Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:18 pm

hi
I was away for like 2 months and and when came back to reload my cards at walmart, i see a new ATM .. got to know from this forum as KATE,

Now went to many pages but didnt find how to load on KATE.

Can someone please refer me to the steps for KATE.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by amex1007
hi
I was away for like 2 months and and when came back to reload my cards at walmart, i see a new ATM .. got to know from this forum as KATE,

Now went to many pages but didnt find how to load on KATE.

Are you sure it is an actual KATE and not just the standard ATM that WM has been replacing the KATEs with?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:39 pm

This should be in the newbie thread, but that blogger, Million Miler (sumthin' like that) had a tutorial up on how to load @ KATE, assuming it is a KATE.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
hi
If it has "ATM" plastered on the front of the machine in big letters, that's an ATM and not a KATE. You're outta luck at that location.

Alas, my second favorite girl has left me and been replaced by a nameless ATM just this past week. (Thank goodness my favorite girl, my DW, is still with me. Kate probably realized that I was two-timing her, so she dumped me.)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
My DW is actually named "Kate", and we've been together a very long time (we have adult children). My second-favorite Kate is gone for good, though. *sniff*

Luckily, I have never had a problem with reloads at the Money Center counter - no requests to see the card, no wanting me to fill out forms, non of that stuff. I hope that it will remain that way - hey, I can hope!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just found another KATE, things are looking up...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
If it has "ATM" plastered on the front of the machine in big letters, that's an ATM and not a KATE. You're outta luck at that location.

Alas, my second favorite girl has left me and been replaced by a nameless ATM just this past week. (Thank goodness my favorite girl, my DW, is still with me. Kate probably realized that I was two-timing her, so she dumped me.)
Don't know if you are talking about the same one (Duarte, CA) but that was one of the better location - always operational, although the Money Center employees would get nosy if you hung around the machine too long and they weren't helping any clients at the counter. There are still a few regularly in operation in the inland area but I don't expect this to last until June.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Hbax
This should be in the newbie thread, but that blogger, Million Miler (sumthin' like that) had a tutorial up on how to load @ KATE, assuming it is a KATE.
A video to explain how to reload BB on KATE.

Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:44 pm

I accidentally got the store code for my KATE.

When I arrived, it had the blue screen, prompting for the store code input. I asked the guy at the CS counter and he pointed to this squirrelly-looking guy who was struggling with some shop carts.

He unlocked KATE and opened her up. Very interesting. He was checking connections and unplugging and replugging cable connectors. He then said he was going to have to do a reboot and it could take a while before it was ready.

I said I understood, as I had heard it was running old XP and it was slow. He said everything in this store is on old XP and is as slow as molasses.

He then called the guy at the CS counter over and told him he had to leave, so when KATE finished rebooting, he should enter the XXXX code so I could use it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by calwatch
Don't know if you are talking about the same one (Duarte, CA) but that was one of the better location - always operational, although the Money Center employees would get nosy if you hung around the machine too long and they weren't helping any clients at the counter. There are still a few regularly in operation in the inland area but I don't expect this to last until June.
Duarte, CA was a great location. Kate was open for service, but the problem is she's too open..a [redacted]. Too many customers. The cashiers, some were cool, and some were [redacted], but they let you buy 2k worth of MO with GC. That changed 2 months ago when they told me they don't accept GC anymore. I haven't gone back since. I guess they changed Kate into an ATM machine.

I noticed that today at another Walmart in Industry, CA. Changed Kate to a Walmart ATM machine.

I don't really care about kate or walmart anymore since I lost my Serve/BB.

Last edited by cbn42; Apr 12, 2016 at 5:56 pm Reason: masked obscenities
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
95% of KATEs are either dead or standard ATM machine up here in Bay Area, CA.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:51 pm

BB still doesn't load at Kate, but works fine at the money center register -- used up 3x Staples rebate cards

Serve loads fine at Kate -- used up 14x Staples rebate cards & 4x $200 prepaid debit cards (did half, shopped at Walmart & Sams next door, then did other half)

Last edited by Jatan; Apr 12, 2016 at 7:59 pm
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just found another KATE, things are looking up...
Which location did you find this KATE? Most of them are being replaced by ATM
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coolmike007
Which location did you find this KATE? Most of them are being replaced by ATM
I use the money pass app, so far I have 3 more, now I'm just wondering if PHX isn't being hit as hard as other cities. Now if you live in the Chandler, Tempe area I have struck out on those area's
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by vfdfs2
95% of KATEs are either dead or standard ATM machine up here in Bay Area, CA.
The Kate that use to be so reliable for me in tracy ca has been replaced by the standard ATM. A sad day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.