Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Men, I stop by the Orange Outlet by Simon on I-5 in South Cali (I am working here for a couple months during the week) and as always, just asked for 2 X $500 VGC, which is the norm for me. I buy 2 maybe 3 every time just to slowly meet minimum sing in bonuses on brand new cards (not in a rush as I do this as a hobby, not a form of living). Well, the new CSR in training examined my Credit Card at least 5 times and also wanted to see the last 4 # on CC versus the last 4 # on the receipt. I told him that EMV is really close to impossible to duplicate or counterfeit, and that he should worry about mag stripe transactions, not EMV transactions with Liability Shift.
Also, men, I am buying two, not 10 - 19 VGCs, LOL. I guess there are still people draining them at Wally here in South Cali in high quantities. I just wait for the weekend to go back home to the Middle of Nowhere Mid West and then go visit my CSR friends at Wally and get my $1,000 MO without a problem.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by carlitos
Men, I stop by the Orange Outlet by Simon on I-5 in South Cali (I am working here for a couple months during the week) and as always, just asked for 2 X $500 VGC, which is the norm for me. I buy 2 maybe 3 every time just to slowly meet minimum sing in bonuses on brand new cards (not in a rush as I do this as a hobby, not a form of living). Well, the new CSR in training examined my Credit Card at least 5 times and also wanted to see the last 4 # on CC versus the last 4 # on the receipt. I told him that EMV is really close to impossible to duplicate or counterfeit, and that he should worry about mag stripe transactions, not EMV transactions with Liability Shift.
Also, men, I am buying two, not 10 - 19 VGCs, LOL. I guess there are still people draining them at Wally here in South Cali in high quantities. I just wait for the weekend to go back home to the Middle of Nowhere Mid West and then go visit my CSR friends at Wally and get my $1,000 MO without a problem.

Sounds like he's in training. He'll get used to it. Simon's fraud training is very intense...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Sounds like you don't know Orange Simon. He's actually the manager, not in training. It's just an old habit for him. Source, I know the entire Simon staff there.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Sounds like you don't know Orange Simon. He's actually the manager, not in training. It's just an old habit for him. Source, I know the entire Simon staff there.
I stand corrected. I only know the Simon Malls in my immediate surroundings. Us mid-west malls have to be extremely nice since we don't have the same amount of foot traffic as the bigger east, west, or Florida malls.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa

Just noticed this with my delta MQMs, as they did not track. What about SPG points through simon, are poeple still getting the points at least? Might try to max it out this month since it’s the last.
Simon spend still gets you SPG points/Gold after 30K.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mwstahly
I stand corrected. I only know the Simon Malls in my immediate surroundings. Us mid-west malls have to be extremely nice since we don't have the same amount of foot traffic as the bigger east, west, or Florida malls.
NY Simons couldn't be nicer.
joeaseer and mwstahly like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:21 pm

Attention all who have corporate accounts. All you need is a tax ID number to be considered a corporate. If you can please select College Mall in Bloomington, In as your center of choice!!

Purchase fees for all American Express® Simon Giftcards® and Rewardcards® are practically
melting away this July. Use promo codes below when ordering at simon.com/volume.

American Express Simon Giftcards: Normal Rate: $3.95 Promo Rate: $0.99
Promo Code JULAG75

American Express Simon Rewardcard Normal Rate: $2.95 Promo Rate $0.00
Promo Code JULAR100
AMEX giftcards are not debit. Difficult to liquidate. Even for nearly fee-free. They were lucrative when you could order them from AMEX through a cash-back portal in bulk, but that is gone now also.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
AMEX giftcards are not debit. Difficult to liquidate. Even for nearly fee-free. They were lucrative when you could order them from AMEX through a cash-back portal in bulk, but that is gone now also.

Good to know...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
They never deny a sale as long as card matches the ID and stuff like that. If you're new to them they'll check the card and ID with a black light.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by radonc1
This is what I mean as well. SMGC purchases count for me towards my $40K spend for HH plat levels.

I have had my cards for years so there is no "bonus" that I am eligible for anymore.
I dont get it, why buy GCs @ SM and earn 3 pts per $, when a supermkt or gas earns 6 pts per $. I know SM is $2 cheaper but unless I messed up somehow it ended up cheaper per pt going the supermkt/gas route. I realize I could get $9500 at SM while I limited myself to $1500 at a supermkt. But the extra pts earned way outweighed the cost for them
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I dont get it, why buy GCs @ SM and earn 3 pts per $, when a supermkt or gas earns 6 pts per $. I know SM is $2 cheaper but unless I messed up somehow it ended up cheaper per pt going the supermkt/gas route. I realize I could get $9500 at SM while I limited myself to $1500 at a supermkt. But the extra pts earned way outweighed the cost for them
Info about MS routes in your region is not really useful without specifying the region. And this thread is about SM.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:36 pm

"I dont get it, why buy GCs @ SM and earn 3 pts per $, when a supermkt or gas earns 6 pts per $. I know SM is $2 cheaper but unless I messed up somehow it ended up cheaper per pt going the supermkt/gas route. I realize I could get $9500 at SM while I limited myself to $1500 at a supermkt. But the extra pts earned way outweighed the cost for them"

You basically said the reason....which is volume.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:29 am

6pts/supermarkets have annual limits that many of us hit early on.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS
6pts/supermarkets have annual limits that many of us hit early on.
We were talking about HH points instead of cash here. There is no cap on the 6% through Asend/Surpass.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:40 am

I think it is for convenience. More trips to grocery stores than SMs and if there is not many grocery stores in the area then it becomes an issue if you want to hit the spending in a short period of time (say two weeks). But then maybe the OP didn't know about Surpass/Asend... Just speculating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.