Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I have a new batch of mail order SM cards. Over the past 2 days I've repeatedly tried to reset PINs and not been able to do so on any of them. Every time I get the recording "We're Experiencing System Issue".
Did anyone else experience the same issue? If not, perhaps I got a batch with bad PINs, and they won't work in store terminals either.
Same issue for me. Phone system won't let me set the pin code. Going to try to liquidate at Walmart using last 4 digits as pin.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by churn_and_fire
Same issue for me. Phone system won't let me set the pin code. Going to try to liquidate at Walmart using last 4 digits as pin.
Please follow up afterwards if the default PINs worked ok with your cards.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:18 pm

Yep will do. Planning to go tmw
Old May 13, 2018, 8:29 am

last four works fine
MaxVO and merice107107 like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Lots
Does SMVGCs not count towards all Am3x spend or just MR earning cards?
Old May 16, 2018, 8:06 am

Been seeing the same for Delta MQD not counting Simon VGC - MQM bonus still posting?

Last edited by allnegotiable; May 16, 2018 at 11:35 am Reason: didnt include original in reply
Old May 16, 2018, 8:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by devastitis
Does SMVGCs not count towards all Am3x spend or just MR earning cards?
Used Hi1ton Am3x at Simon to hit 40k spend for Diamond. Probably 1/5th of the 40k was through Simon, rest was at $afeway where there are 2x points for grocery purch. All of which counted towards cumulative spend requirement.
devastitis likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jtav559
Used Hi1ton Am3x at Simon to hit 40k spend for Diamond. Probably 1/5th of the 40k was through Simon, rest was at $afeway where there are 2x points for grocery purch. All of which counted towards cumulative spend requirement.
I have not noticed any restrictions by AMEX on my minimum spend requirements by using MS. Since buying SMGCs does not confer any spending bonuses with Amex, I have also not noticed any loss of standard point accumulation on these cards as well.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:01 pm

Online purchases shows like GIFTCARDS on the statement. Very weird and embarrassing when u speak to a bank CSR when asking for retention .
Old May 17, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radonc1
I have not noticed any restrictions by AMEX on my minimum spend requirements by using MS. Since buying SMGCs does not confer any spending bonuses with Amex, I have also not noticed any loss of standard point accumulation on these cards as well.
Are you saying you still earn sign up bonus even you met the spend requirement via SGC? That would be opposite from all other data pts on the net.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Online purchases shows like GIFTCARDS on the statement. Very weird and embarrassing when u speak to a bank CSR when asking for retention .
Why? Citi/Amex/Whoever-bank got their cut on the processing fee. Why should they care if it was manufactured or not? Now, some astute CSR could connect the dots but I don't think all will.

If you are that worried, pepper in some misc spending before you call for a retention bonus. A bunch of gas station Soda/Gatorade purchases should do the trick, as that is my go to for "organic spending blending".
Old May 17, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Are you saying you still earn sign up bonus even you met the spend requirement via SGC? That would be opposite from all other data pts on the net.
I use several Amex cards which have long since past any bonus stage. However, I do need to meet various spend levels. For example, if I reach a certain spend level with my Morgan Stanley Plat card, I get a monetary refund. This is also true for my other Amex cards as well.

And yes, my SMGC purchases count for the above minimum levels. But these are not bonuses per se.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by jtav559
Why? Citi/Amex/Whoever-bank got their cut on the processing fee. Why should they care if it was manufactured or not? Now, some astute CSR could connect the dots but I don't think all will.

If you are that worried, pepper in some misc spending before you call for a retention bonus. A bunch of gas station Soda/Gatorade purchases should do the trick, as that is my go to for "organic spending blending".
i use my SPG for everything along with SGC purchases , atleast till july 30th . But 2 or 3 purchases stand out
Old May 18, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Happy
As far as I read in the last couple of weeks, the issue is with Amex MR CC (Blue, Gold, Plat) for spend requirements and not with Amex SPG, Hilton, Delta etc.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
As far as I read in the last couple of weeks, the issue is with Amex MR CC (Blue, Gold, Plat) for spend requirements and not with Amex SPG, Hilton, Delta etc.
Just to be certain, I went to my MR points with my Plat card and I am receiving all MR point for all purchases (along with bonuses when I buy in the bonus category), including SMGC purchases and OM and Staples purchases.
This is also the case for point rewards with my Hilton and Starwood card as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.