Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by zackwheat
The Simon Mall in Independence, Mo just changed hands after Simon defaulted on its debt. No more Visa GCs there as of 2/16.
That sucks. That was my go to mall (and the only Simon' mall in the area). Not sure what Plan B is.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by bw1985
Question for the heavy hitters, are you cycling your credit or do you just have really high CL’s on the cards you use at Simon?
I have been cycling my Fidelity cards (Amex, then Visa) for years. I recently got several other cards, including a Spark Cash, Citi Doublecash, and Discover. I had a problem with my SC and had to call Capital One. The agent noticed that I had been spending $20-30K a month with my $10K credit limit, and asked me if she could take my application for an increased credit limit.

I've pre-paid my credit cards for years; if I owe a few hundred I pay it then instead of waiting for the bill to come. Of course that's not exactly the same as cycling.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Several dozen
Just read a bit about that mall. Seems they had a shooting a few years back and business took a hit. The Windsor Park Mall in San Antonio was a peer mall, build around the same time, that also had a shooting incident and was never able to recover. That Windsor Mall ended up being turned into a Rackspace data center.

Originally Posted by zackwheat
The Simon Mall in Independence, Mo just changed hands after Simon defaulted on its debt. No more Visa GCs there as of 2/16.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Carl

If you have an HH card that earns a category bonus (i.e. 6x at grocery), it would make more sense to buy the VGCs there.
thats a good idea, and will pursue it. Regarding Groceries, I was thinking of Jewel-Osco, what are the safe cards to buy on there and use it at WM to get MOs? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:59 am

Starwood are effectively 1.25 points when transferred to one of the many airline partner's frequent flyer programs
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:15 am

simon corporate account

does anyone know how to get a simon corporate account? I know that you must have a business but what information does simon need in order to do this? also, what are the minimum and maximum limits to how many cards can be bought at one time? and is $500 still the maximum amount that can be put onto one visa gift card or is it $1000?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by unidentified
does anyone know how to get a simon corporate account? I know that you must have a business but what information does simon need in order to do this? also, what are the minimum and maximum limits to how many cards can be bought at one time? and is $500 still the maximum amount that can be put onto one visa gift card or is it $1000?

Thanks in advance
You obtain a corporate account by going into the Simon mall office (or on-line) and requesting an application. It isn't complicated. The details of the account are included in the application or on-line and again can be obtained on-line here.
All of this information could have also been found in this thread. I would highly suggest that you read before wasting your time and money since it will give you important caveats on doing MS with a corporate account.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Too many to list
Simon GCs still good for MO at Walmart?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Simon GCs still good for MO at Walmart?
yes, but YMMV, only way to find out is try unless you know someone in your area.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:59 am

Does Simon Mall count towards AMEX minimum spend if they are purchased at the mall in person? I've read that some people have trouble buying online.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by poisson
Does Simon Mall count towards AMEX minimum spend if they are purchased at the mall in person? I've read that some people have trouble buying online.
I don’t believe so. They definitely aren’t working for the MQD waiver on the DL Reserve. I’ve spent $30k+ (and got my $30k milestone earlier this week) but AX is reporting to DL that I’ve only spent $9k since they’re deducting the Simon purchases (and apparently do the same for GC.com and GCM, though I haven’t used those).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Several dozen
Indeed, seeing the same. They just earn base miles now. Time to kick DL Reserve to the curb.

I don’t believe so. They definitely aren’t working for the MQD waiver on the DL Reserve. I’ve spent $30k+ (and got my $30k milestone earlier this week) but AX is reporting to DL that I’ve only spent $9k since they’re deducting the Simon purchases (and apparently do the same for GC.com and GCM, though I haven’t used those).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:14 am

Wow . Amex is on roll. Atleast are you getting the regular miles for that spend ?

Recently Alliant is cracked down on gc.com purchases and some say even on simon mall purchases also.

Now banks are adding purchase filters to void out certain large purchases in providing bonuses or even regular points
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Wow . Amex is on roll. Atleast are you getting the regular miles for that spend ?

Recently Alliant is cracked down on gc.com purchases and some say even on simon mall purchases also.

Now banks are adding purchase filters to void out certain large purchases in providing bonuses or even regular points
Yes, it seems these purchases still work for regular earning (and milestones like the $30/$60k on the Reserve) but not for MSR or the DL MQD waiver. I’m keeping the Reserve this year since I need the MQMs and the waiver but will likely make a change next year (which will also involve switching loyalty to other carriers).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by unidentified

Thanks in advance
While Simon is very accommodating to consumers, they are strict on the corporate accounts. You will not be able to get one unless you are actually using the cards in your business, and MS doesn't count as a "business." I have a legitimate business, listed in D&B, open for 25 years, I briefly got a corporate account but they closed me down after a few weeks.

Don't waste your time, you can't use it for MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.