Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radonc1
I use several Amex cards which have long since past any bonus stage. However, I do need to meet various spend levels. For example, if I reach a certain spend level with my Morgan Stanley Plat card, I get a monetary refund. This is also true for my other Amex cards as well.

And yes, my SMGC purchases count for the above minimum levels. But these are not bonuses per se.
Got it. I gather the monetary refund is from Morgan Stanley not from AMEX?

It is no difference to earning regular spending points on, say, an SPG card. Just that the way you posted is confusing, at least to me.

Originally Posted by fedechat
As far as I read in the last couple of weeks, the issue is with Amex MR CC (Blue, Gold, Plat) for spend requirements and not with Amex SPG, Hilton, Delta etc.
FWIW, AMEX own spending bonus offer on SPG such as $30 statement credit for $3K spend, for 6 months - would not be triggered by SGC bought from store from personal experience, but worked for a while from GiftcardMall online then stopped a couple months ago according to DPs in this forum.

I dont know about sign up bonuses from personal experiences but DPs on the net is, it applies to all AMEX cards sign up bonus that SGC stopped working several months ago.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:40 am
Suspended

Are there any portals that pay CB on online purchases?
Old May 24, 2018, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi guys,

I ordered 4k worth of VGC on 5/11. I got an email notification saying it was shipped via USPS on 5/14. As of today, nothing has arrived and there is no tracking number on the website. Should I wait or give them a call? Is this timeframe normal?

thanks
Old May 24, 2018, 7:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi guys,

I ordered 4k worth of VGC on 5/11. I got an email notification saying it was shipped via USPS on 5/14. As of today, nothing has arrived and there is no tracking number on the website. Should I wait or give them a call? Is this timeframe normal?

thanks
The cards I receive are shipped from a Reno, NV address- and I am in CA. Have come from Reno for the last 4 years I have used them. Not sure if other parts of the US receive cards from different fulfillment centers. Mine shipped on a Tuesday and came in on a Thursday.

I would call and ask for an update. They may re-issue the cards and cancel out the ones originally sent.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jtav559
The cards I receive are shipped from a Reno, NV address- and I am in CA. Have come from Reno for the last 4 years I have used them. Not sure if other parts of the US receive cards from different fulfillment centers. Mine shipped on a Tuesday and came in on a Thursday.

I would call and ask for an update. They may re-issue the cards and cancel out the ones originally sent.
Ok nvm - cards arrived yesterday - my wife took the mail without mentioning it to me
Old May 28, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Are there any portals that pay CB on online purchases?
I don't think so, but I could be mistaken. I wonder how easy it is to get a corporate account so I can buy 1K gift cards. I have a small business. Does anyone here have one?
Old May 28, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I don't think so, but I could be mistaken. I wonder how easy it is to get a corporate account so I can buy 1K gift cards. I have a small business. Does anyone here have one?
It's been common knowledge for awhile now that they monitor businesses/corporate accounts buying $1K VGCs pretty closely and MSing via that route leads to shut downs quickly.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by Travelz
I'm a Simon employee who sells gift cards. All corporate accounts have a tax ID number. If you order through College Mall in Bloomington, Indiana. I might be able to help you navigate if there are any hiccups.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
I frequently buy GC's while traveling. Have never had an issue. I'm just extra-extra careful about not losing them.

I'm a Simon employee. Let me know next they you are planning on purchasing GC's. I can let you know if we are running any specials. Also, if you could order them through College Mall in Bloomington, In would be great!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by wetsand
I was told by the local Simon manager that he gets a bonus for hitting quotas for purchases of Simon cards of less than $500.00. He specifically mentioned 10k purchases instead of 9575.05.
I'm a Simon employee. You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, we do not get credit for Simon purchases of $500.00. If it's $475.00 and below we get credit.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Does anybody know how long it takes for Simon to process a refund for an online order? I got an email yesterday letting me know that my order from a month ago that they've been dragging their feet on (it's been a nightmare) has been cancelled. Trying to figure out when my CL will go back to what it should be...

I couldn't find anything in the forum on this. Probably wasn't looking in the right place.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:14 pm

Does SM work for MSR of Amex cards not issued by Amex? I.e. Not Plat, BRG but rather cards like Amex Penfed Pathfinder?

Also, can someone confirm that SPG Biz MSR still can be done with SM GC?

Last edited by CrimsonMoose; Jun 2, 2018 at 7:18 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:07 pm

Is it just me or are the order numbers not matching? All the emails have 23***** while the last two delivered mailers have 16******, also the order dates seem to be plus or minus a day.

This is really throwing my system off, anyone else experiencing this? I might have to start putting my own numbers in the to and from sections so I can tell one order from another.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:58 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by mwstahly
I'm a Simon employee. You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, we do not get credit for Simon purchases of $500.00. If it's $475.00 and below we get credit.
Does ordering online get you credit somehow?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by CDO
Does ordering online get you credit somehow?
Yes it does. Especially if you order as a corporate customer. The most important info to be a corporate customer is a tax id number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.