FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:09 pm
Fa Hz

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I just need to wait longer. I double checked my emails from Plastiq. I paid the bill on 1/11, Plastiq sent it on 1/18 (that seems ridiculously long for processing), email said will take 5-7 business days (I didn't see "business" before). So 1/27 would be the 7th business day. Given that 1/27 is a Friday and depending on what time it arrives, assuming it arrives, my bank might not post it till Monday.

Still, if it shows up tomorrow, 16 days from initiated payment to arriving at payee seems kinda crazy.

I'd like to know about Amex Biz Plat, too, since I want to make a $6k plastiq payment with it. Any DPs on that?

As to your question re amount, I'd be nervous making such a large payment (both in one go and in separate ones totalling 15k). Someone on the AX clawback thread mentioned the only thing he did that was a typical with his AX was a 5-digit charge (and I think he did more than one in a short period). Go read that thread before you do anything.

I don't think Plastiq is considered MS, but you don't want to call attention to yourself and have them question your charges and freeze your MRs.

I did my test charge to a personal plat and here's the entry; I assume same for biz?

PQ*Fidelity Bank - San Francisco, CA
Doing business as:
PLASTIQ
1475 FOLSOM ST STE 400
SAN FRANCISCO
CA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
Reference: 2222222222222
Category: Business Services - Other Services

mmm, it seems they took a while to start your process to begin with. For me it was the same day (from Payment in Plastiq to getting a notification that my payment was being processed). Only 1 of my payments went through so far. So i can tell it truly depends on the vendor.