Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Was 3.95 last week at my local fishing hole for the variable cards they keep in the lock bag, Silver/Grey theme. Will check again this week when I stock up, off the rack vs out of the bag fees, and see what I am charged.

Thanks. My store ran out of the "out of the bag" VGCs. Hope they have restocked by now.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by wetsand
I was told by the local Simon manager that he gets a bonus for hitting quotas for purchases of Simon cards of less than $500.00. He specifically mentioned 10k purchases instead of 9575.05.
I was told the same thing. But my SM said they have some other deal where they hit their quota. I always buy 19x500 = 1 x 421 so I give them a little nudge, but I'd happily buy 20 x 496.05 if it mattered.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by redarmy
Went to my usual Simon Mall yesterday but was told that no $3.95 fee VGCs are available to sell to me. Only available VGCs are on the rack but each has a fee of $4.95. Anyone else encountered this in other SMs?
I've been told numerous times, the most recent being yesterday, that they will no longer sell the loose GC's in bulk, but only the J-hooks. They said it's because they can't load less than $20 on the j-hooks and they sometimes have promotions like "Buy $100 Nike gift card, get $10 Visa card free." But the fees are the same, $3.95 for both.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Just came back from my go to Simon Mall. Yes, there are 4.95 cards and the manager said that these are 1.00 more because 1.00 goes to charity. Pink border goes to Susan Komen Cancer and orange border goes to scholarship funds in the community.

Tons of 3.95 cards on the hooks outside of the office.

Also spoke with the manager and asked if they got a bonus for selling a value of under 500.00 on the cards and she looked at me strangely and said, “No”. I was going to do 496.05 if they did get bonuses but since she said no I did 500.00 on each.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:39 pm

Was able to get some bulk cards in AZ over the weekend. No luck getting them in MI, only the J-hooks. We'll see what happens in LAS in June...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Bulk was plenty available last friday in East Bay Area. $3.95 per the usual. My homie at the GS desk was glad to see me. I might bring him lunch one of these days!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm back in the US Midwest for a short time and it's still the same at the Simon mall here, although now they copy my partially-filled form for use the next day, which is nice. I won't have time for a lot of MSing, but I should get to 70-90K before I leave for SF on Saturday.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I moved a post asking about what to do with Simon Mall gift cards after you buy them over to the New to Manufactured spending thread. Please help the OP over there.
dealhunt3r likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Now that GC.com and GCM are dead, I'm looking into buying Simon Visas. However, I don't live near a Simon Mall, so I'll order them online. Any tips and tricks for ordering them online? Any limits, or anything that may get me shut down? I know they are processed through GCM, so I don't know if that has any bearing on it...

I looked through everything and couldn't any DPs for my question.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
Now that GC.com and GCM are dead, I'm looking into buying Simon Visas. However, I don't live near a Simon Mall, so I'll order them online. Any tips and tricks for ordering them online? Any limits, or anything that may get me shut down? I know they are processed through GCM, so I don't know if that has any bearing on it...

I looked through everything and couldn't any DPs for my question.
Tthe Simon Visas are sold online by GCM, as you said. So you're basically buying from GCM. No difference in limits, shutdowns, accounts, etc. It's just GCM unfortunately.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by digitalpop
Tthe Simon Visas are sold online by GCM, as you said. So you're basically buying from GCM. No difference in limits, shutdowns, accounts, etc. It's just GCM unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. UGH. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by digitalpop
i dont think this is true, at least not for Simon corporate online/mail gc sales, which appear to be handled in house.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
That's unfortunate. UGH. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
it's not always unfortunate if you keep an eye on glitches posted on the 'net. I saw reports on blogs that there were fee free days these past Saturday to early Monday morning. Online orders were not charged purchase fees, just the small shipping of .49.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Anyone knows the category SGC post if paid by Citi issued cards? "Department stores" or some miscellaneous thing.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:41 am

Merchandise - MISC GENERAL MERCHANDISE NOT CLASSIFIED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.