer. I double checked my emails from Plastiq. I paid the bill on 1/11, Plastiq sent it on 1/18 (that seems ridiculously long for processing), email said will take 5-7 business days (I didn't see "business" before). So 1/27 would be the 7th business day. Given that 1/27 is a Friday and depending on what time it arrives, assuming it arrives, my bank might not post it till Monday.

Still, if it shows up tomorrow, 16 days from initiated payment to arriving at payee seems kinda crazy.

Originally Posted by beachfan
Do large payments take longer?

Perhaps over $10k?

I have a $15k minimum spend with my new Amex Bus Plat card and was wondering whether one $15k payment or three $5k payments would be best.

also, I didn't see Amex Bus Plat in the wiki, any issues with that card processing as a charge (I see Amex Business Open in the Wiki, so I'm optimistic).

Thanks in advance?
I'd like to know about Amex Biz Plat, too, since I want to make a $6k plastiq payment with it. Any DPs on that?

As to your question re amount, I'd be nervous making such a large payment (both in one go and in separate ones totalling 15k). Someone on the AX clawback thread mentioned the only thing he did that was a typical with his AX was a 5-digit charge (and I think he did more than one in a short period). Go read that thread before you do anything.

I don't think Plastiq is considered MS, but you don't want to call attention to yourself and have them question your charges and freeze your MRs.

I did my test charge to a personal plat and here's the entry; I assume same for biz?

PQ*Fidelity Bank - San Francisco, CA
Doing business as:
PLASTIQ
1475 FOLSOM ST STE 400
SAN FRANCISCO
CA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
Reference: 2222222222222
Category: Business Services - Other Services

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 26, 2017 at 9:42 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:09 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I just need to wait longer. I double checked my emails from Plastiq. I paid the bill on 1/11, Plastiq sent it on 1/18 (that seems ridiculously long for processing), email said will take 5-7 business days (I didn't see "business" before). So 1/27 would be the 7th business day. Given that 1/27 is a Friday and depending on what time it arrives, assuming it arrives, my bank might not post it till Monday.

Still, if it shows up tomorrow, 16 days from initiated payment to arriving at payee seems kinda crazy.

I'd like to know about Amex Biz Plat, too, since I want to make a $6k plastiq payment with it. Any DPs on that?

As to your question re amount, I'd be nervous making such a large payment (both in one go and in separate ones totalling 15k). Someone on the AX clawback thread mentioned the only thing he did that was a typical with his AX was a 5-digit charge (and I think he did more than one in a short period). Go read that thread before you do anything.

I don't think Plastiq is considered MS, but you don't want to call attention to yourself and have them question your charges and freeze your MRs.

I did my test charge to a personal plat and here's the entry; I assume same for biz?

PQ*Fidelity Bank - San Francisco, CA
Doing business as:
PLASTIQ
1475 FOLSOM ST STE 400
SAN FRANCISCO
CA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
Reference: 2222222222222
Category: Business Services - Other Services

mmm, it seems they took a while to start your process to begin with. For me it was the same day (from Payment in Plastiq to getting a notification that my payment was being processed). Only 1 of my payments went through so far. So i can tell it truly depends on the vendor.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:25 am

UPDATE: my payment posted today. So
Paid: 1/11
Mailed: 1/18
Posted: 1/26
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:40 am

That's like 11 business days!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:55 pm

That's like 11 business days!
The second email of 1/18 that said the check was officially "sent" stated 5-7 business days. So technically 6 business days from that date, but yes 11 business days from initial payment.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:33 pm

I used my Amex Biz Plat for my mortgage the past 3 months to meet minimum spend with no issue. Mortgage was with Wells Fargo. I was lucky that I had a targeted 150k pts for $20k spend offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.