Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Is All1@nt 3% working at Simon? I have 1 month left, am visiting a place with a simon and have some free time to purchase if so.
Just today my statement closed and it worked.
NeGourmand likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Did you buy full amount($500)? I tried some odd amount($493, for example) , and make it look like a purchase other than gift card. For 3 months, I did get 3% back. But I did not make a huge purchase though.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by IslandOfEnchantment
Does simon still work for WM mo?
Business as usual. No issues that I can report, I usually do 1 or 2 swipes per visit.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by wmy2008
Did you buy full amount($500)? I tried some odd amount($493, for example) , and make it look like a purchase other than gift card. For 3 months, I did get 3% back. But I did not make a huge purchase though.
I am making it fully obvious by buying exact 10 k of cards, and i got the reward as usual . Now take advantage of 1$ fee reduction .
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone *not* earning base MR points on their Simon GC purchases?

I get that the promotions/welcome bonuse requirements aren't being met by these purchases. But I've one source suggesting they didn't get base points on a Platinum card in October. Another did on their blue for business card in September though....not sure what to think without more data points.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
But I've one source suggesting they didn't get base points on a Platinum card in October.
Did the source not get base MR points for Oct statement which one would normally get in November or did you mean they did not get points from Sep statement which they were expecting in October?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rct12345
Did the source not get base MR points for Oct statement which one would normally get in November or did you mean they did not get points from Sep statement which they were expecting in October?
They showed me an October statement that said, "Available and Pending as of 09/30/18", with an amount that would be correct if the GC purchase were included. But the MR statement, including the "pending points", actually showed an amount consistent with all points *except* that purchase pending.

I will see if I can get access to the totals again to double check.

EDIT: Upon closer examination, it's not clear that's what happened. I'll report back once the statement has cycled.

Last edited by DaveH; Oct 19, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:22 am
formerly willbbiddy

I had an odd delay with points around my simon purchases showing up and the simon points missing, but a few days before they were scheduled to post everything was fine and posted as normal when the statement cut.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
They showed me an October statement that said, "Available and Pending as of 09/30/18", with an amount that would be correct if the GC purchase were included. But the MR statement, including the "pending points", actually showed an amount consistent with all points *except* that purchase pending.

I will see if I can get access to the totals again to double check.

EDIT: Upon closer examination, it's not clear that's what happened. I'll report back once the statement has cycled.

i got 1.5x using my Biz plat for a DP
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: 2% Cash Back by Citi | Chase Business Ink Cash| Amex Everyday Preferred| Chase Freedom| Discover It
Anybody know why at WM they ask me for my drivers licensed and typed it in the computer when making a MO? I been making MO and its been fine but today it seems they were bother by my presence. They even ask me can I look at the card "to see if it had a chip"
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by IslandOfEnchantment
Anybody know why at WM they ask me for my drivers licensed and typed it in the computer when making a MO? I been making MO and its been fine but today it seems they were bother by my presence. They even ask me can I look at the card "to see if it had a chip"
check this thread, read the last 9 pages and you'll find out what's going on.
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
check this thread, read the last 9 pages and you'll find out what's going on.
s/he asked there, too.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
they will probably close the acct or delete your 3% back on these purchases. Happened to me after 3x buying from GCMall. It worked for 4 months..then they emailed me that giftcards are excluded..and deleted the points. But they did not close the acct. Its a good card to have so tread lightly., There are other ways to mask gift card purchase with them.I think they actually have humans looking through the purchases. Especially your 10k. I lost about 150.00 in rewards..But it did work for a few months. They will catch on to Simon Malls.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:52 am

I try to use simon mall with my card and it keeps saying "Payment Error:Close
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance" Same message on GCM. But chase is not blocking it or has any fraud alerts.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasmians
I try to use simon mall with my card and it keeps saying "Payment Error:Close
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance" Same message on GCM. But chase is not blocking it or has any fraud alerts.
You're banned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.