Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by temporarilypoor
Merchandise - MISC GENERAL MERCHANDISE NOT CLASSIFIED

Thank You.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
I'm visiting a place with a Simon mall next door. There are no Simon malls within driving distance of home. If a Simon VGC has an issue (activation, need for replacement, etc,) it would probably be handled over the phone right? I'm thinking about buying some and liquidating at home, but don't want to take a dud back and then be stuck with it.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
I'm visiting a place with a Simon mall next door. There are no Simon malls within driving distance of home. If a Simon VGC has an issue (activation, need for replacement, etc,) it would probably be handled over the phone right? I'm thinking about buying some and liquidating at home, but don't want to take a dud back and then be stuck with it.
I recently had an issue and it is handled over the phone with a replacement sent out in 7-10 days. Make sure to count the cards and even match them to the receipt before you leave. Our store is back to the cards without the packaging which is nice.
NeGourmand likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Excellent, thank you.

Originally Posted by Travelz
I recently had an issue and it is handled over the phone with a replacement sent out in 7-10 days. Make sure to count the cards and even match them to the receipt before you leave. Our store is back to the cards without the packaging which is nice.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I frequently buy GC's while traveling. Have never had an issue. I'm just extra-extra careful about not losing them.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:25 pm

Apart from Alliant, are there any CC that generate zero points at Simon (excluding the cases when one is trying to hit the min spend for bonus)?
Old May 8, 2018, 5:35 am

I placed an order w/ SM online on 5/1 and haven't received an email to notify my that my VGCs have shipped. I haven't placed an order w/ SM in several months, so I'm wondering if they still send emails to notify that your order has shipped.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by NikSem
Apart from Alliant, are there any CC that generate zero points at Simon (excluding the cases when one is trying to hit the min spend for bonus)?
Alliant doesn't earn points at Simon? Did not know that.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Give them a call. I had an order last year take about a week before the shipping confirmation popped up. Sometimes their processing is terribly slow.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Give them a call. I had an order last year take about a week before the shipping confirmation popped up. Sometimes their processing is terribly slow.
Weird, I've only placed a handful of orders with them but it never took more than 48 hours to ship. I'll give them a call if I don't get an email in the next day or two.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:12 pm

Same situation here

Originally Posted by jsl_313
I placed an order w/ SM online on 5/1 and haven't received an email to notify my that my VGCs have shipped. I haven't placed an order w/ SM in several months, so I'm wondering if they still send emails to notify that your order has shipped.
I placed two orders on SM on April 30 when they didn't have the $3.95 fees. Still haven't shipped. They do send ship notifications; orders I've placed last Friday or even yesterday have already gotten ship notifications for me. I think there is some bug regarding the fact that we didn't pay service fees. Let me know if you know more about this. I've called their customer service and opened a case and they tell me they are investigating...starting to get kind of worried
Old May 9, 2018, 1:57 pm

I know AMEX has been strict on Simon GC not counting for spend on minimum spending for bonuses, but are there any DP for meeting spend for a retention bonus? I need to spend $3000 for 20K MR on my PRG.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
I saw someone alluded that Chase had started doing the same thing, but I've been able to meet spend req't for Marriott card with Simon Visas without issue this month.
Do you mean min spend for new card 75K point bonus or min spend for annual status retention? I have the Marriott Business and need to know before I buy $500 from Simon - also does it matter whether its online or in mall? I'd like to order thru the mail to get my bonus.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Do you mean min spend for new card 75K point bonus or min spend for annual status retention? I have the Marriott Business and need to know before I buy $500 from Simon - also does it matter whether its online or in mall? I'd like to order thru the mail to get my bonus.
75K bonus, I got the GCs from the local mall.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:13 pm

I have a new batch of mail order SM cards. Over the past 2 days I've repeatedly tried to reset PINs and not been able to do so on any of them. Every time I get the recording "We're Experiencing System Issue".
Did anyone else experience the same issue? If not, perhaps I got a batch with bad PINs, and they won't work in store terminals either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.